Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Ten - Figures.

by MCR-99 0 reviews

How far would you go to save the one you love? That is the question Kellin recieved, that rainy afternoon.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-07-27 - 1101 words

0Unrated
Chapter Ten - Figures

After a brief hour or so of interrogation, Kellin sat in the middle of his daughter's room, which was torn apart in the father's brave attempt to search for the missing child. His face had fresh tear stains, and he didn't exactly look like the knight in shining armour of a father, did he? Sat around the teary-eyed 27-year-old was the letter he had recieved earlier the day before the 13-year-old child went missing, and the newspaper clipping he'd also briefly spotted that day as well. Kellin first picked up the envelope containing the written wonders, and read through the package again.

"When the parents arrived home from church," Kellin's voice was shaky, choked sobs bursting through as he read. "The children were nowhere to be seen. They searched and called for them, they cried and begged. Yet it was all to no avail. The children were never seen again." Kellin slowly processed the information that this cryptic piece of writing held, before setting the paper down, and checking the envelope for any other clues, and the envelope spat out a locker ticket to Grand Central Station's lockers, number 302 in row 17. Kellin quickly stuffed the ticket in his pocket, before picking up the newspaper clipping from that day, reading the cover story about the Danny Queen murder.

Origami Killer Strikes Again?

Found earlier this morning at 6:30AM was the body of 13-year-old Danny Queen, a child who has been missing for the past week. Danny seemed to have been drowned, per the coroner's words, as there was not one murder weapon found on the scene of the crime. The visual picture of the body, found earlier today, shows a white orchid flower placed neatly on the chest, and an origami figure placed in the boy's palm. Rumours fly that this could be the work of the infamous Origami Killer, working behind bars, as it seems, after the apprehension and arrest of the original killer, Arthur Way, back in 2010. More on this story as it develops.


Beside that newspaper clipping was also the newspaper clipping from the day Sadie went missing, but Kellin decided to pass it by, and find out what this locker ticket meant. Kellin rose from the cross-legged position on the floor, and made his way downstairs, nearly blinded by the flashing bulbs of the many reporters hoping to get a scandal from the 'greiving father'. Kellin considered all of his options for escape, and then chose the back door to the house, which led to the alley running alongside the house, and allowed Kellin to quickly slip into the driver's seat and drive away without a hassle.

---

At Grand Central Station, one of the busiest train stations in the heart of L.A's metropolis, it was crowded and bustling with men, women and children, all eager to get home to their hungered families on the evening rush. Kellin took deep breaths, slowly walking toward the lockers, ignoring the ever-growing fear of compacted spaces, which he'd developed on the day of Copeland's death. Suddenly, the people froze, and Kellin heard the scared, innocent voice of his deceased daughter, noticing the same balloon he'd bought for her that very same day.

"Daddy! I'm over here!" Copeland echoed in the silent, still station, and Kellin made a hasty bid to get to her, to see if she was real, only to watch her dissapear and re-appear ten metres away, which resulted in the frozen bodies to drop quickly to the ground as Kellin tried harder to get to his phantomed daughter, who was only a hallucination ; an enigma of Kellin's phycologically ill mind.

The station was soon back to its reality, and Kellin found himself before the entrance to the lockers, and an old woman staring at him rather strangely as he entered the large room filled with over two dozen lockers, all of them both compact and empty, except for the lucky locker Kellin managed to find. This locker contained a single cardboard box, possibly used to store shoes. Kellin took the box out the locker, refusing to open it until he got someplace safe, other than his run-down shack of a home.

--

Kellin considered many options of places to rest his head for the night, and chose the motel on the outskirts of town, with the flashing neon sign of "Misery Motel", which Kellin thought was a good enough name, judging by the look of the place. The sign didn't exactly work properly, and the condition of the room he was staying in was, to say the least, quite messy. Kellin sat in the old arm chair in the corner of the room, eye fixated on the box that sat on the desk, quietly begging to be opened and viewed of the contents it bore inside. Kellin obliged to the silent pleas of the box, and walked over and took the lid off the top, shaking out the contents to reveal five folded origami figures, a phone with a chip baring his name, and a handgun. Kellin decided to check the phone first, so connected the chip to the jack of the phone and stared blankly at the tiny screen, before widening his eyes at the visual he was seeing.

Stood in a drain, with a ship's horn blaring in the background, stood little Sadie Quinn, her face drooped with misery, as she desperately called her father's name, voice sounding hoarse from the calling she'd done repeatedly before the box was found. The rainwater looked to be around her ankles, and Kellin got a good look before the screen went back and an eleven-lettered, thirty-five-worded sentence popped up on the little screen.

How far would you do to save the one you love?

A/N: And, I'm back with the next installment with this story! I know I've taken an extremely-long-and-gruelling hiatus from this, but I am determined to carry on with this story, and make it amazing for you all. I am going to update the next installment, after I get at least five reviews, or make this and the other chapters green. I want five reviews on the other chapters (those that already have five, you may leave.) as well. So, if you want a new chapter, go rate and review! I am pretty proud of this story, this is my first grasp on murder-mystery/horror, and I want it to be remembered. Plus, after this, will be my last mention of band members/self-inserts for a while, I'll still do them, just not as much. Peace and Cookies, XO Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story