Categories > Original > Horror

Basement Walls

by BipolarUnicorn 2 reviews

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-05 - Updated: 2013-08-05 - 842 words

0Unrated
"Erin, wake up! Please!" The little girl cried, pushing at her brothers sleeping body. "I had a nightmare!" She whined still shaking her brother. Her light brown hair was knotted and sticking up in every direction. Tears dripped out of her hazel eyes and she whined at her brother. He was groaning and rolled over. Julia ran to the other side, practically tripping over her nightgown.

Erin blinked, he sat up and rubbed the sleep out of the identical hazel eyes. "What do you want Julia?" He asked sleepily and yawned, scratching his dark brown hair. Julia whimpered from her she was on the edge of his bed.

"I had a nightmare," She sobbed. Erin smiled softly at her and picked up his fiver year old sister of the floor, putting her next him in his bed. He shushed her and held Julia tightly in his arms, he started to rock her to sleep. But to get her to sleep fast, Erin began to sing to Julia.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word. Mama's gonna buy a mocking bird.
And if that mocking bird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring."
If the diamond ring turns to brass-"

Erin had stopped singing when he heard something fall down the stairs. Julia jumped and looked at Erin with scared eyes.

"E-Erin, what what that?" He looked at his sister in his arms and shrugged. He set her down and got off the bed.

"Wait here babe," He said. Erin got up and slipped on his slippers. Picking up his video camera, he stepped out if his room and tiptoed down the hallway. He reached the stairs and descended down them. He saw pictures of his family on the ground and broken glass surrounding the bottom of he steps. scanned the room with his video camera and filmed. The top of the stairs squeaked, Erin spun around on his heel seeing Julia standing at the top if the steps.

"Julia I told you to wait!" He whisper yelled. She started coming down the steps, "No Jules, there's glass, don't come down any farther."

"But I can't find mommy or daddy. I thought you said they would be home soon," Erin sighed, he hiked back up the stairs and went down to Julia's level.

"They will," He picked up Julia and rested her on his hip. Looking across the room he squinted and saw the digital clock on TV read, 3:21. He sighed and walked over the glass and got himself and his sister on ground level. The video camera was still rolling as he looked through his house. Glancing at the camera screen he saw the television on. When he looked up the screen was still black.

"Hold on a sec, Jules," He set his sister down and moved closer to the television. The screen was nothing but static.

He shuffled towards the television. Once he got in front of it, it shut off. A vase flew right in front of his face and shattered on the wall. Julia began to scream, Erin spun around and dashed over to his sister but before he reached her something tugged on his ankle sending him crashing to the wood floor. Julia ran over to her brother and kneeled down in front of him.

"Erin, a-are y-you okay?" She whimpered. Erin nodded as he stood. He scanned the room with his video camera. Through his lense he saw someone standing in his kitchen. The black mass moved closer until Erin saw it was right in front of them.

"Julia, go back behind me." He felt his sister behind shuffle behind him and hold onto the back of his shirt.

Erin dropped his camera and saw a man stood in front of him. He came into the light of the moon that shone through there blinds. The man that stood in front of him was bloodied and bruised.

"Dad?" Erin whispered.

A demonic voice came through, "Your dad isn't here anymore."

In an instant the man took a knife out of his coat and raised in to Erin's throat, he pressed the blade into his skin blood pouring out. Erin hissed in pain, but before the pain started it ended. He collided with the floor, Julia stood there staring at her brother body before gazing over at the man. Her jaw slacked to the floor. He held out his hand to her, Julia stepped over the body and took it.

The next morning police knocked in the door, he saw Erin's heap of a body on the floor. They came to tell the kids that their mother had been murdered. The searched the whole house for the father and daughter. Once they had set an iit up as a crime scene, they checked the whole house. Going down to the basement the only thing that they found was writing on the wall;

THE CHILD IS MINE.

This is honestly the first time I wrote horror, its didn't turn out at well as I thought it would.
Sign up to rate and review this story