Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

18- Party

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 4 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-04-23 - 1452 words

2Insightful
“You look nice.” Jon commented from across the table. They were at a casual restaurant, waiting for their food to arrive.

Christian was wearing a loose fitting black shirt, which belonged to Jon as well as a pair of loose fitting jeans. She’d spent the whole day cleaning everything, including herself. Her skin was pink from being scrubbed raw. The shower was a good thinking spot, and she found herself thinking over a lot these days.

Jon watched Christian, unable to disguise his concern, and unwilling to. He wanted her to know that he cared. She had her hair drawn up in to a messy bun, and from his position he could see light marks upon her neck. They were obviously old, but that didn’t matter. Just because something had happened awhile ago, didn’t mean the person was healed and it was clear to Jon that Christian was far from healed.

But he was okay with that.

“Thank you.” Christian politely replied, right before taking a small sip of her drink. It was blue lemonade, in a fancy glass which she’d snapped a picture of seconds after it arrived at the table. Jon had laughed then, but now he felt so far away from laughing.

They had to talk, but neither of them were ready.

“I love this song.” Christian commented, glancing all around the restaurant. Everyone seemed deep in conversation, but not her and Jon. It felt a lot like an awkward first date, but Christian couldn’t force herself to break the ice since she’d been the one to land them in this position.

Jon nodded. “It’s a good song.”

Christian took another sip of her drink. “How was practice?”

The entire conversation felt forced so far, as neither of them brought up what really mattered. It was a struggle, and painful to take part in.

Jon wasn’t used to feeling ‘comfortable’ around Christian though, not in an easy way and that’s what he liked about her so this was no different. He was used to being placed in challenging positions, and found that he thought more deeply around Christian than he ever had before. She challenged him, and he liked it.

“It was mediocre.” Jon admitted. “We’ve all been a little preoccupied lately.”

“My fault.” Christian muttered.

Jon rolled his eyes. “How long are we going to do this?”

“Do what?” Christian asked, surprised.

“Act all guilty.” Jon blurted out. “Not to say that you’re pretending, but I don’t want to feel guilty about this, and I don’t want you to feel guilty, and I don’t want to spend the next year trying to sort through all of this misplaced guilt. Even if you messed up… what’s the point in dwelling on it? I don’t want to Christian. I want to move forward.”

Christian swallowed past her surprise, and forced herself to be honest. “But if I don’t feel guilty then it feels wrong. I feel wrong. I feel like I got away with cheating.”

“You didn’t.” Jon replied softly.

“Are you breaking up with me?” Christian blurted out, concern edging her words.

Jon wanted to immediately save her from that fear. He wanted to tell her it was a foolish idea, but he wasn’t so sure. “It hurts that you went back to Benjamin.” He carefully explained. “I don’t know how to feel about it.”

Christian nodded, letting her eyes fall to the drink in front of her. “I don’t love him Jon.”

“I believe that.” Jon replied. “But will you go back?”

Christian swallowed hard, feeling the threat of tears. She blinked them away. “I want to say no. It was a mistake. It really was a mistake Jon, but I-I don’t know. Before last night I would say no, without even thinking about it but… things change so fast.”

“Now you understand my dilemma.” Jon commented. “We’re together now, but that can change so fast. I’m afraid of losing you, and when you go back to him…” He paused, sighing loudly. “I’m not mad at you.”

“I think you are.” Christian replied, finally returning her gaze to Jon.

He nodded, as his lips curved up in to a smile. He chuckled. “I suppose you’re right. I am a little mad.”

“I’m mad at myself too.” Christian laughed. “But that would be guilt, now wouldn’t it?”

Jon nodded but at that moment their food arrived, cutting the conversation short and placing them back at the very awkward beginning.



**



“I’m kind of excited to see the new Evil Dead movie. Do you think you’re up for that after dinner? There is a late night showing.” Jon commented, as he took a bite of his steak.

Christian cringed, “Only if you’re prepared to remain in bed with me all night.”

“Where else would I go?” Jon asked, chuckling.

“The bathroom?” Christian asked, grinning. “I’m serious when I mean you have to stay in bed with me. I don’t want to wake up alone… with those images in my head.”

“Are you afraid?” Jon teased.

“Yeah.” Christian admitted. “If you found some old book, would you read from it? I know I would. I would most likely be the idiot in that movie that let out all the evil, and cursed us all.”

Jon chuckled. “I’d do it, yeah… and so would Brendon, and Ryan might. I’m not so sure Spencer would though. He tends to be the smartest.”

Christian nodded. “I like Spencer. He’s… grounded.”

“So is Ryan.” Jon replied. “Brendon has always kind of been the kid of the group.”

“And you’ve been the player?” Christian teasingly asked.

“You’ve been talking to Brendon too much.” Jon replied, though he was grinning.

“You know what I think would be fun?” Christian asked.

“What?” Jon was interested immediately.

“We should go out for drinks, like all of us… Anna, and your friends, just all of us.” Christian proposed.

Jon nodded. “That could be fun but…”

“But?”

“Anna kind of hates me.” Jon awkwardly blurted out.



**



“Is he mad at you?” Anna frowned, as she gazed in to the mirror, looking at Christian, who was standing beside her.

They were both perfecting their make up, as they got ready to go out clubbing with the guys. They were going to bar hop, and check out a few of the clubs in the city.

“I don’t know. Yeah, no, maybe.” Christian shrugged, frowning. “He has every right to be.”

“No.” Anna shook her head. “Let me talk to him… he doesn’t understand. You went because of me. I don’t want to mess up your relationship.”

“You barely approve of my relationship.” Christian replied, teasingly.

Anna smiled, shyly. “Okay, I was stupid! I know, I know! He’s a good guy, I know that now… I don’t want to mess up something good just because something bad happened to you.”

Christian nodded, though a frown fell on to her face. “I’m so afraid that I’m going to mess this up. I just can’t let go of Benjamin… or I just don’t know how to, I guess. It’s very confusing.”

“How about this?” Anna thought for a second. “Every time Benjamin contacts you, call me first. I’ll come over, and force you not to talk to him.”

Christian chuckled. “I can try that.”

“Good!” Anna turned to fully face Christian. “Now, let’s make you absolutely gorgeous for Jon tonight!”

Christian nervously gave her full fashion control.



**



Jon pulled up to the club, with Brendon freaking out in the passenger seat. Ryan and Spencer were in the backseat. Brendon was dancing to a song that was playing on the radio, but as Jon turned the car off… Brendon didn’t stop.

Ryan leaned forward, slapping the back of Brendon’s head.

Brendon glared at him. “I’m getting in the mood.”

“For?” Ryan inquired.

“Sex.” Brendon blurted out. “I want sex. They sell that here, I’m pretty sure.”

“And so…” Spencer rolled his eyes. “Who is bailing Brendon out of jail tonight?”



**



(This was kind of short, and filler-ish but it’s about time I updated! I’m so ready for the sad-ness in the story to STOP. I need a really fluffy, happy go lucky story right now. I’ve been feeling like writing happiness, and rainbows. I mean, I appreciate all the happy thoughts but come on… wrong writer here. I pretty much write gloom, with a forecast of more clouds, and dead leprechauns.)
Sign up to rate and review this story