Categories > Original > Poetry

Derailling the Path

by Unable_to_Speak 0 reviews

A short, unorganized poem

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-06-13 - 263 words - Complete

0Unrated
It's time to hold my breath for once and stop swallowing my pride. I've done it before so I can do it again, right?

No, I don't want permission granted from any of you. Don't tell me "no" or "yes" when I've already set my path down a jagged line where only I know where the finish is.

Is it so difficult to comprehend that this is my plan?

Is it so frustrating for you to realize you cannot change my destination?

You have tried and you will keep trying until you have only curved the path ever so slightly.

You've delayed the inevitable... That is all. I'm still going to end up where I desire to be.

I choose the end of my story and you will not know until the very moment my life ceases if I have decided I want to go out in a bang where the world can watch or silently with very few eyes who I will let see me fall.

Drag me down a different road, set me astray on a new path. I will walk it until I return to mine or I will jump completely off the map and be where I wish.

You want to call me selfish?

You want to claim me cruel?

You want to pull no punches and hold no tricks back? Lay 'em on me, let's see what you have!

You cannot hold me back.

Shrug it off...

Dust off the dust...

Straighten your spine...

Square your shoulders...

Hold your head up high....

Keep on walking towards your goal...
Sign up to rate and review this story