Categories > Original > Romance

If These Sheets Were States

by HatedEyes 4 reviews

Serious fluff. || Yeah, Ash is pretty fucking happy she proposed at an All Time Low concert.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-12 - Updated: 2013-05-12 - 1774 words

1Ambiance
If These Sheets Were States


The deafening pound of the music in her ears, her body covered in a light sheen of sweat, yeah, Ash is fucking loving this. Looking over at her girlfriend - well, soon to become fiancé - with an adoring smile, she turns her head to the stage.

"HEY!" Alexander William Gaskarth screams, and yeah, despite being almost-engaged, Ash still thinks she'd fuck the older man with no regrets. Same with everyone in that band, really.

"Now, this song's a little romantic, this one goes out to all you long-distance lovers!" Alex's voice raised slightly in pitch as he yells into the microphone.

Those words remind Ash of their whole relationship - it started when she was 14 and Sam was 15. Ash was 19 now, Sam was 20. It was crazy to think that the girls had been dating for five years, and living together for one. Ash knew that Sam was The One, she adored the girl with every ounce of her being. Every time they touched, it seemed like sparks still erupted. It was crazy, and amazing, and beautiful.

The chords of If These Sheets Were States fill the pulsing arena, and Ash just laughs slightly, singing along to the song she dedicated to Sam five years ago.

"Sam?" Ash asks, and holy shit, is she full of nerves.

"Yeah, baby?"

"You mean the world to me, and I never want to let you go. You're the most amazing girl I have ever known. You make me smile when I think it's impossible, you've made me so fucking happy over the past five years. And, uh, I want to know, - "

"HOLY FUCK, HOLD UP! HOLD THE FUCK UP!" This time, it's Jack that screams into the microphone, his eyes locking on Ash, who's kind of on one knee.

"ARE YOU PROPOSING TO HER?!" Jack asks.

Ash nods.

"Security! GET THOSE GIRLS ON STAGE!" Alex calls, and two security guards are shepherding them towards the stage door, and Ash is seriously wondering 'what the fuck is going on here'. But when she and Sam are up on stage, Ash's knees pointing slightly (a whole fucking lot) in a Mikey Way-esque style, she knows.

"What're your names?" Alex asks, shooting the girls a friendly smile and seriously, can Ash tackle this bitch down and ride his cock, there and now.

"A-Ash, and Sam." Ash manages to stutter out, eyes still locked on Alex as he strides forward, arm wrapping round her slender shoulders and it takes everything in her not to jump on him and fuck him. Dear Lord.

"Ladies and fucking gentleman, in my many years of playing concerts, I have never seen something like this!" He grins slightly, and he plants a quick kiss to Ash's cheek, before pulling away.

"Proceed," he nods, and Ash gets back down on one knee to say the speech she has mesmerized.

"You mean the world to me, and I never want to let you go. You're the most amazing girl I have ever known. You make me smile when I think it's impossible, you've made me so fucking happy over the past five years. And, uh, I want to know, - "

Jack drops his guitar. Ash shoots him a withering glare, before finishing off her sentence.

"Will you marry me?"

Sam just nods, too choked up with tears to say anything.

"Would you mind if I did something, quickly?" She asks, Sam nods, and Ash just runs up and kisses Alex full on the lips, and the frontman doesn't really know what to do but kiss back.

"I've wanted to do that since I was thirteen, thank you sir!" She crows, and Alex just laughs and hooks an arm round her waist. Ash watches Zack hug Sam close, wiping away her tears and kissing her hair.

"Hey, can you do one last thing for us?" Ash whispers to Alex, and he nods.

"Sam plays bass, and I sing. Can we play If These Sheets Were States with you guys? We got together over that song."

"Aw, totally! LISTEN UP!" Alex begins shouting into the microphone again, and Ash goes over to hug Jack, and totally not kiss him too, and the fucker has her up against the wall, tongue kind of down the girl's motherfucking throat before Alex makes a rather irritated 'tut' noise and Jack breaks away, blushing furiously, and it was that moment where you knew Jack was gonna get spanked later.

"Our two lovely ladies, Ash and Sam, are gonna play the song that they got together over - If These Sheets Were the fucking States!" He shoots a bright smile towards the audience before screaming at Flyzik to bring Ash out a microphone. Clutching the microphone, Ash allowed a smirk to cover her lips as she began to sing, and sing her fucking heart out, she did.

"I'm lost in empty pillow talk again,
Lost in empty pillow talk again.

This bed's an island made of feather down,
And I'm stuck here alone,
Little else but memories of you on memory foam.
Visions of a brighter love,
I'd kill for one more day,
To pull my thoughts and find the words to say.

If these sheets were the states,
And you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all,
Without you pressed up against me,
I settle for long distance calls,
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

This room's become a mausoleum,
Filled with relics of regret,
Paying dues to every moment wasted,
On words left unsaid.
Collisions of a finer love,
I'd kill for one more way,
To tell you how you make me better every day.

If these sheets were the states,
And you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all,
Without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long-distance calls,
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
Lost in empty pillow talk again.

If these sheets were the states,
And you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me,
Because I don't sleep at all,
Without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long-distance calls,
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
I settle for long-distance calls,
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again."


As the song draws to a close, Alex looks over at Ash with wide eyes, Zack grins widely at Sam and pulls her close, leaning down to whisper in her ear.

"Hot damn, girl, you can sing!"

"It's a talent," Ash laughs airily, secretly dying inside because holy shit he is amazing and hot and I kissed him and Jack Barakat made out with me and oh my god what is air.

"Seriously, Zack?! Does no one understand the concept of engagement here?!" Alex sounds frustrated, as Zack has Sam pinned up against a wall and all Ash can do is laugh. Alex, shaking his head, turns back to Ash with a sweet smile.

"How would you like to become part 5 and 6 of All Time Low?" And all Alex can do is smile like a motherfucking Cheshire Cat.

"YOU'RE FUCKING KIDDING ME, RIGHT?! SOMEONE SLAP ME SO I KNOW THIS IS REAL?!" Ash's brown eyes are blown wide.

"It's real, babygirl. Our voices sound pretty fucking good together."

"And we can make out more!" Jack comments, with a smirk. Alex just glares at him, and Ash actually hears him whisper 'boy is so getting spanked like shit tonight' and Ash is pretty sure it went into that little microphone that lets the crew hear what he needs and that somewhere, a horrified Matt Flyzik is ready to preach abstinence to All Time Low.

"Thank you so much," Ash is full on sobbing as she throws her arms round Alex, and all the frontman can do is hug her back, kiss her hair and whisper 'no, thank you'.

And yeah, Ash is really fucking happy that she proposed at an All Time Low concert.

After the show..

Alex has Jack pressed up against the wall, harshly muttering against his lips.

"Such a filthy fucking slut, making out with Ash. Don't you know she's engaged?" Alex hisses, biting on Jack's pouty lower lip as he tugs roughly at Jack's belt.

Give them five minutes, and Jack is sprawled over Alex's lap and is taking his spanks like a good little slut.

"Uh.. guys?" Sam mutters as she passes by them on her way to the kitchen. Everyone else is gone except Sam and Ash.

"Yeah?"

"Save it for the bedroom, ya losers."


LONGEST, MOST EMOTIONAL ONESHOT EVER.

True fact, I would love to make out with Alex Gaskarth. I would love to do that. I want to make out with every single member of All Time Low though. They're all perfect, though, so. -shrugs-

That makes me sound like I'm a slut. Fact: I have been called a slut in past. I hate it, it tears me down emotionally, yadda yadda yadda. Top priority is proposing to Sam at an ATL concert, though, and telling them how they saved my life. I make them a mental promise whenever I listen to Therapy or (judge me) The Reckless and The Brave. Therapy because, y'know. TRATB, because I'm reckless and I am brave, despite not seeming it. Te chorus does go 'Long live the reckless and the brave' and I'm kind of both so I'm determined to, well, live long.

Anyway, I'm going to go.

Also: Sadie, wait till I have inspiration for the smut scenes. And the next chapter of These Things I've Done. I don't write on autopilot, and I want my work to be amazing.

-Ash Alexx-Gaskarth. Because I can take my boyfriend and girlfriend's last names.

Okay, funny story there. When I was in hospital, my iPod lock screen was a picture of Alex Gaskarth, and the doctor asked if it was my boyfriend. I said yes, not only because having Alex Gaskarth as a boyfriend would be totally amazing and you'd never run out of bras, but because I was too doped up on morphine to explain the concept of "he's from my favorite band" and yeah.

Somewhere in ______ (not telling you guys the exact city I live in), a middle-aged Indian man thinks I'm dating the frontman for All Time Low.

Really going this time.
Sign up to rate and review this story