Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Powerless

Death vs. Death

by GettingHighOnCyanide 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-06-04 - 1526 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: I UPDATED. It's been too long, but I have an excuse. I had writers block and couldn't come up with a plot event for this chapter that I liked. But now that I have, I think my updates will be a lot more frequent.
Thanks for reading!


I don’t remember anything that happened after that. At least, up until I awoke and once again, didn’t have a fucking clue where I was.
As soon as the grogginess wore off slightly, I found that I was tied to a chair; ankles, thighs, and wrists. I tugged at the rope, but it was strong. Too strong for me. The room was cold, stuffy, and very dimly lit, making it difficult for me to make out much of anything, other than what I could pick up on from my other senses.

Gerard, where are you?

I wanted him. Sick as it is, he’s a figure of stability. A constant. When no one or nothing else is there, he is. And with every minute that passed in that dark, unidentified room, I became more and more aware that it’s a lot scarier to be in the dark – not knowing whose hands your fate is in – than to be in the light and able to see the hands around your neck.

Then suddenly, it came back to me. How the car pulled to a stop in front of an old abandoned bar, and how I ran away, got shot, and was once again pushed into the back seat.
I spent the next few minutes racking my brains, trying to piece everything together and remember anything that might have happened after that. When did I black out? For how long? What method did he use? Had it not been so fucking dark, I would have regained the sense to check any available skin for prick points by now. I’ve watched enough thrillers to know that needle sedatives are the most common; and he’s hardly one to clean up after himself.

Okay, so let’s say he used a needle sedative. No doubt he would’ve given me enough to knock me out mostly, if not completely, which is a hell of a lot. I suppose in that case, I could have been out anywhere from a couple of hours to the majority of a day.

If he took me into the bar, chances are I’ve been in this chair for quite a long time. But if he drove off somewhere else while I was out and then tied me up here, it could have only been a few minutes.

What was his business in that bar, anyway?

I heard footsteps somewhere to my left; my thought and heartbeat stopped dead in their tracks.

Please be Gerard.

“H-Hello?” I stuttered, questioning my decision to speak slightly.

The footsteps came closer, and a pair of hands grabbed my shoulders roughly.

“What’s your name, kid?” Asked a raspy voice that definitely did not belong to Gerard.

“Frank.” I answered quietly, yet obediently.

“Here’s the deal, Frank.”

The footsteps came around to face me, and the flame of a lighter appeared, exposing part of the denim vest of the man in front of me.

“You’re gonna stay here, and do what we fucking say, or you’re gonna be crushed into the motherfucking ground. Got it?”

“Y-Yes.” I said. “Where’s Gerard?”

The man laughed.

“We’re not the damn babysitters club. We don’t look out for each other… he could be outside lying in a pool of his own blood, for all I know.”

My heart clenched inside my chest. The idea of my one sense of fucked-up stability being gone, suddenly made the room a little colder and darker, and the man in front of me just a bit more intimidating.

“Okay… what are you going to do with me here?” I nearly whispered.

“I trust Gerard told you why he had to take you with him in the first place?”

“Yes, but-“

The man took the ropes on my wrists and undid them. Then the ones on my thighs and ankles.

“We’ll do whatever we fucking please with you. At least until Way hears the word and gets his ass back here.” He explained. “Get up.”

I did as I was commanded, and a bolt of searing pain went through my leg from where the bullet entered it.

“He’s got the final say in what happens to you. My job is to keep you here and rip your brains out if you escape. Got it?”

The way he said that reminded me so much of Gerard. It’s almost comforting.


He grabbed my upper arm and dragged me around the room, then up an all-too-familiar creaky flight of wooden stairs. I flinched in pain with every step I took, but the gradual gradient of light that was coming into view made for quite the distraction.

I was led by the man – who I could now see in full light – into the top level of wherever the hell I was. From what I could tell, it was definitely the old abandoned bar. Beer bottles and cans lay strewn all over the rotting tile flooring, and what I guess used to be an old bar counter was placed in a lonely spot along the wall across me. The ceiling looked to be falling apart from every corner and edge.


“Hello, hello!”

I turned my head to the right, and a grungy looking, bearded man of around 45 or 50 emerged from what seemed like thin air.

“And how are we doing?” He said, looking up at the man holding my arm.

I was released, and shoved forwards towards the older man.

“Just fine, boss.”

So this is the big mojo.

He looked me up and down, and gestured for me to follow him. He led me to the bar counter and instructed me to sit down on one of the decomposing stools, which I did cautiously.

“So, you’re Frank?” He grinned at me.

This guy is far too happy to be the big mojo. Never mind.

“Yes.” I said, looking down at my feet. “Gerard told you?”

I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye.

“Well, shall we get started?” He asked eagerly.

“W-With what? Isn’t Gerard supposed to-“

“Way will be back in time. I told him what to do.” He said. “I’ll give you two options. It’s your decision which one you choose to take.”

He got up, pulled a pair of handcuffs out of his back pocket, and cuffed me to the counter.

Why does this not surprise me?

“Okay.” I agreed. “But don’t I get a few answers first?”

“I see no reason why that should be a problem. Go ahead.”

“I’ve got three. Where am I, where is Gerard, and what are you going to do with me?”

“You’re at what used to be a bar. Once upon a time. Gerard is… taking care of some business. He should be back within the hour.” He said. “As for what I’m going to do with you, these are your options. We will either kill you, or recruit you. You have 5 minutes to make your decision.”

He got up and marched down the stairs, leaving me with the original guy, who stood over me like a hawk.


What. Do. I. Do?

5 minutes to decide whether to be killed, or kill. And I don’t even know what to think.
In Chicago, I was worthless. Completely fucking worthless. I was the clockwork devil itself; the smart, the complicated, the grandiose; but also the failure, the pseudo-imperious, and the freak that most were scared to come near.
I had only a few friends; the guy in the store, Ray, a couple of the employees at the store. I hadn’t spoken to my family in years, and I doubt they even remember my birthday. As if I don’t deserve it, anyway.
Nobody would miss me. I would be there and then gone, faster than the blink of an eye. And my existence would be as if it were erased from the start. Like I was never there in the first place. It’s either that, or become the same person Gerard is.


“Time’s up.” The menacing man behind me grunted. “What’s your decision?”

“I’ll… I’ll…” I grasped for words. “I’ll join you.”

The words left my mouth before I was even able to comprehend what I was saying, and the path I was now forced to take.

They said that the strongest force in existence is the human will to live. I used to think they were wrong, but maybe… subconsciously… they knew what they were talking about.

“Way! Get up here!” The man roared.

Gerard came flying up the set of stairs, looking more tired and distressed than he had before.

“Way... we've got a new recruit.”

Gerard turned away from me for a second before saying anything.

“Welcome to the business, kid.”
Sign up to rate and review this story