Categories > Original > Romance

Since Then We've Been History

by Sam41 4 reviews

A song fic for my best friend Melissa (melissagaskarthquinn) and it ships her and her boyfriend :D

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-18 - 2346 words

0Unrated
YOU DON'T EVEN SEE HOW FUCKING CUTE THAT SHIT IS, like it's long distance, but the way she was describing him and gah. I was like "is this how I sound when I try to describe Ash, huh?" It was pretty deep. But I hope you guys enjoy this, cause Melarcane is true shit. Like goddamn

/Since Then We've Been History/
Pairing: Melissa/Arcane
Song: Scene One- James Dean and Audrey Hepburn

Stay for tonight
If you want to, I can show you
What my dreams are made of
as I'm dreaming of your face
I've been away for a long time
Such a long time
And I miss you there
I can't imagine being anywhere else
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here

Smiles collaged faces, dimples marking cheeks, blushes arrising in faces as the two talked. It was a tradition between the two, skype was their main asset of communication for, it was a long distance relationship.
He living in one province, her in another, all the way across the country.

"Don't go. Please." She whispered, grinning at her IPod screen, knowing it was late where he was.

"I don't want to. If I fall asleep my dreams are focused around you; your perfect brown eyes, amazing face, beautiful personality, how down to earth you are. How you care so much for everyone, how you put everything you have into your music, how you lighten a room whenever you walk into it. Until I can be right there beside you, I'm not going to give up these moments. These moments like this, these conversations, skype calls, text messages, emails. Anything mean the absolute world to me. One day we're going to live together, I'm going to actually be there, not just be some face on a screen, some guy you talk to. I'm going to be there, holding your hand through it all. I'll be strong when you can't handle the weight of the world, I'll always be there, even though I'm across the country, I'll always be here for you." He whispered, sleep deepining his voice, as the girl sat there. His words sinking in as tears filled her eyes.
"Woah woah woah! Are you okay?!" He snapped right up, blue eyes full of concern as he watched the girl he loved have tears rolling down her red cheeks, only to be wiped away.

"I-I'm fine. Their happy tears, that is just..I don't even know how to explain it." The girl smiled, hands shaking as she wiped the moisture off her face.

"They better be good tears; I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hurt you." He whispered, causing more tears of overwhelming love and happyness to spill down the girls cheeks.

This memory seemed to be lost in time, as the girl walked down the street of her small town. She despised this feeling as she was never popular, she was more of a hated person. No real reason came behind why the people had a sudden dislike against her, why they would outcast her to the point of having only 3 real friends she could confide in. 3 friends who where physically there to hold her hand, hug her when her life was putting through her a hard time.

Staring at the sidewalk she walked on, wet with melted snow. Tears began dripping from her face as the words of what she thought was a friend stung.

You fat cunt! Hope you fucking die soon, you stupid whore bag!!! Nobody even fucking likes you, nobody cares about you. Everyone fucking hates you, its true, you desrve to be bullied. You deserve to be hated!!!

She once believed this friend was like any other online friend, that she would care as long as they continued to talk. No matter what would happen that she would care, comfort her when needed. Not use her deepest secrets against you.

"Don't cry, I would hate for the first time I get to see your pretty face for the first real time, and have it red and tear stained." A voice whispered to her, as a pair of arms tightened around her small waist.

"W-what?" She whispered, turning around as those arms kept their grip tightley around her waist.
"You're...You're really here. This isn't some dream, you're seriously here. Finally in my arms." She whispered, hand resting on his face as he smiled, signature dimples forming.

"Of course, I've been gone for way too long. Too many months, days, years have passed. I never realized how long a year and half would feel like." He whispered, as the girl fought back tears of love.

"I honestly can't imagine being anywhere else but right here. In your arms, just with you." She whispered, beginning to get choked up as he nodded. Slowly leaning in until lips pressed against one another. This one simple gesture taking all the sting of people's words away, numbing the pain of what people had done to her over the years, taking away the pain of what she resorted to. It took away any pain she felt throughout her life.

How the hell did you ever pick me?
Honestly, 'cause I could sing you a song
But I don't think words can express your beauty
It's singing to me:
How the hell did we end up like this?
You bring out the beast in me
I fell in love from the moment we kissed
Since then we've been history

That night, the two sat on the couch. Arms woven around one another, her head resting against his shoulder as the two sat, both silent. Enjoying the other's presence.

"Why?" She whispered, wondering why someone as perfect as him would choose someone as fucked up as her.

"Why what?" He asked, looking down at where his girlfriend lay curled up against his side.

"Why the hell would you choose me? You're so perfect, so amazing, you are the most amazing guy I've ever met. Yet you settle for someone as fucked up as me. You are so amazing, you're perfect and you chose me...the freak of society." She whispered, spilling her guts as he let out a sigh.

"Please don't. I hate hearing that, why do you think you're a freak? Because you seem so damn beautiful, perfect, amazing, down to earth, and lovely to me." He whispered as she sighed.

"That's what I went through high school hearing, getting told I'm some freak, that nobody would ever want me. That I'm some mistake who doesn't deserve to live. I grew up hearing it so much, it just started clicking, that I am what they call me. It's all truthful. Then there is you! You're the guy any girl wants. You could have had anyone, yet you choose me. I would try to explain it, sing you something, but I can't describe what I feel for you. I can't describe it, I've tried so many times, and the words never come out right. There are no words to describe what you mean to me, you're beauty, how amazing you are." She whispered, arms wrapping around his middle as he hugged her close, pressing a soft kiss against her hair.

"Don't worry,you just explained it all clearly." He whispered, holding her close, a smile spreading across both their faces.

Neither knew how the hell they got to that point, nor why they fell for one another so fast.
All they knew was they where in love from the first moment they skyped that one night, the way they talked for hours, keeping up a conversation about nothing while keeping it interesting all the same.
Since that night, they've been history.

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

Years passed by in a blur, as things began falling apart for her once more. Family issues topped with more "friends" backstabbing her, pulling a total 180 and starting shit with her caused her to fall back into her self destructive ways. The ways she pulled through, making past promises worthless as she broke them with one swift movement, followed by a terrible sting.

"Why?" A voice broke the silence one night, coming from the adjacent doorway that allowed a pale streak of light to cover the cold tiles.

"Why not? Everything is falling apart, I can't stand it. I'm weak if you haven't noticed. I can't be as strong as you, as anyone." She mumbled, burying her face into her arms and she pulled her knees into her chest.
"I'm so sorry, I don't blame you for hating me." She whispered, hands shaking slightly.

"Love lasts forever, no matter what happens." He mumbled, sitting beside the girl, allowing the darkness to cover them as they sat there.
"I can't promise things won't break, that they won't get broken. Not all promises are meant to be held up to forever, but I can promise you this. This promise won't ever be broken, not under any circumstances; no matter how bad things get, I won't ever leave you. I swear to you, I'm here forever." He whispered, fingers intertwining through hers

"Forever." She whispered back, fingers threading through his.


(If you want to, I can show you.)
(If you want to, I can show you.)

It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of
And I can't fall asleep
I lay in my bed awake at night
And I'll fall in love, you'll fall in love
It could mean everything, everything to me
Ooh This could mean everything to me

"You sound so tired...what's wrong?" Her voice was filled with concern, as she was 2 hours away, once again visiting her home town; going to see her family who she hadn't seen in a while.

"I haven't been sleeping the same, just lying awake for hours." He mumbled, walking over to their small kitchen, looking for food.

"Why? Anything on your mind?" She asked, as he let out a hum.

"Actually yes, you're all my dreams seem to be made of. Without you, I feel totally lost. You seem to be- no, you are everything to me. I've been thinking about this, how I just realized how far in love I am with you. I wish I could say this face-to-face, but it's true. I love you more than words can ever explain. You're my everything." He explained, as the girl grinned, unable to answer what he just said. Words betrayed her, as she sat there grinning like an idiot.

The way that we are
Is the reason I stay
As long as you're here with me
I know I'll be okay

"Come here." His fingers intertwined through hers, as he led her to some mystery place.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked, grinning at him.

"It's a secret." He whispered, as the two weaved through beaten walking trails through the woods for a few more minutes, until they reached a shoreline, nearly 15 feet above the water

"This is where I was leading you. It's the second most beautiful thing here." He grinned, pulling his girlfriend close.

"Second?" She mumbled, looking up at him.

"You're here aren't you?" She laughed slightly, adoring how cheesy the two would act when they where together.

"Thank you." She whispered, head resting against his chest as they stood in silence.

"Why?" He whispered, looking down at her, completely confused at her random thankfulness.

"Thank you for being there for me all those nights. For helping me be strong, for showing me there is more in life than what I went through, for being my strong side. It may sound chliche and cheesy; but you're the main reason why I am still here, why I didn't end it all back in high school. Why I found hope on my most hopeless nights. It's like, with you here, knowing you're here by my side, that I'll be okay. That there will be nothing that can hurt me enough to think that self destruction, and suicide is the answer. Thank you." She whispered, pressing her lips softly against his.

They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
Please stay, please stay as long as you need
Can't promise that things won't be broken
But I swear that I will never leave
Please stay forever with me

(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are
What my dreams are made of)

(It goes to show, I hope that you know that you are)
Please stay, please stay as long as you need
(What my dreams are made of)

(They say that love is forever
Your forever is all that I need
They say that love is forever)
Please stay forever with me

The two sat there, sitting on the large rock that overlooked the water. They watched as the waves rolled in, the way that the sun began to set after hours of pointless conversations that stayed interesting to the two.
It brought them both back to the days when they where in high school, when Skype calls where their main form of communication, before they actually met in real life. Before they ever seen how perfect the other was, before they where at this point.

"Hey Melissa, you know how much I love you right?" He whispered, looking over at the girl.

"Yes, yes Arcane, I know how much you love me. Because I feel the exact same way...why?" She whispered, looking over at the boy, who was currently taking in a deep, long breath.

"You're my everything, I promised I would stay with you forever, and I want to make that official." At this point he shifted until he was sitting on one knee, pulling a box out of his pocket grinning.

"Will you marry me?"
Sign up to rate and review this story