Categories > Original > Drama > Complications

Alterations

by VerticalSkyline 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-06-13 - 1965 words

0Unrated
I got to return to the psyche ward about a week later. No one was really paying me any mind since shit like that happened all the fucking time. Except Martin had gotten excruciatingly worse about criticising and emotionally abusing me. I just spent more and more time ignoring him. I was really inept to finding out who Vilqua was in love with, but he just wouldn't tell me. He would smile and chuckle a bit then walk away, leaving me alone. I'd spent more time with him lately. I had no idea why, though. Well, he was my best friend...

"Come on Vil!" I exclaimed and he just shook his head and kept walking.

I caught up with him, grabbed his arm (carefully, I might add, seeing as my hand still hurt like there was no fucking tomorrow), pinning him against the wall, and glared into his frighteningly dark eyes.

"Why do you wanna know so badly?" he scoffed. "You love Harly. That should be all that fucking matters!"

I sighed. "You just don't get it, do you Vilqua..."

"Oh shit, you used my full first name," he gasped quietly. "You're pissed off at me, aren't you?"

"Fuck right, I am!" I raised my voice. "You're my best mate, correct?" He nodded. "That means we tell one another everything! We don't leave out things! You know everything about me!"

"You never told me why you have no dad..." he muttered.

"He killed himself before I was born," I growled. "My mom, you know about her and Kevin, my sister was killed by her ex-boyfriend, and my twin brother died at birth. Happy now?"

He gasped and just stared at me, wide-eyed. I let him go with a glare and started back toward group.

"Just forget about it, Vilqua," I whispered. "I give up. This is just too much work..."

I entered the room and sat on the sofa. Harly had been avoiding me ever since she told me that she loved me and Sally got out of Greyman's a couple of days ago. She was bailed out. My mom kept coming every day, trying to convince me to move back. Every time, I said no. Though, the time was growing closer and closer to where they would have to force me to leave Greyman's. I couldn't stand even the thought of returning to the real world, much less actually going back.

"Zia," Myra chimed happily. "I know you're not happy about it, but you're mom's here again."

I nodded and followed her to the meeting room. I sat calmly and waited on my mom to come in. She strolled in casually and took her seat across from me.

"Mom," I said quickly and she jumped a bit. "Mom, I wanna come home with you..."

She gasped and then hesitantly nodded. Truth was, I was gonna move back with her just so I could move out and move to, like, LA or something. I know I said I couldn't stand the thought of leaving, but I couldn't stand being around Harly and Vilqua for any longer....Thus, I stood from the table and went back to my room of my own accord. I grabbed my razor and soap and shit and packed it into a plastic bag I grabbed along the way. Then, I went to the head nurse to get my clothes from that night back. Honestly, I hadn't grown any. In height or weight. Hell, I'm pretty sure I was skinnier and shorter....So, I changed and walked out. It was a good thing I hadn't changed into my tux before I tried to kill myself. I was wearing a black T-shirt and some Tripp pants with my Vans. I wore my Avenged Sevenfold beanie with that. I had started toward the entrance to the institute when I ran into Vil.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" he demanded harshly, shoving me against the wall and holding me there.

"I'm leaving this place," I replied softly. "Leaving for good..."

"You can't!" Vil cried, squeezing my upper arms even harder.

"Why can't I?" I questioned him, raising my voice.

"Because I love you!" he shouted and then pulled away immediately, covering his mouth with his hands.

My eyes had widened at the words and then I watched him run down the hall, away from me. I gasped and shook my head then walked shakily toward the entrance again. I kept looking back. He was gay? If so...why did he make out with Harly? I dropped the bag and ran after him. I found him laying in the grass in the fenced area with his arm over his eyes. I went over and placed my legs on either side of him.

"Tell me something, Vil," I said.

He jumped and looked at me, scared.

"What?" he breathed.

"Why didn't you tell me you were gay?" I asked quietly, squatting, my legs still on both sides of him.

"Because I was a closet gay until...today apparently..." he replied, balancing on his elbows. "Actually, I think I'm bi, but I just kinda lean more towards guys." He closed one eye to block out the sun.

I nodded. "Well, I'll call every day to talk to you. I think I better go say goodbye to Harly."

He sighed and nodded his head slowly. I started to stand, but he pulled me back down by the collar and pressed his lips harshly against mine. My eyes were wider now than they had been when he told me he loved me, but I just let it happen. He let me go and smiled at me.

"Everything I thought it would be and more..." he whispered.

I chuckled and ruffled his hair as I stood up and went to meet my mom. She got me out without them checking me and took me to the car. I got in the passenger seat and looked out the window. Vil was standing at the fence as we drove by. I got Mom to stop and I rolled the window down.

"I'll probably do something to land me here again!" I yelled and he laughed.

"I'll be waiting by the front door!" he called back.

I waved goodbye with a smile and Mom took off again. I sighed and sat back, watching the world pass by. I was twenty-six, and I was just now moving back in with my mom? Oh fuck yeah, I was gonna end up in Greyman's again. I just didn't wanna deal with Harly at the moment.

We got to the apartment and I crawled out, looking up, just realising that Kevin was waiting inside...

"Don't worry, he's not here," Mom said as if she could read my mind. "This is your own personal apartment."

"For real?" I squeaked happily.

"And it's not very far from Greyman's, so you can go visit your little buddies and Mitchie and Myra and Lily."

"Yes!" I threw my fist into the air as if I had just won something, which I kind of did.

"Room 7F, on the sixth floor," she informed me, handing me the keys.

I hugged and kissed my mom before I sprinted inside and up to my apartment. It was amazing! There was so much free space, plus a TV, a couch, a little dining table...a bed, a wardrobe. Mom must have really wanted to get me out of there. I don't know why, but I felt liked there was something really fishy going on with this. Though I just chose not to even question it. I knew I would be before the end of the week. I'll be expected to have dinner with Kevin and Mom or something. Despite the fact I'd been in Greyman's for ten years, I still wasn't ready to leave. I mean, hell, not too long ago, I was going to kill myself over something as silly as romantic issues and whatnot. Nearly succeeded in said endeavor as well. However, I digress. What was it that Mom really wanted? Because I felt that she had ulterior motives, and not just suddenly being a caring mother.

After a while of sitting on the couch, literally doing nothing but staring at the wall, I finally went into the back room and lied down on the bed in there without even changing my clothes. I didn't care enough to. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep. And very comfortable. And I slept through the entire next day as well, leaving me to wake up the day after. I felt refreshed, though...somewhat unwhole. I shook the feeling off as best I could as I walked over to my wardrobe. It was filled with all of my old clothes. I kind of smiled as I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a matching V-neck T-shirt. I then proceeded to slip on my beanie and kind of smiled as my fingers brushed it. I put on my Vans and sighed quietly, walking to the front room and grabbing the front door key before slowly walking out and locking the door. I bounded mindlessly down the stairs and out of the building, beginning to walk to Greyman's to see Vil. And maybe even Harly. I wasn't sure yet. It was weird to feel so...free....But I knew it was bound to be too good to be true. I looked over as I walked toward the institution to see a car slowly pull up beside me. And inside?...It was Kevin. I froze.

"Get in, fag, your mom wants to see you," he said simply with a roll of his eyes.

"What in all of sweet fuck makes you think I'm going to get in a fucking car with you?" I growled, glaring daggers at him.

He narrowed his eyes at me and responded, "Get your ass in this car before I run it over."

"Don't do me any favours," I scoffed, beginning to walk in the opposite direction, toward my mom's apartment.

I could hear Kevin's car speeding toward me, but I dodged it just as he tried to hit me. I hated him. I hated him so much. I ignored it as he crashed into a lightpole and continued walking. Mom's apartment wasn't too far from my new one. I buzzed up and she let me in. When I walked in, she was sitting in the kitchen at the table.

"What is it, Mom?" I asked huffily, closing the door and walking slowly over to the table, my hands in my pockets.

"Zia, honey," she started, standing from the table. "There's been a problem with the payments on your apartment..."

My heart came to a standstill even though my mind started to race a million miles an hour.

"What the hell do you mean?" I asked, trying not to choke on my words.

"Apparently the card that the rent is controlled with...wasn't approved..." she said quietly, gently resting her hand on my shoulder. "...That means you'll have to come live with Kevin and me until we figure this out..."

My eyes widened and I stepped away from her, my hands leaving my pockets. All I could make myself do was shake my head. Without saying anything else, I just turned and left, holding back the tears. I couldn't live with them. Not again. I ran down the stairs, past a very pissed off Kevin, who tried to start shit with me, but I just blew through and out the door, making my way quickly to Greyman's. My mind was racing and the thoughts and voices were coming back...and before I knew what was happening, I felt myself hit the concrete and everything went black.
Sign up to rate and review this story