Categories > Original > Poetry > Slender

Slender

by TheAsylum 0 reviews

*Trigger Warning*

Category: Poetry - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-07-23 - Updated: 2013-07-23 - 470 words

0Unrated
My name is Juliana and I'm 25 years old. I lead a normal life. I live alone in an apartment complex just across the street from an old coffee shop where I spend most of my time. I've got brown hair that falls down to my knees and hazel eyes.
Today was just like any day. I got out of bed and shut my laptop, it was another sleepless night. I was drowsy as hell but I could never sleep no matter how hard I tried. I stumbled out of my bedroom and into the kitchen. Coffee was the only thing on my mind now. As I stepped through the small archway to the kitchen I noticed a black piece of paper sitting on the center of my table. It was blank. I picked it up and looked at the backside of the torn sheet.


She's standing in the mirror.



I read it aloud. I was completely confused how it got here and where it came from. Was someone in my house? I didn't see anything missing so I didn't think much of it. I tossed the torn sheet of paper away. As I did I felt a tall slender figure looming over me. It whispered something. It was very faint but I was just able to make it out."""

The damage she's accessed."""


At that moment I felt ill. The figure behind me now had its hands around my throat. It was just a light grip but I still felt as if I had to take deeper breaths. By now I was a mess. I was scared for my life. I didn't know what was going on. All I knew was this thing wasn't human. I had a bad feeling.
It was still mumbling with its arms around my neck a few seconds later. By then I've figured out this thing was a woman and she was disfigured. I was able to turn my head after awhile and when I saw her, I wasn't so afraid anymore. I was shy, as the taller, slender woman was new to me, but she was so inviting. She removed her hands from my neck, and just as she did she raised her voice only slightly. I could finally make out more of what she was saying."""

She's happy at the progress."""


"I don't understand." I said to my new friend.
She grinned and pulled the long black hair that covered her body like a blanket back to show her bony body. She leaned in next to my ear. "Beautiful" She whispered. And in that moment I understood that I was about to make a mess of myself and I was going to love it."""

She's standing in the mirror.
The damage she's accessed.
She's happy at the progress.
She's a beautiful broken mess.
"""
Sign up to rate and review this story