Categories > TV > Criminal Minds > Saving Spencer Reid

Chapter 6

by Nuada 0 reviews

Please refer to chapter 1.

Category: Criminal Minds - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-08-09 - 406 words - Complete

0Unrated
Aaron sat in his office, one hand in a fist under his chin, the other occupied with a pen as he attempted to write the report on Dr. Reid's performance since Gideon's death. He was thankful for the knock on the door when it came.

Morgan walked into the Unit Chief's office, a somber expression on his face. "I need to talk to you."

Hotch put the pen down giving Morgan his full attention. "About what?"

"Reid. I know that it usually works best to let him come to you, once he's come to term with everything that has happened. But given his history and his past behaviour when it comes to anything traumatic, this could take awhile. Isn't there anything you can do?"

Hotch had already known that if anyone from his team was going to approach him about Reid it would be Morgan. "You know as well as I do, if you try to push Reid into telling you anything he'll close up and refuse to talk about it. The only thing that we can do is try to encourage him to open up. If he chooses not to, as a result he falls apart then we'll be here to help him with the pieces."

Morgan nodded his head. He agreed with everything that Hotch had said and he knew that it was true. They had to let Spencer come to them, much like they had when he was addicted to Delaudid and they were hoping that he was not planning on going back to that. "Do you think that there is anything that we can do?"

Hotch ran his hand through his hair. "I don't think that there is anything that can be done. Reid needs to figure things out on his own; when he does we need to make sure that he knows that we are here for him."

Morgan didn't like what Hotch had to say but he knew that he was right. He knew that he had to help Reid somehow. He had to make him see that although Gideon had his problems, those problems and the way that he'd chosen to deal with them was not a reflection on Spencer. He had to make Spencer understand that Gideon didn't kill himself to get away from the young doctor out of disappointment. As he left Hotch's office, he shook his head. He just wasn't sure if he could do that.
Sign up to rate and review this story