Categories > Original > Romance

You Must Be The One

by girlsgeneration 2 reviews

An American guy who moved to South Korea along with his family find it hard to survive the craziness in his new school. But when he got into a fight with the most popular and beautiful girl in the ...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2013-04-27 - 1168 words

2Original
I grabbed my bag and rushed out of my class, SS1. Two eggs splashed across my back. As I run, I wondered what my mother would say if she found out that I've been thrown eggs, flour, sugar, salt and pepper flakes by my classmates on my first day of school.
With my bag hanging on my shoulders, I ran as fast as I could. I leaped off the stairs, four steps at a time and I didn't care if I broke my leg, as long as I had escaped from the lunatics in my new school, Korea Kent Foreign School.
My name is Darren Wilmers and I'm a twelveth grade senior if I'm still in California. I used to be the popular and cool guy in my school, but when I came to Korea with my family, things began to change. I've been bullied by most of the classmates in SS1. Even the students from SS2 and SS3 had joined in and started to make fun of me.
Korea Kent Foreign School is a top fee-paying private boarding school in Korea. The students there are mostly Korean, but there are Chinese, Japanese and I noticed an English girl a few days ago, maybe a junior or sophomore.
If I told my parents about the complete hell in school, they will make things bad by coming to my school and complaining to the principle, which is the last thing I want in my last year of school life. I'm no grasser, and I think that grasser is ranked lower than kids who wet their pants.
I think as I ran towards the boys' toilet, and locked myself in a cubicle. There are a few bruises visible where the two hard guys in my class, Yung Joon and Kim Bae-wook punched and pinched me. There are flour in my bag and egg yolks splattered on my shirt, but apart from that I'm mostly OK.
I opened my bag and search for any tissue paper which I can use to wipe the stains away, but when I open the zip, a stink hung in the air. I looked into it and found worms in it, along with riped kimchi and some sushi rolls.
I dumped my bag in the toilet bin and rushed out, full of hatred and anger. I wanted to beat the crap out of those guys. I didn't care about who they were or what I am right now. At least I'm a third-dan karate black belt and I can outnumber many of those retarded bullies.
While I was running up the stairs towards my class, I noticed the popular girl, Sandra Yoon Tae-hee leaning against the wall casually, as if waiting for somebody. She was involved in throwing eggs and I bet she was also involved with the worms in my bag, so I decided to give this stupid mindless girl a lesson before starting on the others.
I walked towards her and grabbed the collar of her uniform. She flung my hands away and I punched her in the neck, with a loud crack. She looked at me, full of hatred but judging from her good looks and fashion style, she has no martial arts knowledge at all.
Sandra spoke English really well. KKFS is a private school, and thus it provides full British education. All the books except Korean Language is brought in from England, and they teach us using Oxford University Press books.
She scowled at me and puts her hands on her hips. 'You want to die?'
I laughed at her funny scowling face and mocked her voice, 'Try killing me, bastard. See where it gets you.'
She gave me slight push, enough to send an ordinary boy flying down the stairs. But I'm no ordinary boy. I learned karate, judo and taekwondo since I was six years old. My parents trained me at a young age, and they sent me to learn a lot of foreign languages. I'm fluent in English, Chinese, Russian, Japanese and I'm basic in Korean, French, Spanish and Thai. My parents trained me because they wanted me to become a spy when I grow up next time. Yeah, they're very patriotic and they stated that I have the brains and balls to become a good spy.
I didn't flinch. Sandra tried once again, but this time I was ready. Sandra took a swing. I ducked out of the way, before bobbing up and planting a right jab square in her mouth. It was a nasty punch, but not the jawbreaker I could throw if I'd really wanted to.
Sandra broke down onto the floor, with her left hand holding her jaw. I could actually feel the pain, as I've experienced it once when I was eleven. My opponent, Mark Jones, was a big guy and he thumped my jaw and almost break my nose during the final battle of getting my brown belt exam.
She let out a big sob and sniffed once. After I threw the punch at her, I almost immediately regret it. What would people think of me if they found out that I had been fighting a girl? That would be so embarrassing and awkward, and will also bring shame to me and my family, and also my nation.
I sighed and squatted down beside her. 'I'm sorry, dude. I guess I was a little extreme on that.'
She sniffed again and seemed close to crying. I tried putting my arms around her but she pushed me away and silently mouthed, 'Your mom.'
I tutted and stood up again. 'Wait patiently for your police rescue then, slutty pig.'
She turned and face me, snarling furiously. 'What the hell was that, American **?'
I gave her the finger and she stood up angrily. I sneered, 'Fancy another punch again?'
She took a backward step when she heard that. She must be terrified, I thought. She let out a sob and sigh at the same time, and stared at me with the surrender looks. I grinned.
'Better warn your little friends before they got that same punch from me.'
She shaked her head. 'Those guys are psychos.' And she sniffed again.
'What?'
She shrugged. 'I hate their guts. They acted like tough guys and push people around, but when their parents came here for jumble sales event and Thanksgiving, they acted like a rat.'
I was confused. 'But you did help them to bully me.'
She smiled apologetically. 'If I don't, they'll start on me.'
I hummed my favorite tone and she stared at me. 'How'd you learn to fight?'
'Parents insisted.'
'You can easily kill someone with that strength and violence. And you almost kill me, monster.'
I grinned at the thought of me killing this beautiful, popular girl. I bet the whole school will burn me alive. She saw me laughing to myself and mouthed, 'Crazy bitch.'
Sign up to rate and review this story