Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Snow

Chapter Nine

by aerithbunny 0 reviews

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Tohru,Yuki - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-04-20 - 1143 words - Complete

0Unrated
Snow

Disclaimer: I own nothing and make no profit from this fanfiction.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Chapter Nine: My Summer

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

The next day with Ayame there and fully better Hatori began to work with Akito more, making sure he'd be alright, but his health was fading. Hatori of course wanted Akito to live and be happy, they all wanted that. Which was why he was surprised to see Tohru show up. She came with Yuki at her side in fact.

"I want to speak with Akito." she said.

Hatori was unsure but lead her in anyway, there stood Akito looking down very defeated.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

Yuki was standing next to Hatori in the corner, Ayame next to them was sitting in a chair due to his recovering state.

"I wanted to ask you something." spoke Tohru.

Akito nodded. "I know it didn't change anything when I came here and said what I did to you. That I was sorry you were going to die. But I wanted to ask you, what is your dying wish? What can we do for you now?" she asked.

"You ask me this now?" asked Akito actually confused.

Tohru nodded. "I know we haven't always seen eye to eye. And you've lashed out because you're hurt by your own fate. But what is it you want?" asked Tohru.

"What I want doesn't matter." spoke Akito.

Tohru stood up and looked at Akito then in the eyes, a determined look on her face. "Yes it does. It does matter. We all care about you a great deal. Even now after everything can't you see we're all going to be very sad when you die!? Let us do something for you." spoke Tohru.

"Like what!?" exclaimed Akito.

Tohru shrunk back and Akito sighed. "It's not like you can cure this." he spoke.

"But to be trapped here like you are...what about I dunno? Fun?" asked Tohru.

Akito looked at her like she was crazy and Tohru smiled. "I know you don't have much time, you may not want to spend it with someone like me. But I'm asking if maybe you would join me on a day out." she spoke.

Akito looked apprehensive but took her hand as she lead them to the car, and so the odd bunch went into Hatori's car, he drove of course, Akito, Ayame, Yuki, and Tohru in the car with him. They made their way to an amusement park of all places. They began to walk around, the day was nice actually and Tohru of course bought Akito an ice cream, at first Akito was very apprehensive, but as the day wore on and Tohru and Yuki held hands while she showed Akito the rides and they laughed, and they ignored Akito's health problems. In that moment Akito looked healthier then ever before. Hatori wad actually astonished to see Akito smiling like that.

"Thank you miss Tohru Honda." spoke Akito.

Tohru blushed. "Oh, no need to thank me, really!" she exclaimed modestly.

Akito nodded and sighed. "Maybe if I could spend every day like this, every day laughing and smiling, it might be better then always seeking vengeance." spoke Akito.

Tohru nodded and Ayame looked to Hatori and sighed. "'Tori I'm sorry for blowing up the other day and causing you trouble." he spoke.

Hatori sighed and nodded looking at Ayame cautiously. "Ayame tell me why, why did you blow up?" asked Hatori.

Ayame sighed and smiled a little nervously for once in his life as he put his hands together and turned around looking away from Hatori as he looked down and began to speak.

"Do you know how long I have loved you Hatori?" he asked the other carefully.

Once again it was like Hatori had been punched, all the air had left him. He looked at Ayame with a pale look and Ayame began to speak again.

"I think it started when we were teenagers, you of course never noticed. You're the only one who can ever seem to get me to shut up. I'm usually a loud mouth and speak with instigations a lot, but around you I tend to actually get things. And then you met her, Kana." spoke Ayame.

"What about her?" asked Hatori.

"I was happy for you, but jealous of her. I have to say, she made my blood boil at times. I wanted you to be happier then she could ever be when she got married. The reason I said those words were actually selfish reasons. You see Hatori, I have pined after you for years. She was like spring right? But I am summer, always have been. Outgoing and sometimes off putting, I am confident and strong in most ways, you know this. I am to be admired in many ways. But when it came to you, I always feel myself falter." spoke Ayame.

"Why?" asked Hatori.

"Because you are my love, my first love and last." spoke Ayame.

Hatori hadn't even seen it, how long had he been ignorant of what Ayame truly felt? This man had loved him for so long, but Ayame had never been in love, truly happy in love, had he? Hatori couldn't help but question his own sanity as he grabbed Ayame's shoulder, Ayame looked at him in shock.

"I am happy Ayame. And not just because you told me this. Yes that spring will never melt away, but perhaps this summer should begin finally." he spoke.

Ayame's eyes went wide as Hatori leaned in kissing him, Yuki made a face and Tohru blushed. "Oh my!" she spoke her hands on her face.

Akito of course watched with mild fascination and then actually laughed at Yuki's face.

"You look like you saw Ayame naked." he spoke.

Yuki's face turned even more pale and Tohru freaked out of course, but she was glad Akito was actually joking around. Ayame broke the kiss and Hatori pulled him close, they felt their curses breaking, it was lifting from them all, Akito was finally happy and with the god happy their curse was broken. Hatori didn't know what he was getting into, but Ayame was his. And perhaps he'd never thought of being with a man before, but with Ayame it did make the most sense. They drove back and Tohru and Yuki said goodbye to Akito, but Akito knew what he had to do then was get out more, have more fun. Tohru had finally made him see the light, and he wouldn't go back to the darkness. Hatori dropped Ayame off at his shop and kissed the top of his hand.

"I'll see you soon." he spoke.

Ayame smiled and went inside, floating like a butterfly practically, he did of course tell Min'e the good news as he went to the back to prepare more orders.

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

Author: Reviews Please
Sign up to rate and review this story