Categories > Movies > Newsies > "Belle" Of the Ball

"Belle" Of the Ball

by twistedchick32 0 reviews

Snitch falls for a new female newsie, but is there jealousy ahead for one of the other newsies? Read to find out.

Category: Newsies - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Skittery,Snitch - Published: 2013-07-12 - 875 words

0Unrated
Belle' of the Ball

By: Rachael K.

Chapter 1

Mr. Kloppman looked at the clock on the wall behind him, only to see that it was 5:50am. It was 10 minutes till he had to wake the boys up to sell their papers. Then he remembered the girl who had just moved in about a week ago, and how he had to get her up early as usual..

He then headed up the stairs to the room where the bunks were. He opened the door, and went over to the last top bunk, where all he could see was a river of long black hair splayed across the pillow. He knew that it was Belle. He gently poked her to wake her up.

"Hey, Belle. Honey, its time to wake up. I gotta wake up the boys soon." he whispered to her.

Belle opened up her emerald green eyes slowly with a flutter. She sat up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Her simple white nightgown bunching up behind her. "Okay, okay. I'm up." She said.

Kloppman watched as Belle got off the bed, and headed for the Washroom. He shook his head. I hope this girl knows what she's gotten herself into. he thought to himself.

Meanwhile in the Washroom, Belle pumped the water to wash her face. She sighed heavily. She was slightly excited about starting her job with the Newsies.

After about 10 minutes, she heard the rambunctious voices of the boys, who were just waking up.. Oh hell, I've better hurry up. she thought to herself.

She stood by one of the mirrors, and began to brush her freshly washed long black hair gently. She stared at her reflection, and sighed "A whole week of bein' here, and they convince me to be a newsie." She said out loud to no one.

Just then, the washroom door opened, and a few of the boys entered.

"Hiya, Belle. Did you'se sleep good last night?" A voice on her left asked.

Belle turned to see Jack standing on her left. She smiled "Hey, Jack. I slept like an angel. How's 'bout ya?" She asked.

Jack shrugged "Okay, I'se suppose." He said, as he began to shave his face.

Just then, another voice appeared on her right "Good Morning, Belle. How'd ya sleep?" The voice said.

Belle turned to her right, and smiled. There stood Mush, who smiled brightly at her "Oh, very well. Thank ya so much." She said.

"Glad ta hear it." Mush said happily, still smiling at her.

Belle turned back to the mirror, and twisted her damp long hair into a bun. She sighed heavily. She then took her clothes, and walked over to one of the changing stalls.

She quickly changed into her white button down shirt, her pants with the suspenders. She adjusted everything, then remembered that she left her hat in the bunk room. She got out of the stall, and quickly walked back into the bedroom. She jumped up to reach her hat, but sighed heavily when she couldn't reach it."Oh Bloody hell." She whispered, silently cursing her height.

Suddenly, a hand producing her hat appeared on her left. Belle turned to the person. She was relieved to see that it was Snitch, her bunkmate.

"Lookin' for this?" Snitch asked.

Belle nodded "Thanks. Snitch." She said, relieved that she learned everyone's name over the last week. "Say, ain't you'se me sellin' partner today?" She asked.

Snitch nodded "Yup, at your service, Ma'am." He said, bowing slightly.

Belle smirked "Beautiful." She said.

Snitch slung his arm around Belle's shoulder "C'mon, sweetheart. We'se got papes to sell." He said cheerfully.

Belle sighed "Okay." She said.

Neither one of them would admit it, but they spent a lot of time together over the week. Belle guessed that Jack saw this, and that's why he made him and Belle selling partners. They had become friends.

Without another word, they joined the rest of the Newsies outside in order to head to the distribution office.

When Belle got outside with Snitch trailing behind her, she saw everyone waiting. "Heya, gentlemen!" She called out when she joined them.

Skittery was the first one to notice that they had showed up finally "Well, and just what took you two so long?" He asked, smiling and raising an eyebrow.

"Nothin'... I had to help 'er reach 'er hat. That's all." Snitch exclaimed.

"Yeah! Jus' what're ya implyin' here, Skittery?" Belle cut in, feeling slightly angry about Skittery's lewd comment.

With those words, Belle got up in Skittery's face. She was nowhere near as tall as he was, but she stood on her tip-toes to look him in the eyes.

Skittery backed off, he refused to fight a woman...especially a full-blooded Irish girl who he can tell had a monster temper. "Look, Belle. I'm sorry, alright." He said, flashing a smile at her.

Belle thought she would melt when Skittery smiled at her. "You charmer." She whispered, walking back to stand next to Snitch.

It was hard to choose, cause she definitely had begun to like Snitch. Over the last week, she had been talking with him. She had found out a lot about him, but mostly just the basics.

(To Be Continued…)
Sign up to rate and review this story