Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Hills

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kato's mother tries to talk to him at three in the morning.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-04-21 - 359 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hills

There were times when I woke up in the early morning before the sun rises. I lay there on my futon, staring at the ceiling. I didn't know why I do this. Maybe I was trying to erase everything from my mind. Maybe I was trying to think of something new. The answer had yet to come to me.

I lay there and floated away in my head.

Suddenly, my bedroom door slid open. I looked up and see my Mother staring at me with big eyes. I didn't know if another storm was coming or not.

"Mother?" I asked. She stood there looking as stable as she let herself appear to be. I think her medication was wearing off. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Her hand trembled as she gripped on the door frame. I blinked.

"Mother, it's three in the morning. What's wrong?" I asked. She tried to speak again, but her voice cracked into squeaks. It's as if she learning how to talk, but can't quite get it. The words were just stuck in her mouth. I sat up on my futon.

"Talk to me," I said in a calm voice. "What do you want? Is it what you tried to tell me months back? What is on your mind? I can't help you if you won't talk to me." She drew her mouth closed. I watched as her hand let go of the frame. As if in a daze, she walked forward to my futon. Mother collapsed onto the futon and broke down into tears. She wailed aloud against my damp, cotton sheets. The cloth muzzled her cries, but I knew that she was torn up so badly from the inside and didn't know how to fix herself. All she could do was struggle with everything until something did manage to come out. I reached forward and put my hand to her head.

"Shhh, it's okay now," I whispered. "You're here with me now. Just take your time with the truth." My mother continued weeping. She really wanted to tell me something. I wished I could figure out what.
Sign up to rate and review this story