Categories > Celebrities > Motley Crue > My Heart's Like an Open Book

Ten Seconds to Love

by LaughingWhiteRaven 2 reviews

Category: Motley Crue - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-07-27 - 1387 words

1Original
Nikki's POV
“Where are you going?”
I had just woke up and Alex was already trying to leave. She was almost out the door, with one hand on the doorknob and all her shit she had brought with her in the other. I figured this would happen; I had known her for a night and I already knew she would bail the morning after. I knew because that's exactly what I usually did.
She hesitantly took her hand off the doorknob and looked back at me; her bleach blond hair was a knotted mess, her eyeliner was smeared, and her light blue eyes were locked on mine. Even then, after about two hours of sleep and staying up most of the night, she was beautiful. God, listen to me, I sound like a fucking idiot. No girl has ever made me feel like that before. Especially after one night.
“Uh- My house?”
“Why?” I asked, “Didn't we talk about this yesterday?”
“Yeah, but didn't you say there was nothing wrong with just fucking girls and then having them leave?”
“Did I tell you to leave?”
“No, but-”
“Exactly.”
She looked confused. “You want me to stay?”
I furrowed my eyebrows. “Obviously?”
“Why?”
“Why are you so doubtful, Alex?” I didn't understand why it was so hard for this girl to believe that I liked her, but, looking back, I'd say it was hard for any girl to believe I liked them; I would fuck them and then make them leave. She'd obviously heard of my reputation.
“I don't know.”
“So will you stay? I'll drive you to your house, you can get ready, and I'll take you out to dinner.”
She thought for a moment. “Sure.”
I couldn't help but smile. “Great. Just give me a few, I'll go get dressed.”
I went upstairs and hurriedly got dressed in an Aerosmith t-shirt, leather pants, Converse and a leather jacket. I teased my hair and grabbed my keys and wallet before making my way downstairs, where Alex was standing in the same place she was before, right in front of the door.
“Ready?” We went out to my car and I drove to her house, which was just a few minutes down the road. She lived in a small house right next to the Motley House, the place Vince, Tommy and I lived when we played the Whisky. All the houses around it were built the same shape and size, so being there was like being in the Motley House, only a thousand times cleaner.
She led me up to her room, which was covered with posters of Kiss, Aerosmith, the Sweet, the Runaways and David Bowie.
“Can we get married?” I asked, looking around at all the posters. She laughed as she went through her dresser, eventually pulling out an Alice Cooper t-shirt, Converse and leather pants.
“I'll be out in a sec.” She said, going into the bathroom. She closed the door and within a few minutes, she came out fully dressed, her hair teased almost as much as mine and her makeup done perfectly.
She was about to say something when the phone rang. She sat on the bed next to me and took the phone off the receiver.
“Hello? Oh, hey Duff.”
Duff McKagan? They knew each other?
“Uh, no, I can't today. I've got... plans.”
Wait, I thought. She's not... With Duff, is she?
“Nothing, I'm just hanging out with Joan. Tomorrow?” She looked at me; I mouthed the word interview.
“Uh, yeah, I'm free tomorrow. Canter's Deli at three?”
She probably thought I was lying to her about the interview thing, which, once again, would normally be something I would do. But it was different with Alex, kind of like when I was with Lita. I liked being around her.
“Okay, see ya then.” She hung up the phone.
“Wait, uh... You and Duff aren't...” I didn't really want to finish the sentence.
She laughed. “Oh God, me and Duff? No, never. I grew up with him back in Seattle, there's no way I would date him. Even if I was, why would you be here?”
I shrugged; I had been with plenty of girls before who cheated on their boyfriend with me. I thought the same with Alex and Duff, because girls like her don't last all that long in Hollywood. Girls like her, meaning hot musicians.
“Are you ready to go then?” She asked.
“Yeah.”

Alex's POV
We went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant in the middle of Hollywood. After dinner we went to a party at Tommy's house, got drunk, and that was all I remembered until I woke up the next morning at Nikki's.
I stood and pulled on my leather pants from yesterday, searching for a clock; there was one on Nikki's nightstand, and it read 3:00.
“Fuck!”
Nikki's breathing changed, signaling he was awake, and his eyes fluttered open slowly.
“Fuck what?” He said groggily, stretching.
I was in Nikki's house wearing nothing but leather pants, I needed to go home and take a shower, and I was supposed to be at the deli with Duff right now.
Fuck.
“I'm supposed to meet Duff at the deli at three. It's three now.”
I pulled on my shirt and bra as Nikki got out of bed and pulled on his leather pants. I went downstairs and was almost out the door when Nikki stopped me. “Are you going to be okay?” He asked skeptically.
“Yes Nikki. I'll survive.”
He softly kissed me goodbye for a few moments. “So I'll see you-”
“Tomorrow.” I finished. He nodded.
“At the Rainbow at six?”
“Sure.”
We said goodbye and I went back to my house, got changed, and managed to get to the deli at three fifteen.
“Hey sorry I'm late I- overslept.”
Duff raised his eyebrows at me quizzically. “Overslept? Not trying to be nosy, Alex, but I've heard about you and Nikki.”
“What can I get you guys?” The waitress, who I hadn't noticed walking up, asked.
“Coffee.” Duff and I said together. She bit her lip, looking at Duff.
“I've never seen you here before. Are you new?”
“Uh, yeah- I'm from Seattle.” He said a bit awkwardly.
“Really?" She smirked. "Well, maybe I can show you around some-”
“Can you just go get the fucking coffee?” I said, a bit too harsh. I couldn't help it; everywhere I went with Duff, some girl would hit on him. It would get annoying, especially when you're trying to have a conversation.
She glared at me and, after smiling sweetly at Duff, walking away.
“How do you know?” I asked.
“Everyone knows. I heard it from Izzy, so what does that tell you?”
“You talk to Izzy?”
He sighed. “Yes, Alex, I talk to Izzy.”
The waitress returned with two cups of coffee and sat them down in front of us, leaving after flashing another fake smile at Duff. I rolled my eyes, pouring sugar and creamer into the coffee.
“What did he say about it?” I asked, taking a sip of coffee.
He sighed. “Alex, please tell me you don't still like Izzy.”
I choked. “What? No, not at all!”
“Then why do you care so much about what he thinks?”
“It's just a damn question, Duff. Besides, he's with Adriana, I'm- seeing Nikki.”
“Is that the only thing holding you back?”
I sat my coffee down angrily. “No, Duff, it isn't. I like Nikki. A lot. I don't give a shit about Izzy Stradlin anymore.”
He shrugged, taking a sip of coffee. “Alright.”
I sighed. “I'm sorry. I just- I don't even know. He frustrates me.”
“It's alright, I get it. I shouldn't have said anything,” He paused. “Listen, I'm going back to Seattle in about a month or two to see mom. Do you want to go with me?”
Duff and I were so close when we were younger that I was almost always at his house; his family had basically adopted me, and I even called his mother my own. His father left when Duff was younger.
“Sure, I'd love to see her again.” I said. We talked for a while more before we parted. Duff went to a party at Slash's, whilst I went to a concert at the Troubadour with Joan Jett.
Sign up to rate and review this story