Categories > Original > Poetry

Anthem For The Year 2013

by AmericanHorrorStory 2 reviews

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-13 - 352 words

0Unrated
We will never believe in anything but rusted lies,
Methane eyes can't see the falsifications we call our lives.
We dance in faux spotlights and burn our days away,
Don't you think we could make a change someday?
I aimed to write the anthem for the year 2013,
I didn't want to pen another broken suicide note.
Don't you think you could've saved me?
Don't you think you could've changed me?

This was kind of written for people that have been told/think that they won't get anywhere in life - you will, I swear. About 6 months ago, I didn't think I was gonna get anywhere, but with the help of a few good people, I'm now pretty confident that I wanna do stuff with my life. If people ever tell you that you won't get anywhere, don't believe 'em. Find someone who believes in you, and you'll go far. I'm always here, and I'll help you realize your goals - you've just gotta get up and realize what you wanna do in life! :)

Also, I'm going to see The Killers and Of Monsters And Men in Dubai in October. Fuck yeah. And one of my closest ever friends comes back to me then. October is a good month, yeah.

ALSO (Jesus, I'm bad at keeping these things short): Soon, I'm heading off to Musandam, for a few days of tanning and relaxing, then I'm coming back, them sometime I'm heading up to Muscat to spend a week at Bar Al Jissah (FUCKING LOOK IT UP OH MY GOD) and going haggling at Muttrah Souq. Also, I'm heading up to Dubai to stay at a hotel called Ramada Downtown Dubai. It literally is about 30 seconds away from Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa. I can't wait. I get to get a while bunch of cute summer clothes - bandeaus, shorts, skirts, cute blouses - yeah.

Casual reminder that this is the way to tell people about what you're doing - write something, have an author's note!

ALSO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO SILVERCHAIR, FIONA APPLE AND LAURIE ANDERSON SHIT SO GOOD
Sign up to rate and review this story