Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Lost Friend

Chapter 5

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-04-22 - 4192 words

1Original
Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling, Pokemon to WB and Nintendo, and Ranma 1/2 to Rumiko Takahashi.

A Lost Friend

By: USA Tiger

Author note: Yes, yes, I know it's been a while but life ganged up on me. I've been having car troubles, my department at work has been having troubles, so it's hard to find time to work on my stories. But I haven’t stop writing and I will finish this story, it might just be sometime between the chapters.

Chapter 5

'Arrggg, how did I change shapes while in this form!?!' Harry thought in frustration to himself, trying again and again to change into the strange creature he had taken the form of over an hour ago. But so far, he had yet to change into anything else. The mew shaped wizard was hanging upside down in front of Ryoga who sat Indian style in front of his tent.

"Ok, so what were you thinking about when you changed?" Ryoga asked, trying to be helpful. The feline shape wizard sighed, a mushroom shape cloud escaping from Harry's mouth, before he moved himself right side up in the air, little arms crossed over his chest.

/'Let's see... I was thinking about being strong and being able to fight like him and his other friends,' /Harry's mind started to drift again, thoughts running in circles. He never noticed as his small form started to softly glow again and began to change shape like before. Ryoga watched with wide dark eyes as his friend suddenly became larger and with another started "Machop!” Harry fell to the ground, landing in a crouch.

"Ma.. machop?" Harry looked down at his hands, flexing them, before looking over his from. "Chop, machop!" He pumped his arm into the air in excitement as he finally changed again.

"Wow" Ryoga said quietly, watching as Harry moved around in his new form. It was packed full of muscles and had a fighters build.

"Machop," Harry said in agreement, glowing again to change back into his Mew from then back to the 'Machop' a couple of times to make sure he had the whole new transformation move down. "That was.... so cool!" Harry chirped as he changed back into human.

"It was," Ryoga agreed with a nod, and couldn't help but wish that he could do something like that when he was in his cursed pig form. It would make his life so much easier. But, as such, it wasn't to be and Ryoga knew it. He couldn't even achieve his own Animagus form, he had tried several times. He had finally came across a wizard who was a Transfiguration master who had, after scanning his real and cursed from, had told him the dark magic centered around his cursed from interfered with his ability to change.

"I wonder what else I could change into. Can I do with it without changing into a Mew?" Harry questioned himself softly as he sat beside Ryoga on the ground, green eyes shining. His animal form might not be magical, but it had some very cool abilities. "I wonder what else I can do as a Mew."

"The only way to know is to keep trying and to train yourself," Ryoga said, arms crossed over his chest and bent his head slightly. His bangs covered his face, peeking through the dark hairs at the younger boy with dark green eyes. Ryoga was happy for his friend; the British boy was so happy looking and seemed full of energy. After everything that happened to him in his life, Ryoga knew moments like this was rare for the other teen.

Meanwhile, Harry was still musing over his alternate form, wondering just what it could do. Every day, it seemed that he found some sort of new power that came from it.

**

The next day, Harry stood deep in the wooded area of part in Nerima, having already cast wards to keep muggles away. Afterward, Harry changed into his Mew from and hovered above the small pond in the middle of the forest. He turned and twisted in the air before landing on the edge. Green eyes closed and he thought about what he could change into next. He thought about the stag his father James turned into, large and graceful with a full rack of antlers. He got excited as he felt his from changed, quickly looking into the water to see how it went.

'... Well... That wasn't quite what I was going for,' Harry thought, turning his head left then right to take in the form he changed into. It was deer like but... it looked very different from a stag deer as well. He had a rack of antlers but there was a large black orb between two of the points. His from was a lot more rounded that a deer as well, with a long, large black snout. "Stantler..." (1)

'And I can talk like this.... sorta,' Harry thought with a shake of his head. 'Alright, let's try something else...'

This time Harry thought of Sirius's from, a big black dog connected to death. The wizard felt himself shrink and when he opened his eyes to look into the water he sighed as he saw it was close once again but not quite the animal he was thinking of. This time he was about the size and shape of a Doberman Pincher but without ears. Instead of ears, he had a pair of ivory white horns curling back over his head.

Harry also had what appeared to be three bones across his back, one circling his neck with the points meeting at a small skull at the front of his neck and a pair of bones circled around his legs like bracelets and a long spaded tail. It wasn't quite the grim he was going for. Harry changed back into a human and sat down beside the pond in thought.

"Ok, every time I try to change into another animal, I can't turn into that animal per say but something close to it. So, my Mew from can't take up the forms of magical and non-magical animals but ones that are close in from to the strange group of animals it is from, at least so far. This is confusing," Harry groaned as he rubbed his forehead.

"It's still a lot better than the curses we have, and at least you can go back to being a human without the use of hot water," Harry scrambled up off the ground, wand out in his hand and pointed it at Ranma who had startled him.

"Don't do that, I could have hexed you," Harry said as he lowered his hand. "When did you get here anyway?"

"Oh, I followed you," Ranma said with a shrug. "I saw ya leave the Amazon's place with a look on your face that screams 'I'm going to train'."

"That doesn't explain why you were spying on me," Harry pointed out, moving to sit back on the ground. He frowned to himself as he wondered how Ranma got past his muggle repealing wards, figuring that he didn't cast them right.

"I wanted to see what you were doing in case I ever needed to counter it," Ranma said, slowly coming over to sit beside Harry, he still found the idea that the small teen wasn't here because of him in anyway, but because of Ryoga, hard to accept after all the weird things that had happen to him over the last year or so.

"Why in the name of Merlin would you need to know that?" Harry asked, turning his head to look at Ranma. "It's not like I'm ever going to fight you for any reason."

"Yeah, that's what everyone keeps tellin' me but after all the crap that's been goin' on since I came to Nerima, I wouldn't be surprised," Ranma said, arms crossed over his chest as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Ryoga and Shampoo told me a bit of that, but I fail to see why I would be any sort of threat to you," Harry shook his head. Hands down Harry was quite sure Ranma would win in any sort of fight unless the wizard was luckily to get off a spell that would stop in the other in time, Ranma was just too fast for him. For Harry, it was easy proof that magic wasn't the answer to everything. "I have to go back in England before the summers out, so it's not like you have to put up with me for long."

It had finally gotten through Ranma's thick skull that he was likely being unfair to Harry. The younger boy had done nothing to him or given any indication that he would be attacking Ranma at any time. Nor had Harry helped Shampoo and Cologne with getting him to marry the purple haired Chinese female. Nor had he helped Ryoga in training to allow him finally beat Ranma in one of their fights.

Hell, Ryoga still hadn't used magic in their fights at all though he had mentioned at one time there was plenty of offensive spells. If Ranma hadn't seen the fanged teen use a spell or two since Harry had shown up, he wouldn't have believed his rival/friend was a wizard himself.

"Alright, I guess you have a point," Ranma finally said, sighing softly. "So what was you doin' anyway?" He had watched as Harry changed into that... that... c-cat looking creature then proceeded to change into two other animals that looked like a deer and dog each.

"It seems to be a new ability my Animagus from can do. So far I seem to have telekinetic powers and I was able to teleport myself once," Harry explained softly, he hoped maybe talking to Ranma about his new.... transformation ability would help him figure it out. "I wanted to change into a Stag like my Dad was able to or a grim like dog like Siri but it didn't come out quite like I hoped it would."

"So, maybe you can't change into regular animals," Ranma said with a shrug. "At least you have control over what you change into, don't have to worry about cold or hot water hitting you at the worse times."

"I don't see what that has to do with anything," Harry said with a frown. "Still, I wonder how many different forms I can take on."

"Guess you won't know until you change into these creatures," Ranma said, not really concerned about it. As long as Harry didn't change into a full cat, it wasn't going to bother him a bit. Harry hummed softly in agreement, still looking out over the lake. The smaller teen suddenly sat up straight and changed again, diving into the water and making a huge splash in the process. Ranma, having no warning of what Harry was going to do, was caught in the wave of cold water and changed into a shorter, busty red headed female form.

"Hey! What's the big idea!?!" Ranma yelled, taking off her shirt and ringing the water out of it. She glared in the direction of the pond, wondering what had gotten into the foreign boy. A few minutes later, a pink bubble rose from the water, a mewish Harry trapped inside. In his paws was a shiny object that Ranma was too freaked out over the cat-like animal Harry had changed into to see what it was.

"Mewwww," The bubble burst with a loud pop and Harry floated over back to land. Ranma quickly backed away, stammering `g-g-get away! ` until Harry changed back into a human.

"What in Merlin's name are you doing?" He asked as he watched Ranma quickly get herself back under control.

"Look, I don't like c-cats alright! They’re evil little monsters!" Ranma said hotly, defending herself. "Why didja jump into tha water anyway? And how the hell did you kept from getting wet?"

"I don't know, I saw the sun shining off of something shiny and I felt I had to get it," Harry looked down at the object in his hand, it was a sliver looking pin that was shaped like a pair of cherries. Having in his hand now, Harry had no idea why he dived to get it, only that it looked... fun to play with. "Oh, I'm not wet... because I somehow made that bubble thing around me, I'm just not sure how." Harry looked up at Ranma, green eyes wide as he saw Ranma's exposed chest. "Merlin, put your shirt back on!"

"Well next time warn a guy before you go jumpin’ into some fucking cold water," Ranma said as she slipped her shirt back on. Harry breathed softly in relief as Ranma's large chest was out of sight again, though the silk shirt was still clinging to the red head in a few spots. The younger teen tucked the pin into his pocket next to his wand.

"Sorry, I just don't know what came over me," Harry said again, shrugging his shoulders after the pin was put up. The young wizard had a feeling it had to do with his mew form, Sirius acted like dog a little bit when he was human at times. Even McGonagall reminded Harry of her cat form when she was riled up and mad.

"Yeah, I'll let it go this time," Ranma said with a wave of her hand, finding a new place to sit that was dry. Harry found a spot by the older boy turned girl. The two teens sat in silence for several minutes, Ranma looking out over the pond while Harry drew random shapes into the dirt.

"What's it like?" Ranma asked quietly after a few minutes.

"What's what like?" Harry asked, looking over at Ranma.

"I dunno... using magic... being able to change from one form to another without havin’ to use hot or cold water?" Ranma sighed and turned to she was facing Harry. "I tried to ask P-chan but all he would tell me that it was a lot different from channeling chi. And that his curse stop any chance he had of doing what you was doing."

"What, becoming an Animagus?" Harry asked. He didn't know much about Ranma and the other's curses, other than it had happen in China and it was connected with water. Glancing over Ranma, Harry still felt sorry for drenching the boy-turned-girl, who was sitting there in damp clothing. Taking out his wand, he quietly casted a warming and drying spell on Ranma, who jumped in surprise.

"What was that?!" Ranma asked, looking down at her dry shirt and pants then reached up to feel her dried hair.

"I felt bad for getting you wet, so I casted a drying and warming spell on you," Harry explained, Ranma getting a curious look on her face.

"You think you could heat up some water for me to change back with?" She asked, not really wanting to trek back to the Tendo compound as a girl, not with Kuno and Happosai sniffing her out. Harry seemed to think about it for a moment then stood, picking up a fist size rock off the ground. While he wasn't the Transfiguration expert his father had been, Harry was able to make a stone cup out of the rock which he filled with water then used a heating charm on, which was a little easier for him.

"Try that," He said once a bit of steam was rising from the water, handing the stone cup to Ranma who proceed to dump it over her head. He sighed in relief as his body went back to its natural form, he had gotten use to the feel and balance of his girl from over the last year or so but it didn't mean he liked it.

"Much better," Ranma said happily, starting to think that Harry wasn't that bad of a kid after all as the wizard cast another drying spell on him.

*****

^Thank you for joining me sisters,^ Cologne said as she faced the three other Amazon elders who had answered her call to retrieve Sirius Black from beyond the veil. Brush, Curry, and Gel hadn't come by themselves either; Cologne looked with curiosity at the hood figure they had brought with them.

^I admit, we were a bit surprised when your summons came requesting help to retrieve a soul from the black void prison and not for helping your great-granddaughter snag her way-ward husband,^ Gel said, sipping the herbed tea that was served to them.

^My son-in-law is a bit troublesome, but I think perhaps my Shampoo is wearing him down. It would be better if that troublesome Mousse hadn't followed us to Japan or if Ranma's father didn't insist on engaging him to other girls,^ Cologne said.

^Why is that a problem? If the girls are strong, it will only strengthen our bloodlines as his other wives,^ Brush asked.

^Only one of the girls is proven that she would be a suitable second wife. One is very violent tempered and is capable of turning a simple meal into something that could kill you. Another suffers from insanity,^ Cologne said between taking puffs of her pipe. ^But, there is another here, a boy, who we might also peruse. The boy's magical ability and strength is very strong.^

^Surly you’re not speaking of the Hibiki boy?^ Curry said with a frown. ^The boy is strong, no doubt of that, and he has displayed a wide knowledge of various arts for fighting and magic. But his lack of direction is not something we need to mix into our bloodlines.^

^Fear not sisters, it isn't young Ryoga Hibiki I speak of. But instead a boy named Harry Potter. He comes from England,^ Cologne explained. ^It is his godfather I wish to retrieve from the void. If we manage in time, and bring the man back alive, it will help put the boy in our favor.^

^England? I suppose he goes to that magic school there... Pigpimples or something…^ Curry said with a huff.

^It's Hogwarts dear,^ Brush corrected. ^It is funny that you mention Harry Potter Sister Cologne.^

^How so?^ Cologne asked with a raised eyebrow.

^Our young companion here has been repeatedly asking for him,^ Brush said, nodding toward the hooded figure with them. ^In fact, it seems to be the only thing she can say. The guide told us that she is a owl that fell into the Spring of the Drowned Girl.^

^I believe that would be the fault of two of our young sisters,^ Gel said with a chuckle. ^I overheard Comb complaining to Deo that she never got the feathers from a snowy owl that she shot down as it landed in the cursed training grounds. It seemed she wanted to use the feathers to catch your Grandson Spice attention Curry~.^

^Bah, she can try but Spice plans on challenging Polish,^ Curry said with great amusement. ^A fine strong girl, they would have fine daughters if Spice manages to defeat her.^

^So where is this Harry boy then? I would like to see for myself his abilities with magic,^ Brush said, while Cologne did have knowledge of a range of spells she wasn’t much of a spell caster. Cologne’s area of expertise was potions; Brush on the other hand was the village’s spell mistress.

^He has taken to practicing a new ability he has discovered his Animagus from has when he is not spending time helping my Great Granddaughter here in the restaurant or spending time with the Hibiki boy,^ Cologne said, getting up to pogo on her staff to the window.

^Abilities? Animagus? How old is this boy and what does he change into that would have powers?^ Brush said, joining Cologne at the window.

^15 years, nearly 16 I believe,^ Cologne frowned as she didn't see Harry in the back like she hoped. ^He has taken form of a creature from South America, the Mew. So far he has discovered its power to fly, lift objects with his mind, teleport though he's only done that once so far, and to shapeshift. He is learning at a very rapid rate.^ She turned from the window and faced the other two Amazon elders, so she missed the sudden appearance of Mousse in his duck form being flung across the small yard, followed closely by a brown duck-like bird that wielded a stalk of leek like a sword and a purplish cat, both of which was beating the tar out of the glasses wearing duck. Brush on the other hand did not, watching with amusement.

***

'Stupid Ms Tsu!!!' Shampoo thought as she gave Mousse a swipe of her claws, the idiot just had to get into another fight with Harry, not for any other reason other than the tall Amazon male thought Harry was her Ranma... again! 'How many times have Great Grandmother and I told him to wear his glasses!!'

"Far'dfatch!" Harry yelled as he swung the leak stalk at Mousse, launching the cursed boy high into the air, giving Shampoo a chance to give him a kick to the stomach with a back paw.

The white duck sailed a final time into the trash cans that sat behind the restaurant, swirls in his eyes and several large bumps over the bird's body. The brown duck like creature that was Harry gave Mousse a look then nodded in satisfaction, form glowing for a moment as he changed back into the Mew.

'Stupid Duck-Boy, you can just lay there for the rest of the night and think about what you done!' Shampoo thought toward Mousse, arching her back and hissing loudly.

`I don't think he'll even learn` A voice, that sounded very much like Harry, said in her head, making the cat cursed girl stop in her tracks and stare at Harry. Harry never seemed to notice as he gave a final glare in Mousse’s direction before floating his way inside.

'Aiyah.... I need to tell Great Grandmother about this!' Shampoo thought as she raced inside and up the stairs, first heading for the bathroom where it was set up for Shampoo and Mousse to easily turn back into human, then toward the room where Cologne and the other Amazon elders were.

*****

"So nothing you've tried has worked?" Remus asked slumping down into the chair across from Albus.

"I'm sorry my dear boy. Not even Fawkes can seem to find young Harry," Albus said with a sigh.

"We have to find my cub Albus," Remus said softly, one hand pressed against his forehead. "He's all I have left of my pack... my family."

"Don't fret Remus," Albus said, standing from his own chair and walking being Remus's. "Fawkes not being able to fire travel to Harry gives us a clue."

"What do you mean?" Remus asked, trying not to get to hopeful but couldn't help the spark that sprung back to life.

"Where ever he is, he has to be surrounded by a great source of energy that is interfering with Fawkes magic. There are very few places in the world like that. Stone Hinge, a couple of places in both North and South America. Parts of Africa... and almost all of Japan," The older wizard explained softly.

"Why almost all of Japan?" Remus asked curiously.

"It's quite simple my dear boy, most of Japan deals with so many different powers and energy. You wouldn't believe the things I've heard about there," Albus said with an amused shake of his head. "Various groups of girls using magic to fight against 'demons' and 'monsters', super powerful Marital Artists, real demons, these creatures called 'Aliens' I believe is the word Muggles use. Not to mention the large Magical Community there"

"So... if He-who-must... alright Voldemort," Remus corrected himself at Albus's look, "doesn't have Harry, he must be in one of these places you mentioned."

"Yes, I believe so Remus... I believe so..." Albus sighed, he wished, where ever Harry Potter was, he would find some way of contacting them so they could retrieve the young man. 'Where are you my boy?'

****

End Author note: So Harry has discovered many of Mew's abilities. Levitation, Telekinesis, Teleport, Transform and lastly Telepathy, and he will discover other pokemon powers in both his Mew form and the forms he can take on in Transform.

Edit 6-17-16: Wasn’t too much I had to fix up here.

(1) In case anyone was wondering why I had Harry-mew turn into a Stantler instead of Sawsbuck when Sawsbuck looks a lot more like a real world stag the answer is simple. When this chapter was originally written, Black and White either hadn’t be announced yet or just been announced and they hadn’t revealed any of the new 5th gen Pokemon yet so I had no idea where was another deer-like Pokemon. So I had to go with the only deer-like Pokemon at the time and that was Stantler.
Sign up to rate and review this story