Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sleep Death, My Love

Chapter Ten

by DeJaSins 2 reviews

Our Fury...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-05-11 - 1375 words

0Unrated
Mikey’s Point of View


We hadn’t even gotten past the gates of the mansion, still one could tell that something had transpired. The air itself seemed sinister and the building appeared almost threatening. As we all climbed out of the bus, my eyes immediately latched onto my bedroom window, in search for her. Yet they found nothing. Normally such findings would put me at ease, today however, the lack of her presence seemed even more terrifying than if she were staring directly at me.
The inside of the mansion was none the better, with temperatures so cold one’s breath was literally visible. Then of course, there is the sound of moans and groans that seem to be seeping from every room in the hall.
And there’s the lack of Frank’s presence as well.

“W-w-w-what the h-hell d-d-d-did he d-do? B-break the d-damn t-t-thermostat or something?” Ray questioned through chattering teeth as he pulled his jacket taut about his body.
“The better question, is where the hell is he?” Gerard stated, as he took flight up the stairs, shouting Frank’s name as Ray and Bob spread out amongst the lower levels of the mansion doing the same. I alone stayed frozen in the foyer, shaking violently at the extreme cold and my extreme fear. Every fiber in my body commands me turn around. To forsake everything and leave this god forsaken place while I’ve still time. But I cannot simply abandon them. I have to concentrate on getting us all out of here, no matter the costs.




Gerard’s Point Of View



“I found him! He’s in Mikey’s room!” I yell to the guys downstairs as I kneel beside the unmoving frank, noticing the bloody claw marks on his neck. I roll him onto his back and check his vital signs, releasing a small sigh of relief after I feel a steady pulse.
“Is he alright?” Ray asks from the doorway, slightly out of breath and with Bob charging up the stairs behind him. I nod slightly and swallow hard. “He’s fine, just unconscious”
“And no wonder” Ray says as he walks into the room.
“No wonder what?”I ask from my place on the floor. Ray continues to approach Mikey’s bed, carefully avoiding a toppled chair, then leans down and picks up…
Humph! Well no wonder indeed.
“Wake up!” I say as I slap Frank in the face, partly out of concern, but mostly anger. He pulls his eyes open and blinks a few times with a look of confusion that dissipates in seconds into absolute fear.
“Oh God, where is she?!” Frank screamed as he scurried backward on the hardwood floor until his back met with the footboard of Mikey’s bed.
“What the hell are you talking about?” I snapped at him.
“That! That woman! She was standing right there! In the corner!” He howled as he pointed frantically to a corner of the bedroom. The same corner Mikey pointed to on our first night.

“She was standing right there and she was bleeding!”
“Stop it” I whispered softly as I stared at the floor, hands balling into a twitching fist.
“And her eyes were all white!”
“Stop It!”
“And she was crying! And-”
“I Said Fucking STOP IT!” I screamed, silencing his paranoid ramblings as he stared at me with wide, maniac eyes.
“Gerard, I-“
“You did EXACTLY what you fucking promised you wouldn’t do!” I shouted. My blood was boiling. Frank is prone to pull stupid tricks and do shit that pisses people off, but even he ought to know when a line has been drawn. I glared at Frank, my face burning with anger and resentment.
“I. I know I did, Gerard. But I-”
“But nothing!” I interrupted. “You promised us, Frank! You promised Mikey, that you would quit with this fucking haunted house shit!” I screamed as I stood and turned to Ray, snatching the Ouija board out of his hands. “And yet here we are,” I say as I swivel back towards Frank and shove the board in his face, “and you’re fucking around with this shit!”I yell, slamming the board on the floor.
Frank didn’t move, he just stared at the board that lies on the floor before him. I watch him and wait for some smart remark or for him to bombard me with excuses. I stood in wait to burn every last one of them.
“Gerard, I. I know what I said. And I’m sorry. Mikey was right” he whispered. His words caused my eyebrow to rise in surprise. I expected him stand up and defend himself, not to simply take it. To do so is unlike him in every way.
Leaning his head back against the footboard of Mikey’s bed, he sat in silence for a moment until he looked up at me and whispered
“She’s real.”
“What?!” I snarled. He got to his feet and while looking me dead in the eye he said it again.
“Daisy. She’s real. I. I made contact with her”
“Oh stop with your fucking bullshit!”
“It’s not bullshit!” He yelled back. “I mean, I. I saw her. And felt her. She kept saying she was sorry”
“Not this again!” I moan as I throw my head back and cover my face with my hand.
“It’s true!” Frank exclaimed as he pushed pass me and walked over to Mikey’s nightstand. “It’s true and I caught it all on tape!” he said as he picked up Mikey’s camera. I couldn’t explain the rage I felt pour over me at that moment, but I could feel my fingernails slicing into my skin as my right hand balled into a fist. My eyes narrowed into mere slits as I held my left hand out to Frank.
“Give it to me” I demanded, my voice quiet and yet uncontrollably dark and menacing. Frank silently handed the camcorder over without hesitation, but there was a glimpse of fear in his eyes.
Fear of what? Of me?
I snatch the camera from his hands and turn my back on him. Good. If he’s scared of me then that’s what he deserves. If fear is what it takes to put some sense into him, into everyone in this house, then I’ll gladly treat him this way every single day until our last minute in this damned mansion.
I look up at the doorway and notice that both Bob and Ray have parted to give more than enough room for passage, and they wear looks of surprise and confusion on their faces. I look back at Frank who is staring at the floor with his teeth and fists clenched. I feel a small wave of guilt rush over me, cooling the fire of anger that had besieged me, but I hurry out of the room all the same.

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

In the safety of my room I toss the camera onto the bed then allow my body to collapse beside it. While creating shapes in the pebbly ceiling, I allowed my mind to wander. Frank was there in the room when Mikey gave a description of what he saw on our first night here, so it’s not impossible that he’s merely copying Mikey’s original description. But. There was so much terror in his eyes. Genuine terror. Even if Frank could copy the description, I doubt he could match Mikey’s reaction of horror as perfectly as he did.
I pick up the camera and lift it up in the air so that it’s towering over me.
What if he did catch something on this camera?
I stare at the camera for a few moments longer before pressing the rewind button and waiting patiently as the tape rewound to the beginning, signifying its stop with a soft click. I place my thumb over the play button, but I do not press down. Instead I stare at the angel on my wall with the forlorn face.
“I hate you” I whisper to the portrait as I drop the camera and curl into a ball, falling quickly into unconsciousness.
Sign up to rate and review this story