Categories > Original > Romance > You're Already The Voice Inside My Head

Chapter Three.

by MCR-99 0 reviews

Coffee, and the two learn more about each other.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-05-01 - 1005 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three.

We walked into Mother Kelly's, and the man held the door open as I stepped inside and smelt the familiar fumes of coffee and some hot food. Not only was this a coffee shop, it was a really nice little cafe too. The man and I walked over to a small booth and I sat down, the man towering over me.

"So, what'll ya have?" He asked, with a sweet smile, like the waitresses in those resturants.

"Coffee, a venty chai please, and a sandwich, a ham sandwich." I smile back, and the man walked up and ordered, and I sat there and twiddled my thumbs. The man looked just like Danny, but, it couldn't be him, could it? Soon, the man came back, and set down the food and drinks. He'd ordered the same as me, venty chai, but with toast instead of a sandwich. I took a small sip of my drink, then began the conversation.

"So, I never learned your name." I say.

"It's Danny." He said, and my eyes widen. The voice in my head was Danny. But, there were loads of people called Danny, my Danny was called Danny Queen.

"Danny..?" I raised an eyebrow, stating I needed more than just a first name.

"Danny Queen." He introduced, and my eyes widened even more. It was true, the guy in my head, sat right in front of me.

"It really is you.." I whispered under my breath.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing." I laugh, and awkwardly take another sip of my drink. I decided, maybe he didn't remember me, so it was important to act normal around him.

"So, tell me a little bit about yourself." Danny said.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Um, why did you come here?" He asked.

"To study, at the Maryland School Of Arts. I'm officially starting there in the Fall." I say, and Danny raised an eyebrow.

"That isn't the reason why." He said. "You came here to get away from someone."

"Of course not." I lie.

"I don't know you, but I know you're a terrible liar, Sadie." He laughed.

"How did you know my name..?" Danny laughed again.

"That was all an act, pretending I didn't know you. It's me, the voice in your head, real in flesh and bones. I've been real, for only a few months, but I knew what I had to do now I'm real."

"And, what was that?" I ask.

"To live, and to get to know you better."

"Danny, you've been the voice in my head since I was thirteen years old." I laugh. "Don't you think you know me enough?"

"Yeah, but I wanna know the real you." He shuffled a little closer, and I shuffled away from him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just, it's too soon for me to love again." I say.

"Well, we can still be friends, right?"

"Yes." I say. "We can most definitely still be friends."

"Perfect." He smiles, and moves back to his original position.

We began to talk again, like friends, and I learned more about Danny. Since he became a real person, he's managed to get a place of his own, just a few blocks from me and Jazzy's place. I told him the real reasons why I moved to America, to get away from Robbie and start a brand new life. The time soon flew, and I noticed the sun setting, and I sprang from my seat.

"I should go, it's getting late." I grab my jacket, which, during the conversations we had, I had taken off, and make my way to the door, Danny followed suit.

"I'll walk you home, just as an act of kindness." We then walked from the small cafe and down the road, walking and talking some more. Soon we were outside the apartment, and I turned to face Danny.

"It's nice, actually seeing you for the first time, not just hearing you." I smile. "I had a lot of fun today."

"So did I." Danny smiles back. "Should I meet you again tomorrow, I'd love to take you to this nice art museum in town."

"Sure, but I have kids to look after."

"Bring them along, I wanna see where your life's gone during these eight years."

"Okay." I finally give in. "See you tomorrow, at, say, 10AM?"

"Ten AM it is." He smiled, and began walking down the road to his own place. I sigh, and made my way inside, and Jazzy was stood by the door, a smile on her face.

"Who was that?" She giggled, the little spy.

"Nobody.." I giggle too, flopping down on the couch, and Jazzy curled up next to me.

"You're a terrible liar, Sadie." She did the puppy-dog eyes again.

"Fine." I gave in, and Jazzy clapped her hands like an adorable five-year-old would after recieving a chocolate bar.

"So, you know how I had voices in my head, that one voice, Danny?" I asked her, and she nods. "Well, he is real, that's who the guy was."

Jazzy didn't speak for a moment, then started giggling. "So, the guy in your head, that was him? He looks cute."

"Hey, he's my voice-in-head-come-to-life guy!" I laugh. "Get your own!"

"I was joking!" Jazzy giggled, getting up from the couch to get a slice of pizza from the box that must've been sat there for a while before I came back, and she flopped back down, passing me the second slice she'd got, and I bit into it.

"Mm, good pizza." I smile, and we continued our girly chat, with chick flicks and all.

OKAY. I know I haven't updated in forever, I've just been busy with school, and my poems, and pretty much forgot about this fic until now. I will update more, I'll update on Saturday, I promise! Also, expect an update on Bulletproof Love either tomorrow or Friday, either way it's coming as soon as it can, guys. Rate and Review! xoxo Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story