Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Saving Spencer Reid

Chapter 4

by Nuada 0 reviews

Please refer to chapter 1.

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-09 - 587 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reid entered his apartment and turned on most of the lights. He really did hate the dark and so he tended to spend as little time as possible in it. He turned on the coffee maker; he had a feeling that the night was going to be long and sleepless.

Once seated on his couch, with a cup of strong, black coffee and the envelope that Gideon left, he read it again. He didn't need to read it to know what it said, his eidetic memory made sure of that; he did it more because he wanted to see the penmanship that was all Jason; and he knew that as his eyes scanned over the neatly written words he would hear Jason's voice in his head. He unfolded the letter and began to read.

“I'm not sure why I'm writing this to you; maybe because I feel as though I owe you an explanation. It wasn't just the death of Sarah that made me do it; she was one factor in a slew of bad, horrific events. It was her, what happened to you, what happened to Morgan, and the fact that no matter how many we arrest there will always be more.

I also owe you an apology. You, Spencer, are one of the brightest and most talented men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I brought you into the BAU because I thought that was where you'd truly shine. I hope that this unfortunate event doesn't taint that. I know that wherever you decide to go and whatever you decide to do you will be an asset to that team.

I don't want you to blame yourself for what happened. There was nothing you could have done that would have prevented it or changed my mind. I hope that you've been spared having to see my body, if not then I'm sorry. It was never my intention to become another monster in your closet, if that is what has happened I am deeply sorry for that.

I will try to answer all of the questions that you have. The main one is probably why. I couldn't take it anymore. I thought this place would be the most appropriate, so now this quiet little cabin is yours. I have no surviving relations; so I gave you everything that I held close.

Take care Doctor Reid. I hope that you are better equipped to deal with the monsters then I was. If you take nothing from this take the fact that it was a pleasure to know you and work with you. I am so proud of you.

Sincerely,
Jason Gideon

By the time that Spencer finished reading the letter he had tears making their way down his face. When he had originally opened the letter; there had been a small key on a chain. He knew that the key was the master key to the cabin and he wore a key that was similar around his neck on a chain.

He let the letter fall from his hand and flutter to the floor. He curled up on his couch, hugging himself and crying. Nothing made sense anymore. For the first time in a long time he wished that Tobias had killed him.

He cried silently not like his neighbours would have cared if he screamed at the top of his lungs. He had the sneaky suspicion that no one would care. He didn't remember falling asleep but he awoke to his cell phone ringing.
Sign up to rate and review this story