Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Remember Me

by Hozzie 2 reviews

Gerard meets a familiar young woman in the airport who convinces him not to catch his flight. But why does she seem so familiar? ONESHOT

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-05-10 - 1137 words

0Unrated
[A/N] - I know that not all my facts are right with this but it's FanFiction so yeah :3 Hope you like it either way ;L




"Dude, it's only a five hour drive-"

"Yeah and only a two hour plane ride." Gerard replied down his phone to his brother Mikey "Look, I know you're not keen on flying so you've decided to drive. But being stuck in a car for five fucking hours... I'm not in the mood for it."

"Alright. Fine." Mikey sighed "I'll see you there then." He swallowed "Gerard... Are you okay?"

Gerard paused before saying "Yeah I am."

"It's just, I know how close you and Grandma were and-"

"Mikey, this is hard enough already and I don't think I wanna talk about it right now. If that's okay with you?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Mikey sighed again "Alright. See you later."

"Bye Mikes." Gerard hung up the phone and sat down on a bench. He shoved his mobile back into his pocket and pulled out a small black sketch book. His eyes were filling up with tears with what had happened...

He was flying out to New Jersey to attend his Grandmother's funeral. Gerard and his Grandmother Helena had always been close but just recently he hadn't had the time to fly over and see her. His wife Lyn-z had given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Bandit and he'd been spending a lot of time with them recently. He recieved the news of Helena's death last week. Lyn-z had asked if he wanted her to come with him but Gerard had said no. Lately he'd mostly stayed in his studio drawing pictures and on the rare occassions he did come out, he hardly spoke. The small conversation with Mikey he'd just had was probably the longest one he'd had since hearing the news.

As he drew a picture of Bandit, he barely noticed a young woman sitting down next to him. He didn't notice until the woman asked "Is that your daughter?"

Gerard looked up and noticed immediately how beautiful this woman was. She had curly blonde hair, pale white skin and a beautiful dainty smile. Gerard nodded his head and the woman smiled "She's beautiful. She looks just like you."

Gerard smiled a little and looked back down at the picture "She looks more like my wife in real life I reckon."

"No, I really think she has your eyes." The woman smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear "So... Where are you headed?"

"New Jersey." Gerard replied, starting to feel really awkward. He shut his sketch book and shoved it back in his bag. He considered getting up to go and buy a coffee or something to escape this woman but he didn't know how to do it without seeming rude. And anyway, he had a feeling that he knew this woman from somewhere... She was certainly acting like she knew him.

"New Jersey, huh?" The woman was still smiling "Is that where you live or are you just visiting?"

"Well, I used to live there." Gerard ran his fingers through his hair "I'm umm just visiting. I'm attending a funeral actually."

"I'm so sorry." The woman said, her smile disappearing. She didn't look angry or upset. Just calm "Gerard... I need to tell you something." Gerard's eyes widened and he opened his mouth but the woman interupted him "You can't get this flight. Please, take the train or drive to New Jersey or something."

"Why- Who even are-"

"Please just trust me." The woman whispered "And you should've invited your wife to come with you. You could use the company and a shoulder to cry on. Trust me."

Gerard opened his mouth to say something but the woman stood up and walked away. He was shell-shocked for a moment before getting up and running after her. He ran outside and looked around. There was no sign of the woman anywhere.

For a moment Gerard just stood there wondering what to do. Who was that woman? What was she talking about? And how did she know his name?

"Probably just some strange fan." Gerard whispered to himself, turning around to go back into the airport.





"What made you change your mind?" Lyn-z asked. She was sitting in the passengers seat of Gerard's Honda Civic while Bandit burbled away in the back seat.

"I don't know, I just had a bad feeling I guess." Gerard replied, not wanting to tell her about the woman he'd met in the airport "Lyn... Thanks for being there for me. I know I haven't exactly been easy this past week-"

"Hey." Lyn-z said, putting her hand on his knee "You've been through a lot Gerard. And I promise everything will be okay."

Gerard looked at her and smiled "Thanks."




He made it to his Mom's house five hours later. Mikey and his wife Alicia were already there "I just can't believe this has happened." His Mother, Donna, kept sobbing "She seemed so healthy... It was so sudden."

"It's gonna be okay Mom. Grandma's in a better place now." Mikey said comfortingly, putting his arms around his Mom.

"If you need help with anything then just tell us. We're here for you." Gerard told her.

"Well, there is one thing you could do." Donna sniffled "I've been meaning to look through her old photo albums. For memories sake, you know. But I can't do it alone. Gerard, do you think you could run into my bedroom and fetch the albums off the bed please? So we could look at them together?"

"Of course Mom." Gerard smiled bravely at her and made his way up the stairs into his Mom's room. There were three photo albums laid out across the bed made out of brown crackled leather. He picked one up and smiled to himself. Gerard knew that he would always miss her but at least he had the amazing memories of her with him. He turned the album open to the first page and nearly dropped the book. On the first page, there was a black-and-white photo of the woman he'd met at the airport... How could that even-

"Gerard!" Lyn-z yelled from downstairs "Come and see this!"

Gerard put the photo album down and ran downstairs back into the living room. The TV was switched on to the news. There was a photograph of a devestating airplane crash and the announcer read out "Flight 12 to New Jersey crashed unexpectedly this morning. Police suspect-"

"If you had got on that flight Gerard, you wouldn't be here right now." Lyn-z said, her eyes wide with shock as she wrapped her arms around him tightly "I'm so glad you had a bad feeling about it..."




What did you think? R&R please?
Sign up to rate and review this story