Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She Always Gets What She Wants

Chapter 30

by xFuRiEx 4 reviews

Will you look at that! An update!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2013-05-30 - 4856 words

0Unrated
“Frank, what… what are you doing?” Brittany giggled and gasped loudly. “No! Give it back!” she exclaimed as I removed her shirt in one swift movement.

“No way,” I grinned broadly, keeping said shirt out of her reach. “I like you shirtless.”

“That’s not fair,” the teen pouted, crossing her arms in front of her chest. “You’re still wearing yours.”

“I like wearing my shirt,” I smirked cheekily at her.

“But I don’t,” she whined petulantly.

I gasped dramatically. “Brittany Way, I am shocked! To objectify me like that. You really want me to walk around with nothing but my bare awesomeness?”

My eyes grew wide and I burst out laughing as she scowled and pushed me. Since I was already seated on the edge of the bed, I easily toppled over, arms flailing wildly and landed on the ground with a thud. I listened to the sounds of her climbing off the bed and walking around to the place where I was sprawled out on my back.

“I’ll be taking that now, thank you,” she stated, grabbing her shirt from my hands and putting it back on. “Come on,” she urged, gently poking my ribs with the tip of her shoe. “We’re going to be late.”

I laughed, rolling onto my side and sitting up. I lifted my arms for her to help me up. Brittany smiled sweetly, bending down and the next thing I knew, she was standing over me, holding my shirt.

“Turn around’s fair play, hun,” she smirked, turning around and leaving the room.

I’ll give her credit for being quick, I thought getting to my feet.

“Oh, that little bitch,” I whispered disgruntled, realizing that she still had my shirt which meant that I would have to leave the room without it and chances were that she would be waiting for me in the living room where the rest of the band and their respective others were.

“Fuck this,” I said out loud, making my way to her closet and opening the door. I dug around in search for something that might fit me and finally pulled out a grey hoodie with a white print on the front. “Now I know where my hoodie went,” I murmured, pulling the clothing item over my head and closing her closet doors.

When I entered the living room where everyone seemed to be waiting just for me, Brittany’s smug smile fell when she saw me wearing my hoodie. Clearly it wasn’t something she anticipated. It was my turn to grin in triumph as I walked deeper into the room.

“Are we heading out?”

“We were just waiting for you,” Ray said, jumping up. “Let’s go celebrate.”

“Ready when you are,” Gerard announced, grabbing Melania and throwing her over his shoulder.

The female squealed and grabbed onto him for support, laughing as he walked outside with everyone else following.

“Well played,” Brittany said impressed, walking over and holding my shirt out to me.

I was just about to take it when she pulled her hand away.

“This is an exchange. I want something in return.”

I quickly glanced around to make sure that everyone was gone and then grabbed her around the waist, pulling her against me and capturing her lips in a deep kiss.

“Whew, that was a lot more than I expected,” Brittany breathed out. “Here you go.”

“Okay, okay, we all know you two are in love. But everyone else will leave without us,” Mikey stated, appearing out of nowhere.

I grinned broadly, taking my shirt and stuffing it halfway into the pocket of my hoodie. I then proceeded to grab a hold of Brittany’s hand, entwining our fingers before following her brother out. All of us somehow fit into two cars and then drove to the local dance bar/club thing. It’s where Gerard first became suspicious of my relationship with his sister due to our not so inconspicuous actions. Well, tonight we could dance and kiss all we wanted to, because we were officially together.

Once inside, we found everyone else already waiting for us. Everyone who made any type of contribution to the record was there, our manager, the sound guys, engineer, everyone. It was heartwarming to know that so many of our friends jumped in to help when we needed them to. These people were the best.

I pulled Brittany to my side and wrapped an arm around her waist while Gerard and Matt went to get another pitcher of beer. Greetings went around the place and everybody was cheery. The completion of our first record was a big deal and we were going to party until the sun came up.

“I’m going to go get me a cocktail,” Brittany informed me and I nodded, letting go of her.

“I don’t think so,” Gerard, having just returned and heard her statement, said sternly.

“You’re too young and I am not explaining to Mom and Dad why their daughter got drunk.”

“Just one,” the teen begged. “It’ll hardly affect me at all.”

“No,” he shook his head, adamant.

“Come on, Gee that’s not fair! I’ll be the only person here not celebrating.”

“You don’t need alcohol to celebrate. Mikey is barely legal. Trust me, Brit you don’t want to go down that road.”

I stared at him and understanding dawned on me. Gerard knew what he was talking about and he was only looking after his little sister. He was a regular party animal when we were in high school and countless times I had to cover for and take care of his drunken ass. Fortunately he’s moved on from all that.

“Gerard, I don’t think one drink can hurt,” I gave my opinion.

“Fine,” he sighed in defeat. “But only one.”

Brittany smiled happily and kissed my cheek before walking off in the direction of the bar.

“You’re letting her have her way now?” Gerard questioned me.

“Once in a while,” I smiled in response.

He shook his head, “You guys dating might not be such a good thing. You’re actually starting to like each other.”

I playfully shoved the taller male, laughing.

*

It was later that evening and I was making my way to the back of the club in search of the bathroom. I turned the corner and stopped dead in my tracks.

“Whoa! I’m, uhm…” I stuttered awkwardly. “Oops,” I giggled in embarrassment as the couple making out against the wall ripped apart. “Couldn’t wait until you reached the bathroom, huh?” I asked after a moment of uncomfortable silence between the three of us.

The pair turned crimson in embarrassment.

“Frank, what are you doing here?”

“Well,” I started. “I’m legal and allowed to be here. Plus, we’re celebrating the completion of our record. The better question would be what are you doing here? Kasey?”

The teen looked up at her companion then at me and finally her gaze dropped to her shoes.

“Does Brittany know?” I asked after a beat.

The teen with the soot colored hair’s head snapped up and she stared at me wide-eyed.

“No,” she scoffed, frowning deeply. “You know her. I can just imagine how she’ll react if she ever found out. She’ll have a field day with this,” she finished once again looking at the beautiful tall girl standing next to her.

I had to agree. Brittany would probably never let this go.

“I’m Jill by the way,” the other girl introduced herself after no one said anything for a long time.

“Frank,” I smiled. “I’m…”

“Brittany’s hot, older boyfriend, I know,” she nodded. “I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“I can assure you that everything they said was a lie.”

“That would be disappointing, because it was mostly good.”

I was surprised by this revelation. Who knew that Kasey would say good things about me? I took in her, I assumed, girlfriend’s appearance. She was really pretty with short jet-black hair and dark eyes circled with kohl. She was taller than Kasey and had an attractive heart-shaped face and slightly sharp nose.

“You can’t tell her, please, Frank,” Kasey begged desperately.

I shook my head and looked at her reassuringly.

“Don’t worry, my lips are sealed.”

The pair instantly looked relieved and smiled at me.

“Thanks,” Kasey said sincerely grateful.

“No problem. I’ll let you two get back to what you were doing. I have to use the bathroom,” I announced awkwardly, ducking my head. “See you around.”

Jill waved as I walked away and continued to the bathroom.

When I returned to my party, I was still smiling about what just happened.

“What’s got you smiling?” Brittany asked intrigued.

I shook my head, “People are amusing, that’s all.”

“You mean like Mikey and Syd fighting over there?”

My head turned in the direction she indicated and I was surprised to see that she was right and that Mikey and his girlfriend were arguing for some or other reason. I looked at Brittany questioningly and she shrugged.

“Don’t even ask, because I have no idea.”

“Ironically we’re not the ones fighting,” I pointed out with a chuckle.

The corners of her mouth twitched up into a smile as well.

“That’s a good thing,” she said, leaning in to kiss me.

“Hey, behave you two,” Gerard chided playfully. “It’s not fair to eat in front of a hungry man.”

I cracked up.

“Mel, why don’t you keep my brother happy?”

The other female shook her head.

“Maybe because he’s insatiable?” she said in a questioning tone. “I’ll have to screw him on this table to even attempt to keep him happy.”

This last statement definitely did not help to stop my laughing fit neither did Gerard’s stunned face.

“I’m joking,” Melania followed up with a chuckle. “He’s not that bad. On the contrary, I think he’s the one not keeping me happy.”

“That’s true,” Gerard said completely serious. “I’m actually considering obtaining a chastity belt.”

Melania elbowed him in the ribs at this earning another laugh from me.

“Okay, now I totally get what you and Mikey are always complaining about,” Brittany muttered, pulling a face. “Too much information.”

“Two sex mad people. You seem like the perfect couple,” Matt added to the conversation, his own girlfriend tucked under his arm.

“We are,” Melania smiled sweetly at Gerard. “With or without the physical stuff.”

Gerard closed the gap between their faces and now it was our turn to break them apart. I was used to it, but Brittany made a complaining sound.

“Let them be. They’re in love,” I chuckled, pulling her against me. “Besides, now that their mouths are busy they can’t complain about us doing the same,” I smirked.

“I like the way you think, Iero,” she grinned back, grabbing my hair and pulling my face to hers.

“Wow, this is not awkward at all,” I vaguely heard Matt whisper to his girlfriend causing me to pull back and laugh.

“Don’t be jealous, dude.”

“Oh, trust me, I’m definitely not. Why on earth would I want to make out with either you, Gerard or Brittany?” he asked, pulling a disgusted face.

“But you’ll make out with my girlfriend?” Gerard checked.

“Yeah, Mel is gorgeous in case you haven’t noticed.”

“Of course he has. Why else do you think he’s constantly glued to her face?” I teased.

“Besides, shouldn’t you be giving some attention to your own girlfriend?” Brittany wanted to know from the drummer.

“Oh, baby, she’ll get all the attention she needs a little later tonight,” he smirked suggestively and all of us groaned.

My eyes met a pair of steel grey ones at the entrance to the bar and my heart dropped. Of course. How could my stupid brain not take that little factor into account? How couldn’t it know that Amy would also be here? She was the band’s legal representative. Why wouldn’t she join us to celebrate our debut album? Fuck.

“I’ll be right back,” I whispered in Brittany’s ear and she nodded also noticing Amy standing near the entrance, looking at us.

I fought my way through the crowded bar until I reached the blonde and smiled warily at her.

“Hi.”

“Hey.”

It was a short and bitter greeting and spoke a thousand words. She was upset and I could guess why.

“Amy…”

“Don’t,” she cut me short, holding up her hand to silence me. “I don’t even want to hear it,
because whatever you plan on saying is bullshit!”

She was definitely upset. Actually, I think she was pretty fucking mad.

“I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you, but…”

“But what, Frank?” she snapped. “You were too much of a coward to pick up the phone and say,

‘Hey, I’m back with my lying, cheating ex.’? Too much of a coward to tell the truth? Instead
you avoided me for two weeks and waited until I saw you two together. I appreciate it, Frank. Now I know where we stand.”

“No, it wasn’t like that! I didn’t want to hurt you!”

“Well, great job you did at that! Why couldn’t you just be honest with me?”

That was a fair question and I was going to reply as truthfully as possible.

“Amy, you told me to think about it and then this happened. You predicted it, me and Brittany not being over. You were right. And when it happened, I don’t know, I just didn’t know how to tell you. After everything that happened between us, it just felt wrong. Even though you told me to find closure or something, I knew you’d be hurt when I told you that Brittany and I were back together.”

“I am!” she yelled upset. “What are you doing, Frank?” she demanded. “What the hell are you thinking? Are you even thinking at all? That girl has trampled all over your heart countless times and yet you keep going back to her every time,” she finished in a disbelieving whisper.

“I don’t know!” I exclaimed in aggravation. “I don’t know why, okay!”

We stood facing each other. The people and music in the background were forgotten for the time being.

“It’s different this time,” I said quietly.

“Different how? She let’s you top?”

My jaw dropped in astonishment. This was completely unlike her. She must have realized what she said, because her features softened if only a little.

“I’m sorry, that was uncalled for, but, Frank… Dammit!” she exclaimed. “I am done. I’ve had enough.”

“But you said…”

“Because I knew that this was going to happen!” she shouted before I could even attempt to finish my sentence. “I just knew it. Brittany is like… I’m not even going to go there, but if you’re too blind to see it then honestly I don’t know if you’re the right guy for me. This isn’t right, Frank! What happens tomorrow? She breaks your heart again and you come running to me again?”

I gulped, knowing that she was probably right. She was always right. Things really were different though. They were better. Brittany and I were dating, we were talking and we didn’t fight half as much as we used to. Yes, maybe we weren’t going to last forever and who knows, maybe Amy was the one I was supposed to be with, but I couldn’t give her a chance without knowing that I gave this everything I had. I had to make a real effort with my current relationship and end it properly before I could even begin to think about being with Amy for real. Otherwise there would always be unfinished business and unresolved feelings between me and the youngest Way.

“I’m not going to be there this time, Frank,” she told me seriously and my eyes grew wide.

The blonde female stepped forward, placing one hand on my shoulder and leaning forward, softly
kissing my lips. I stood there frozen, eyes wide. My first instinct was to kiss her back, but another part of me refused. So I just stood there until she finally pulled away.
Amy looked down for a second in disappointment and then met my eyes again with a strong determination.

“I hope you and Brittany work out. I really do.”

And I could tell that she meant it.

“Amy.”

“Don’t, okay, just don’t. I’m going to go now before I say something I’ll regret later, because I have quite a few things on my mind right now that I would like to tell you and none of them are very nice.”

I nodded in understanding and watched as she left. I turned around and found Brittany’s eyes resting on me. Well, this was not good. I guess it was time to fess up. I slowly made my way back to the group knowing that once I reached them all hell was going to break loose. Gerard’s eyes met mine and they were wide, letting me know that he also saw what happened. I swallowed and finally reached Brittany’s side.

“Isn’t she going to be joining us?” Brittany asked coolly.

I opened my mouth to respond, but Mikey showed up at that point looking a little upset.

“Hey, guys. I’m taking Syd home. I’ll see you back home.”

Everyone nodded as the bassist pushed his glasses higher up the bridge of his nose and then returned to his girlfriend who was waiting by the exit. Tonight definitely did not turn out the way I expected. It seemed that everyone was fighting now.

Avoiding all eye contact, I reached for the pitcher and filled up my empty glass before taking a large swig.

“Dancing is good,” Gerard announced unnecessarily loud, grabbing Mel’s hand and dragging her onto the dance floor.

“I think we’re going to call it a night and head home,” Matt informed us in turn.

“The night’s still young,” I pointed out almost desperately. I didn’t want them to leave, to leave me alone with Brittany.

“Frank, I think the party is kind of a bust.”

His girlfriend nodded in agreement.

“We’ll see you guys another time and try this again.”

My eyes followed the pair as they too left the bar. I found Ray goofing off with some of the other guys by the bar and then I looked at Brittany.

“Then there were two.”

“Brittany, I…”

“We’ll talk about it later. Right now we’re celebrating the band’s first record. If no one else wants to celebrate it then at least we will. Okay?” She paused for a second before continuing. “You guys worked hard on making a success of this. I think you deserve at least a short moment to relish in the outcome of all your input.”

That was not the reaction I expected at all, but I wasn’t going to complain and nodded slowly. Okay, good. She wasn’t going crazy, but maybe I was. This was very strange. Tonight was all fucked up in every way possible. What was in this beer?

Brittany

My response was a lot calmer than I felt on the inside. I had every right to be upset. I just watched my boyfriend get kissed by another woman. I knew something was wrong, I knew it and now I also knew what it was. This is why Frank has been acting weird. This is why he’s been more distant lately than before. Don’t get me wrong, our relationship was great. We were a lot closer than we were before our last break-up and yet in the same instance it seemed that we were farther apart than before. This was so messed up. All the other times before when we fought over Amy seemed pointless and now here it happened right before my eyes. I had reason to be worried all along. I knew she loved him. She admitted to it herself, but now the most important question was how Frank felt about her. Did I even want to know?

He looked both relieved and confused at the same time. I didn’t blame him. He probably expected me to explode and shout a string of profanities at him which would’ve been appropriate in our current situation, but what good would it do? Chances were that if I chose that option we would end up in a shouting match until finally one of us grew tired and left. Worst case scenario was that we broke up once again. Ironically, this time the roles were reversed considering that I wasn’t the cause of friction. This time Frank was the one caught kissing another girl.

It was his night though and I didn’t plan on immediately ruining it. The longer we ‘celebrated’ this record, the more time I had to think about this and to calm down. That’s what was important right now.

My eyes found Gerard and Melania dancing in the crowd and for a moment I felt a pang of jealousy towards them. Why couldn’t my love life be that simple? They loved each other and it was as simple as that. There were no ulterior motives or lies. It was pure love. I wanted that, but it seemed like that was always going to be just out of reach for me and Frank. We seemed to have this inherent need to hurt each other and I couldn’t understand it, but then again, we were both proud and stubborn to no end. We were exactly alike and maybe that was our biggest problem.

I watched Frank as he nervously gulped down his beer and suddenly I didn’t feel like partying anymore, pushing away my own drink. What was the point? Besides, I wanted to have my full wits about me if I was going to confront Frank a little later.

The rest of the night passed slowly and I faked my way through the entire evening, smiling when necessary and participating in conversations as if I was interested in whatever topics they were discussing. Finally, a little after midnight they decided that it was time to go home. Since Mikey took one of the cars when he took Syd home, the rest of us squished into the other car and sat uncomfortably for the short drive home. Once home, we all poured out of the car and said our goodbyes before everyone went their separate ways. Ray went home and Gerard took Mel home as well, leaving me and Frank alone.

“Do you want to come inside?” I invited as politely as possible.

He nodded and followed me as I unlocked the door and headed to my bedroom. He seemed to have completely sobered up in the last couple of seconds. I could tell that he was tense. That only made me nervous, because it meant he had something to hide. I waited for him to close the door and turned to face him. We just stood there staring at each other, both too scared to begin. The ending of this impending argument was predictable and inevitable. Someone had to start…

“Am I missing something?” I asked with a small frown. I knew I was missing something, but I wanted him to admit it. He was always going on about honesty. Now it was his turn to give effect to those words.

Frank fidgeted nervously with the hem of his shirt, avoiding eye contact

“You were right, Amy loves me.”

“I know that, but how do you feel about her?”

His head shot up and he stared at me wide-eyed like a deer caught in headlights.

“Brittany, you don’t understand. She’s always been there for me, every time you and I fought, every time I needed someone to talk to, she’s always been there. We have a mutual understanding and I enjoy her company.”

The more he talked, the more my heart sank. I didn’t want to hear this, but I had to know.

“How do you feel about her, Frank?”

“She told me that I loved you and told me to reconsider our break up. She practically told me to give you another chance.”

Why did he keep talking around it? Why was I pressing the matter? Because… I needed to know.

“Frank…”

“I don’t know why she would do that,” he shook his head in confusion. “She always puts my interests first, even above her own.”

And I didn’t. I was going to lose it.

“Frank!”

“I love her, okay! I fucking love her!” he practically shouted and my heart stopped. “I’m sorry, but I do,” he added quietly. “I can’t control it. Right now I wish I didn’t, but I do.”

“I get it!” I snapped upset. His confession was bad enough without him repeating it.

“Brittany,” he reached a hand out towards me and I instinctively recoiled. “I didn’t want to tell you. Things have been so good between us and I didn’t want to ruin it.”

“But you did,” I sighed sadly. “You let her kiss you. I saw you.” I looked up at him. “You just admitted that you love her.”

“Babe, no…”

“Yes! Frank, you love her!” I cried. “Where does that leave us? How can you be with me when you love her?”

“I don’t know, but, Brittany I’m still here. I’m not going anywhere! I chose you,” he said desperately, stepping closer to me. “I want this to work. I’m going to make this work. But please, you have to forget about Amy.”

I laughed mirthlessly, “How am I supposed to do that?”

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t just ignore the fact that he loved her. It wasn’t that simple. I couldn’t simply pretend not to have heard his confession. He loved her. It’s what I’ve feared all along and now it’s come true.

“Try.”

I shook my head, “No, why should I?”

A deadly silence fell over us. It was more than welcome, because I couldn’t bear to hear
anymore. That’s what you got for asking. Of course he would love someone else. I couldn’t even blame him. I’ve been the worst possible person towards him since this started. I’ve always put myself first and liked to pick a fight with him. We fought over stupid things. I tormented him endlessly and constantly pushed him away. I pushed him right into Amy’s waiting arms and now he was in love with her.

“How do you feel about me?”

Frank looked surprised by my question. He gulped and opened his mouth to respond.

“I don’t know.”

I took a deep breath.

“Neither do I so I think it’s best you leave.”

“Brittany…”

“Just go, Frank! I can’t even look at you right now,” I said dismissively. I was about to tell him to run back to Amy, but refrained from doing that, because that was definitely the last thing I wanted him to do.

“I’m sorry…”

“I need time. I need to think about this. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, now get out please,” I exclaimed, pushing him towards the door.

“Promise?” he said hopefully.

I slammed the door the second he was completely out of my room and locked it. This was not how I expected tonight to turn out. I definitely didn’t anticipate it ending with a love confession from my boyfriend, a love confession for someone else no less. But then again that was mine and Frank’s dysfunctional relationship.

I didn’t know whether I should cry or break things. Instead I opted for getting in bed without bothering to change and attempting to go straight to sleep. It’s been a long day and maybe things would look better in the morning after I got some rest. I’ll give him a chance to explain in the morning and it better be a damn good explanation. That was what I was going to do.

How could he? It seemed that he was like every other guy. I guess we were perfect for each other after all. I rolled onto my side, curling up. We were both liars. We were proud and stubborn and selfish. No, being selfish was a special trait reserved for only me. That’s what got me in this position. No, this was entirely Frank’s fault. I wasn’t easily going to let this go. Not this time…
Sign up to rate and review this story