Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Surrender the Night

Bang Bang...You're Dead

by Chemical_30 3 reviews

Gerard encounters a problem. Glass shatters...and he watches as he falls to the floor.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-08-05 - 1546 words

0Unrated
Chapter 7:

A few more days passed before Gerard heard from Frank again. This time it was through an email. Gerard glanced at the message, I have a plan. There are a group of apartments on the corner of 10th and Amethyst. I am in room 42C. Meet me there tomorrow at 12 PM. Gerard groaned and ran a nervous hand through his hair, tomorrow was the date that Lindsay had her last doctor’s appointment before she was to give birth; and the appointment was scheduled for 11.

Gerard chewed on his lip; he didn’t see how it was possible that he attend both. Gerard began to write a message back to Frank, 12 doesn’t work for me. Is there any other time you can meet?

He waited for about five minutes before Frank responded, No. 12 is the only time I am available. It is important that we speak. Mikey’s time is almost up Gerard.

Gerard shook his head; he didn’t know what to do. Ray looked across from his partner and saw the distress on his face. “Gerard what’s wrong?”

Gerard’s eyes snapped over from the screen to his friend’s confused face, “Oh it’s nothing.” He lied.

“Obviously not Gerard, what has been up with you lately? Is everything okay with you and Lindsay?” Ray continued to ask.

“Yeah, everything is great. I guess I’m just nervous about the baby.” Gerard shrugged.

“I’ve been in this job for years; I can tell when someone is lying to me.” Ray wasn’t going to let this go. His partner had been acting strange for too long.

Gerard glanced around nervously before sighing, “I think I need some air. Care to join me?”

Ray nodded and followed Gerard out of the precinct and they both sat on a bench. Gerard took a deep breath and said, “I’m working on getting him back Ray.”

Ray cocked his head, “Who back?”

“Mikey.” Gerard answered.

“Oh…Gerard, you know…” Ray started but Gerard cut him off sharply.

“This isn’t another false lead Ray. This is real. And Mikey is running out of time.” Gerard stated.

“What do you mean…running out of time?” Ray questioned.

“They’re going to kill him as soon as he turns eighteen. That’s less than a month from now.” Gerard explained.

“How do you know all this?” Ray asked.

“A man came to me with information, at first I didn’t believe him, but he showed me a picture of him. Ray this is real. I’m going to get Mikey back.” Gerard said.

Ray let out a deep breath, “Okay, why were you upset in there though?”

“The man, he wants to meet tomorrow at 12 but Lindsay has a doctor’s appointment at 11.” Gerard groaned, “We only have one car; and Lindsay needs to get to the appointment and there is no other time that the man can meet me.”

“I’ll take Lindsay to her appointment if you want.” Ray offered.

“Really? Thank you so much Ray.” Gerard smiled weakly.

“But Gerard, be careful with this guy. When the time comes and you’re going to save Mikey; you’re gonna need back-up.” Ray stated.

“Ray I don’t know how dangerous it’s going to be. I don’t want you risking your life.” Gerard shook his head.

“There is no way I’m letting you do this on your own. We’re partners and partners have each other’s back.” Ray said.

Gerard continued to shake his head in disapproval, “I don’t know Ray. We’ll see okay?”

Gerard and Ray walked back into the station and got back to work. Gerard wrote Frank back saying that everything will work. Now he just had to tell Lindsay that he wouldn’t be the one taking her to the appointment.

The drive home seemed shorter to Gerard than it normally did; and when he pulled into his driveway he slowly exited his car and walked into the house. Lindsay had just finished up dinner and she smiled when she saw her husband enter the house.

“Hey honey you’re right on time.” Gerard smiled a small smile in return and sat down at the table.

“Everything looks great.” Gerard muttered.

“What’s wrong Gee?” Lindsay asked worried.

“Um…Lindsay…I won’t be able to take you to the appointment tomorrow.” Gerard cringed when Lindsay gasped.

“Why not? I have to go…Gerard this is the last appointment before I’m due.” Lindsay stated.

“I know…that is why Ray is taking you. I’m sorry Lindsay but something came up.” Gerard said trying to reason with her.

“What was it this time Gerard?” Lindsay snapped, “What can be more important than this?”

“I know you’re mad but….” Gerard started before Lindsay cut him off.

“Mad doesn’t even cut it. Gerard this is your baby too! I want to know what is so important that you can’t come.”

“I can’t tell you…you just have to trust me.” Gerard stated.

“How can I even trust you when you aren’t telling me anything? There is nothing to trust!” Lindsay barked, tears brimming her eyes, “Is this baby even important to you?”

“Of course she’s important to me! I’m sorry Lindsay that I can’t take you. I wanted to I really did. Please you have to believe me.”

Lindsay simply shook her head and got up from the table. Gerard watched as she walked into the bedroom, he heard the door slam shut. Gerard closed his eyes and put his head in his hands. Gerard prayed that everything would be over soon; he didn’t know how much more he could take.

That night he slept on the couch, Lindsay wouldn’t even let him in to retrieve his toothbrush from the bathroom. Gerard woke up early and brewed a pot of coffee; he cracked both his back and his neck in an attempt to stop the pain radiating from both of them.

The only time he saw Lindsay was when she had to walk pass him to get out of the house and into Ray’s car. He had tried to kiss her but she pushed him away. Gerard sighed and quickly changed into a fresh set of clothes and he begun the drive over to the apartments Frank had given him the directions for.

He parked his car and found room 42C; he knocked three times before Frank answered the door. Frank looked both to his right and to his left before allowing Gerard to step inside his apartment.

Frank’s apartment was nearly empty. A small couch and old TV sat in the main room and a small table with four chairs was all that was set up across from the kitchen. His walls were completely bare aside from a few cracks or left over nails from the last tenants.

“Would you like something to drink?” Frank offered.

Gerard nodded, “Water would be great.”

Frank went into the kitchen and filled two glasses with water and met Gerard back in the living room, Frank motioned for Gerard to have a seat at the table.

Gerard was the first to speak up, “So Frank what is the plan?”

Frank took a small sip of water before answering, “During the weekdays is when the warehouse is the most vulnerable, the business is only busy during the weekends.”

“Wait…business? What business?” Gerard asked.

Frank shook his head, “I really don’t think you want to know Gerard. Some things are better kept in the dark.”

“Frank what business are we talking about?” Gerard asked in a stern tone.

“Gerard…trust me you don’t…”

“Damnit Frank! Tell me!” Gerard shouted.

Frank took a deep breath, “Mikey…a-and the other kids…they are forced to do…things.”

Gerard looked at Frank apprehensively, “What things Frank?”

“Well some are forced to do drug runs…so if something goes bad they’re the ones to get hurt…and then others…well…they are forced to have sex with people.” Frank muttered his eyes glued to the table.

Gerard’s eyes widened and his mouth hung open, “Like prostitution?”

“More like sex slavery.” Frank answers, still not looking at Gerard. “I’m sorry Gerard.”

“No! Frank why haven’t you come forward until now? All those kids…Mikey…they were forced to do awful things while you just sat on your ass and did nothing! You could’ve saved them!” Gerard barked.

“I couldn’t go to anyone until I moved out on my own. My uncle used to keep me under lock and key! He still keeps a very close eye on me. That’s why I had to meet with you now, when no one is patrolling the apartments. I’m sorry Gerard, I really am. But we’re gonna get them out. You just have to listen to me.”

Gerard took a deep breath, “Okay…okay just tell me what needs to be done.”

Frank was about to talk when the window across from them shattered and Frank fell off his chair and onto the floor clutching his throat. Blood seeped through his fingers.

“FRANK!”
Sign up to rate and review this story