Categories > Original > Drama

Striving to Be Perfect

by IRemainUnknown 0 reviews

She wanted to be perfect

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-07 - 297 words

0Unrated
Strive to Be Perfect

She wanted to be perfect, no matter how much it would cost.
She strived to be beautiful, skinny, and be able to smile and say "I love myself". Say it, honestly; not lie through her teeth as she had done so many times before.

Looking at herself in the mirror she sighed; she wasn't skinny, or beautiful. She was fat in her stomach and thighs; both covered by raging red lines, that symbolized how badly she wanted this. Every time she ate, or broke her promise to herself; that was her reminder not to. Her reminder to stay strong with her promise, and in time she would be beautiful.

Days went by, with no food passing her lips; she had begun losing weight. But not enough, she was never going to be enough if she continued this.

In desperate attempts to finish what she started, she brought up new tactics; every night, at the least she would empty any stomach contents she had; as this too would help her along her way to being skinny and plain perfect.

This road proved to be a long one, as her journey went far; a year had passed, pounds where lost; but still not enough.

To those around her, she was turning into skin and bones, very underweight, and white as a ghost.

She was wasting away, but she still wasn't perfect; she would never be perfect.

This is where her story takes a dark turn, worse than all the others; for, this is the end. She is no more, nor will she ever be.

Life and death never seemed so close, it shocked everyone just how close the two were.

But one thing was certain, and everyone knew this.

She was perfect from the start.
Sign up to rate and review this story