Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon a Chord

Chapter Five

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

White Christmas

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-07-20 - 2266 words

0Unrated
I pulled my coat over my shoulders and held it together with my arms as I grabbed my books. It was the middle of November, and girls were getting in trouble for not wearing their uniform skirts.

Mom had been back from the hospital for about four months now and we haven't had another scare like we had back in August. In fact, she seemed like her normal self again.

Her head had no hair on it, but she didn't need it to be beautiful. She was perfect every day when she went to work, her makeup always amazing. She wore a thick knit cap and a huge, thick coat in the winter now, but under it, she wore a beautiful dress or a skirt and blouse.

There was a knock on my open locker door. I grabbed my bag and shut my locker. Gee stood there, a huge smile on his face. "Hey beautiful." Gee kissed me quickly.

"Hey sexy." I smiled, pulling him against me. His face went red. "So Christmas is in two weeks. What do you want?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a bundle of mistletoe. He held it over our heads.

"You." He kissed me. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"You know what I mean." I put my books into my bag and grabbed his hand. He took my bag and put it over his shoulder before I could stop him.

"I do. And I want you." I opened my mouth to argue. "To sing something for me. Dressed as an elf." I gaped at him.

"Okay." I laughed. "And what do I get if I do that from you?"

"What do you want?" He asked. I bit my lip and thought.

"I want you to draw me a tattoo." He looked at me. "Yep. I want it to be my mom's face the way she is now."

"Are you sure she'll let you get it?" I laughed.

"Probably not now. But later on I want to get it for her. If she's still here or not. She's still beautiful." He smiled and kissed me.

"I know babe. Just relax. I'll do it. Do you want me to do it from a picture or in person?" He asked like I knew what the difference was.

"Which ever you want hun." I took his ungloved hand. "Where are your gloves?" I asked him.

"In my pockets. Is she working today?" He asked, pulling his gloves onto his hands.

"She should be off by now." I smiled.

"So I'll just get my stuff and go home with you." He smiled, taking my hand again. Swung our arms between us, making him laugh.

We walked outside and I instantly gasped. It was snowing, thick white flakes falling to the ground. "Oh wow." Gee kissed me suddenly, making me jump.

"Sorry. I've never got the chance to kiss you in the snow." I smiled up at him.

"When did you get so tall? I asked, touching his cheek. Snow was clinging to his short black hair.

"When you got short." He kissed my wrist and held my hand again. "Let's go." He started down the sidewalk.

"Gee careful there's-" he was already on the ground, his hand ripping out of mine. "Ice." I reached out to him. "Oh hun are you okay?" I asked holding back laughter.

He laughed loudly, grabbing my hand and pulling me down on top of him. "I'm fine." He kissed me quickly.

He stood first, pulling me to my feet. "I'm sorry." He said out of nowhere. "Again."

"For what?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You didn't get a chance to try out for the gymnastics team." His hand tightened on mine.

"It's okay hun." I sighed. "I'm too busy anyway. Especially now that I have to watch after mom."

"Yeah. Still, it's too bad. You would have been great." He kissed my forehead. "You know what we should do for Christmas?"

"Hm?" I asked, looking up at him.

"We should have everyone get together. You, me, Mikey, our moms and see if Mitch would want to come over." I smiled at that.

"That would be nice." I smiled. I actually pictured it in my head. "Giant jam session!" I shouted suddenly, making him jump.

"Yeah." He laughed. "Exactly." He smiled.

"Gee?" I looked at him. He looked down at me.

"Yeah?" He looked nervous.

"If I play, will you sing for me?" He looked confused.

"You mean like a duet?" I smiled.

"Kinda. I've heard you sing a little before, but not a full song just for me."

"And you'll play the guitar while I sing?" He asked. I nodded. "Okay." He bit his lip. "What song?" He asked softly.

"You can choose. All I have to do is find the sheet music to it. And that's not hard, considering it was like the first full songs I ever had sheet music too." He smiled down at me. "You know what I mean." He laughed at that.

"Yeah I know." He laughed softly. "How about Silent Night? I mostly know the words." He shrugged.

"No problem. And I don't even need the sheet music for that." I smiled. He smiled back and handed me my bag. "I'll be right back." He kissed my cheek.

I stood under the bare tree and looked up. Snow fell on my cheeks and clung to my eyelashes. I heard the snap of a camera and looked to see Gee without his gloves on, an old fashioned camera in his hands and his art bag slung over his arm. "Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?" He asked, waving the picture until it developed.

"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrows. He handed it to me, putting his gloves back on. I stared at it.

It didn't even look like me. It looked like a staged picture with a fake tree and fake snow. "There's no way I looked like that." I handed it back to him.

He slipped it into his bag. "You did babe." I rolled my eyes at him. "Take your coat off for a second if you don't trust me."

"If it'll get us home..." I sighed, taking of my coat and gloves. I handed it to him and he put my gloves in his pocket and hung my coat over her arm. "Now what?" I held back a shiver.

"Stand just like you were while I was upstairs." I folded my arms behind my back and looked up through the tree. There was another snap and he handed back my coat and gloves. I put them on quickly.

He waved the second picture and showed it to me. My face grew red when I realized he wasn't lying. "Well lets get going before we freeze." I started to walk. He caught my hand and stopped me.

"I told you so." He smiled. "You could be a model if you wanted." He poked my nose.

"Shhh..." I grabbed the fold over of his coat and got onto my toes. "We're not talking about this." I kissed him.

He took my hand as we walked. "Mom, I'm home! And Gee's with me!" I called out.

"Just a second kids! I'm changing. My skirt got a tear in it when I dropped the stapler remover." She sighed from her room.

"Okay." I took off my coat and hung it up. I took Gee's bag and took his coat off of him, putting it with mine. "Hey mom, can you help us with something?"

"What is it dear?" She asked opening her door. She came out in a thick sweater and black slacks. She looked amazing as ever though.

"Gee has to do a project for art about bravery. He wants to do a portrait of you." I smiled at her. Her cheeks went bright red.

"Why me?" She bit her lip. I rolled my eyes.

"Why me she says." I ran my hand over her head. "Because you're the bravest person we know." I kissed the top of her head.

"Well what do I do?" She asked, looking up at me.

"I just need to take a picture of you to reference while I draw." He looked at me. I nodded and winked. "But I think it'd be cool to take a few of you two together." He caught me off guard.

"Oh that's a great idea Gerard!" Mom beamed. I put my arms around her shoulders and hugged her. Gee snapped the camera.

"Okay... I wasn't posing." I said to him.

He smiled. "Exactly." He handed mom the black picture. Our image faded into focus. It looked amazing.

"Why must you be so damn artistic?" I sighed. Mom say the picture next to her on the couch. I flipped over the couch and sat next to her.

"Hey mom when he's done, can you take a picture of us? Well, two?" I asked. She nodded. "Thank you." I kissed her cheek. There was another snap.

"Is he always like this with his camera?" She asked, a smile pulling at her shiny lips.

I grinned back. "Sadly." I sighed. There was another snap. "If I didn't love him, it'd be in the toilet."

Mom laughed. "Now just one of you Natalie." I slid away from mom. She beamed at Gee's camera. There was one snap and he smiled back. "Perfect."

"Your turn Mr. Snapshot." She held her hand out for the camera. He handed it over and switched places with her. I slid back in next to Gee and took his hand, looking at the lens. We held the same pose for the second picture which took a second after the first.

Mom handed them both to me and I handed one to Gee. He smiled at his and kissed my cheek. "Is there a timer on this?" Mom asked, handing it too Gee.

"Yeah..?" He looked at her.

"I want a picture of the three of us." She smiled.

"Me too." I gave Gee the sad eyes. He sighed and started to play with the camera. I smiled and pulled mom down next to me.

"Okay so I'm setting it to take three shots repeatedly. We just have to hold still." He positioned the camera on the table and sat next to me. "Ready... We have five seconds after I push the button." I nodded and smiled. Mom was beaming next to me.

He pushed the button and sat back, a smile on his face. There was three rapid snaps and he sighed. "It'll just take a minute now to develop all three..." The first popped out and he took it in his hand. He handed it to mom, who waved it. The second he handed to me.

I waved it while he took the third and waved it. Once all three were done, we held them together. "Aw!" Mom smiled and kissed Gee's forehead. "I love it dear."

"Me too." I kissed him quickly.

"I don't. Next to my model girlfriend and pretty mom I look like a troll." I grabbed his face and made him look at me.

"Do not." I kissed his nose. "She is pretty." I kissed his forehead. "And I'm not a model." I kissed his lips. "Besides, it's not like these are for anyone else."

He sighed. "I know, I know." He pulled my hands away from his face. "Do you want to go play in the snow?" He smiled at me.

"Sure." I kissed Mom's cheek and stood up. "We'll be in the backyard mom." She nodded and flipped on the TV to the weather channel.

I grabbed our coats and headed for the back door. I didn't care that I was still in my skirt. My legs were covered by my coat.

Gee pulled my coat shut, looking down at the buttons as I snapped his together. "I swear, you two really are like a married couple." I jumped at Mom's voice.

"Mom..." I sighed, shaking my head. She laughed.

"Be careful and watch out for ice." She grabbed a bottle of water and headed back to the living room. Gee and I shared a look and I opened the back door.

Snow blanketed the ground already and it still fell heavily from the sky. "Snowman?" Gee asked. I nodded and smiled.

He started rolling the bottom while I did the middle. "Do you ever feel like we're older that fourteen?" He asked suddenly.

"All the time. I feel like I'm way older." I said, lifting the middle up into place. We packed it together with the bottom. "I think it's all the stuff with mom going on."

"Maybe. But then why is it just us? Mikey still acts like he's thirteen. And you're turning fifteen next week." He sighed. "But it feels like we should be older than we are. Not fourteen but maybe nineteen." He said, putting the head on the snowman.

"I know." I sighed. "Maybe it's cause we're together." He looked at me. "We've been through a lot together, Gee." I held his hands, feeling the snow melting into our gloves.

"And I wouldn't change that. Ever." He kissed me, pulling me against him. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I sighed. "Which is why I have to do this." I stuffed a handful of snow down his shirt and ran across the yard.

I successfully started a snowball fight.




So it's really lateand I'm about to passout.
So R+R and all that.

Hugs and Pickles,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story