Categories > TV > JAG > It only hurts when I'm breathing

Talking

by Sayuri 0 reviews

Harm and Mac finally get to talk.

Category: JAG - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-04 - Updated: 2006-08-04 - 945 words

0Unrated
It only hurts when I'm breathin'
Part 2

Disclaimers:
Still the same as always.

A/N:
Sorry that it took me so long to finally finish this, but I first wrote the last few chapters of 'the letter' and then I didn't know how to continue this. FEEDBACK; PLEASE!




9:15pm EST
Mac's apartment
Georgetown, Washington D.C.


"Harm, what are you doing here?"
"Hello Mac. We've to talk."
"About what," she asked, still not opening the door enough for him to enter.
"You know 'bout what," he mumbled.
Mac frowned.
'Isn't it enough to come here after all he did? Does he has to make me guess the matter? That's... well, typical Harm. If he gets the courage to talk I have to guess 'bout what. Why the hell did I fall in love with such a moron?' she thought.
"I don't know what you're up to, Harm. Guess you've to tell me."
Then let me in. What I've to say is nothing to be discussed in passing."
She sighed and walked back into her apartment, leaving the door open.
He sat down but she kept on pacing the room, not able to calm down.
"Mac, you're making me nervous. Sit down and listen to me."
She felt how she slowly got angry. Although it was logical to get nervous by someone pacing the room like she was doing it seemed like he wanted to delay the 'moment of truth'.
"I prefer to stand, thanks," she snapped. "So what do you want?"
"Talk."
'Great Rabb,' he thought. 'Just the right way to start.'
"About what," she asked annoyed.
"Us."
"There's nothing to talk about, Harm."
"Hell, Mac, when did you stop being my friend? What happened?" He was almost yelling now.
"You leave the Navy, join the CIA, didn't tell me - your former best friend - 'bout it and presume to ask me what happened? Damn you," she shouted.
His voice turned to a low and dangerous level. Too much was too much.
"Mac, I left the Navy because of you! Because of your stupid assignment with Webb. I wanted to tell ya about the CIA but I couldn't find you. How many times did you something of great matter and didn't discuss it with me before? I can't understand why you consider me your former best friend. Tell me, Mac."
"As long as you keep hurting me like you did today you're not my friend."
"Alright, Mac, I understand. You just see what I did the past years. But this one is your fault... Well, I don't want to discuss it. I came to talk - to set things right and try it one more time, but if you don't want..."
Mac suddenly felt guilty about her reaction to his words.
'He's right,' a tiny voice inside of her whispered. 'You've treated him worse than ever. It's a miracle that he still considers you his best friend. Didn't you want a second chance? If he listened to you now, it would be your third one. It's now or never. If you let him walk out that door of yours, you may never see him again. By the way, you've to admit this situation was caused by you. He maybe let his actions let his actions speak for him too often, but this time he was stopped by Clay... and by your 'Never'.'
As Mac looked up, her best friend was almost out of the door.
"Harm... wait!"
"What? You want to yell at me again?"
"Harm... I... I'm sorry."
He turned around.
"About what?"
She looked at him.
"'bout everything. It could have worked so well if I hadn't..."
She lowered her head, letting her gaze drop to the floor - she just couldn't watch him walking out.
As she looked up several seconds later he was still there, now standing right in front of her.
He smiled his trademark flyboy-grin at her.
"Does that mean I've my best friend back?," she asked carefully.
"Maybe a little more."
When she looked at him, not knowing what he had meant, he teased her: "In case you're courageous enough to get involved with the CIA it could be more than just casual friendship."
"as long as it's just you and not the whole CIA - I can handle you."
She smiled that special smile of hers at him.
"Don't be too sure, Marine. One question left. Did you meant it as you said a relationship between the two of us could never work?"
"If you don't mind not being 'on top' all the time it could work well."
"Smart, Sarah. Oh, by the way - you know I love you, right?"
She gasped.
'Wow, he actually said it. If I had known it would be such an easy thing to get to this point...' she thought, 'Well, guess a 'sorry' is all you need sometimes.'
"Mac?," he asked concerned, almost regretting he had told her.
"Why the hell did we wait so long? I thought I'd never hear that from you."
He chuckled.
"I consider this as your romantic way of saying you love me too?!"
"Yes, I love you too, Harm."
They just looked at each other for an instant - then he lowered his mouth to her and brushed her lips gently with his own. Although their mouths barely touched she immediately felt the sensations making her lips tingle - exactly like they had during their kisses in Norfolk, on the Admiral's porch and under the mistletoe.
She stepped back, wanting to look him in the eye.
"You know you won't get rid of me anytime soon, flyboy, don't you?"
"Who told ya I want to get rid of you?"



The end
Sign up to rate and review this story