Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

You'll Never Take Me Alive

by iHeartGeeWay 2 reviews

A lament, to what was. *Rated R for language*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-05-25 - 315 words

1Insightful
Gerard:

Things are different now. I know that for sure.

Wether or not I like the difference is what I'm questioning.

I mean. On the one hand, I have more time to spend with Lindsey and Bandit now, and isn't that all I wanted when I was on tour all the time?

But the tavelling was fun.

And the rumours that I was fucking all my bandmates, even my own fucking brother, should pretty much grind to a standstill now. That'll be nice.

But then again, they probably won't.

I won't have to deal with asshole security guards and psychopathic teenage girls who actually think they have a shot with one of us any more. That'll be nice too.

But the fans are awesome, even the crazy ones.

It was time to give it up when it came to MCR. I know that. We had a good run - eleven years. Eleven years of making music, making people happy, with my best friends. The best eleven years of my life.

But maybe, just maybe, it's a good thing that we've all grown up and moved on. All good things have to end, right?

I can focus on my art now.

I get letters from the fans every day, begging us to reform. And it breaks my heart, it does. 'Cause I have to say no. MCR has had its time.

I get letters every day telling me how I've saved their lives. That breaks my heart too. These people, these kids, see me as some kind of superhero. I'm not, not really. I'm just your average mid-thirties guy from New Jersey.

I'm gonna miss it. The feeling of being on stage, thousands of people screaming your name, the lights, the music, the sweat, the tears, the singing. Everything. God it was beautiful.

But we picked the right time to end it.

I'm sure we did.
Sign up to rate and review this story