Categories > Original > Poetry

Reality.

by MCR-99 0 reviews

A perfect world, is nothing like the reality we have to endure.

Category: Poetry - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-07-05 - 252 words

-1TrainWreck
Reality.

In a perfect world, a dream life, everyone's happy. No pain, no suffering, everyone's smiling. No war, all peace. No fears, only dreams. Success, that's what everyone gets. No death, we witness no loss in family. No fights, nothing like that. Everything's colourful, shining in the basking glow of the warm sun. At night, the stars shine brighter than ever. The heavenly voices of the tweeting birds greet you every morning with a smile, as the perfect day begins. You go off to school, or to the day job, to succeed in what you do. Top grades, top positions, and all the money. You live the perfect life.

But, life isn't always a fairytale, or a movie.

The reality is so much different than what you read or see in a top Hollywood movie. Everywhere you look, someone's suffering, yet no one has the heart to help. All the faces you see; all charades. The smiles, are fake. Everyone's scared of something. Scared of losing someone they love, scared of failure. Always pain, everywhere. Someone dies, everytime you blink at least a million people have died. No one lives the perfect life, as life isn't always perfect. Some say it will be, you just gotta work at it. Well, what no one ever knows is, half of us work our butts off, every day, just to get nowhere, while others just bask in the glory of watching others fail.

A perfect world, is nothing like the reality we have to endure.
Sign up to rate and review this story