Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

THE STREETS OF LONDON ARE NO PLACE FOR TWO SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD BOYS, NOT BOYS LIKE YOU...NEVER HAVE BEEN, NEVER WILL BE.

by thankyou-forthevenom 1 review

This was all I needed, me, and my amazing boyfriend in this old tree that had come as close to a home as anything ever had. It wasn’t perfect, we were screwed if it rained and we had no tarpaulin...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-07-11 - 1078 words

1Ambiance
‘Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.’ Was the only thing going through my head as I walked the dark streets of London, ‘Gerard… where the fuck are you?’ I whispered, my breath swirling in front of my face as I walked under the street lamps that lit up the pathway in the night.

He had been a long time now, at least half an hour… it didn’t take this long to get to the drop off… he had left with £20… he hadn’t been mugged had he? No… he wouldn’t have been, Gerard would be smarter than them anyway.

I walked back to our spot by the tree, at the park where I leant against it. The park looked equally peaceful as it did scary, but I was so used to it now, that seeing it empty was a real breath of fresh air compared to the busy day full of screaming children and loud teenagers.

I was about to give up waiting for him and get ready for the night, when someone grabbed me from behind, wrapping their arms around my waist. In a panic I let out a small scream only to hear Gerard's voice fill the air around me.

‘Shhh baby, it’s me….’ I turned around and he was grinning, with his hands hanging by his sides now, and his hair covering his eyes.

‘Gerard you fucking shit head. You had me so worried!’ I squeaked, still shaken up.

‘Sorry Frankie… anyways… I went to the drop off, the big T gave us extra today as he had a new batch come in… he told us we were his favourite customers…’ he grinned and pulled out two small sealy bags, full of the green plant that made this life bearable. I wasn’t entirely comfortable with what we were ding but it was the only way to feel safe and to relax.

‘Gee… this isn’t good, we need to stop… I don’t-‘ he cut me off with a peck on my lips, then with a smile I watched my boyfriend of two years pull himself up onto the first branch and make his way up the tree, to where we sat.

You’re probably feeling rather thrust into this, well… trust me I know how you feel.

With a stretch I managed to pull myself up too, this is where being small is a disadvantage. Gerard was nestled into the flat half of the tree, were our small bag was placed, and my guitar hung from one of the branches. We had found this place when we were running from the police for the very first time.

flash back

’shit, Frankie come on…. We can’t go back, run!’ he grabbed my hand and pulled me quickly, we were heading to the park, with my guitar banging against the back of my leg and my hair in my face. It was dark, so it was difficult seeing where I was going.

‘Gee… I can’t run any farther… I’m gonna pass out…’

‘Frankie…. Drop your guitar in that bush. Now.’ He had asked me to throw my second most precious thing into a bush, in the middle of London. That is not something I wanted to do if I was quite honest.

‘I can’t….’

‘Frank. The guitar is white, if they catch us, they will make us go home… that is not something I am willing to do. Thrown it, we can come back and get it. I promise.’ I took a deep breath and carefully placed it under the shrubs.

‘Go go go!’ I said as we ran faster than I had ever run before, the police gaining on us now.

‘That tree there. Climb it.’ He said pointing to one that was coming up soon.

I stretched up to the first branch and tried to pull myself up, but I couldn’t… I felt Gerard's hands push me up and I pulled myself up the rest of them getting as high as I could, to where the leaves were at its thickest.

Gerard collapsed next to me and sighed. ‘Ger-‘I began, but he stuck his hand over my mouth and pointed down. There were four or five of them all running past the tree. Tears filled my eyes and I leant into Gerard who had his back against the trunk. I couldn’t believe we had made it…


‘Frankie… you okay?’ Gerard said pulling me out of my haze. I nodded and he pulled the corner of his mouth up, making that crooked half smile I loved. He pulled out a lighter and offered me the brown paper that was filled with the green plant. I took it and placed it in between my cracked lips. He leant forward and lit the end, making the end glow orange in the dark air. I breathed in and my lungs were filled with the smoke that made me buzz.

I smiled as i breathed it out and realised I was at peace, even after the first toke. It didn’t exactly make me forget about the shit going on… but it did push it to the back of my mind, making the most important thing in the world fill my mind. Gerard. I passed it to him and lent back on the large, flat part of the tree next to where Gerard sat crossed legged.

He took a toke and breathed it out of his nose slowly, and then he looped his leg over my body, then sitting on my lap he took his last toke before throwing the end away. I watched as he leant down over my face and blew the smoke into my mouth letting it fill my lungs. He leant down even further and pressed his lips to mine, but I pulled away, and whispered in his ear ‘babe… I'm gonna fall out this tree if you don’t stop.’

He laughed and rolled off me grinning.

This was all I needed, me, and my amazing boyfriend in this old tree that had come as close to a home as anything ever had. It wasn’t perfect, we were screwed if it rained and we had no tarpaulin, it wasn’t comfortable; but it was better than everything we had left two years ago.

Thank you for reading this... it means a lot! I shall update when I can! Please rate and review! -Ebony xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story