Categories > TV > WWE

I Don't Want Easy

by tjsparkles 1 review

Chris drives all night to surprise the love of his life, who has no idea what he's doing. (Sabin/OC) For Rhiannon Leigh Black.

Category: WWE - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-08-11 - 1365 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Written after I heard Hunter Hayes' "Crazy" on TV earlier. Surprise fic for Robs. I hope you like it, sis! I couldn't resist writing this! I do not own any of the characters, or the song, which belongs to Hunter Hayes.

I’m booking myself a one way flight
I gotta see the color in your eyes

As far as ideas went, it definitely wasn’t the most thought out. And Josh knew that it would be a total shock to his fiancée when he showed up at her doorstep with no explanation, but it was a risk he was willing to take. After almost two and a half years of dating, waiting had become unbearable. Josh simply had to see his lady love. He needed to feel her touch, needed to feel her lips on his, needed to just be with her, whatever that entailed. He didn’t care if they were only able to be together for a few hours; he only cared about finally coming face to face with his love.

And telling myself I'm gonna be alright
Without you baby is a waste of time

Though Josh had a general idea of where Robin lived, and could probably get there pretty easily without actual directions, he’d still taken the liberty of using Google Maps. Josh had spent the better part of the morning memorizing the directions carefully, until he was confident that he’d be able to reach his desired destination. Tina, Robin’s best friend and Josh’s sister figure, had graciously offered to tag along with Josh and guide him to Robin’s house, and though Josh appreciated the offer, he needed to be alone on the extensive drive from Michigan to North Carolina. He planned to use the time to think and reflect on his relationship with Robin, as well as calm his nerves before he got there. The last thing Josh wanted Robin to see was his knees shaking and him shivering like a scared little boy.

He didn’t even know why he was so nervous, anyway; it wasn’t like he and Robin hadn’t been talking about this for years. They’d both planned down to the exact letter the way that their first meeting would go, and every single time they’d planned to meet up, something had happened. It was a definite textbook example of Murphy’s Law, and quite frankly, it was beginning to piss Josh off. So after he’d finished up the necessary press that he had to do for TNA, Josh had flown home, looked up the directions to where Robin lived, and immediately taken off before anyone could notice.

As he drove, Josh reminisced fondly. He remembered how nervous he’d been the first time he’d spoken to Robin—via Tina’s laptop, over IM. Josh chuckled as he remembered how he’d just peppered Robin with questions, not even caring about how she’d react or what she’d think. It was something he did when he was nervous. Of course, Josh had regretted his inability to keep his mouth shut later, but luckily, Robin had reassured him that she had found it cute that he was so interested in her.

Josh could remember the moment when he’d fallen in love with Robin, and when he tried to remember what his life was like before her, he found that it was very hard to do so. It felt as though the redhead had always been in his life, and Josh didn’t want to imagine a future without her. The two of them had heard a lot of snarky comments about their relationship and the speed at which it had moved, but neither of them cared. They didn’t want a conventional relationship, with rules and expectations. They were both spontaneous, impulsive people, and passionately in love. As Josh frequently said, screw what everyone else thought; the only thing that mattered was what they thought of each other.

But I don’t want “good” and I don’t want “good enough”
I want “can’t sleep, can’t breathe without your love”

Several hours later, Josh had arrived at Robin’s house. As he’d hoped, the trip had gone smoothly, without any problems. He hadn’t gotten lost, and made good time to boot. He’d only had to stop a couple of times to get gas, and though he was starving, Josh had decided not to stop. Food could wait; the only thing that was important to him right now was seeing Robin. He’d missed her so much, despite the fact that they’d never really met save for a brief encounter over a decade ago. Most people didn’t understand how you could miss someone that you’d never even met, but with each passing day, Josh continued to fall deeper and deeper in love with Robin, and spending even one more day without seeing her had become completely unbearable.

I’ve searched the world and I know now,
It ain’t right if you ain’t lost your mind
Yeah, I don’t want easy, I want crazy
Are you with me baby? Let’s be crazy

The Detroit native took a couple of deep breaths, in an attempt to calm his spastic nerves, and then knocked a couple of times on the front door. Each passing minute felt like hours, and Josh was just about to give up on the whole thing and mark it down as yet another failed attempt to get it together with Robin when he heard the front door open.

“Josh?” The expression on Robin’s face indicated that she was totally shocked to see her fiancé standing on her doorstep in the middle of the night, without even so much as a hint that he’d be coming to visit her. Josh couldn’t help smiling as he turned around and finally came face to face with the woman he’d been in love with for years. Her curly red hair was sleep tousled and she was bleary eyed, but that was to be expected. It was nearly 6 in the morning after all, and Josh knew that Robin would be sleeping when he arrived. Josh felt a tiny bit guilty for waking Robin up, but at the same time, he’d known beforehand that Robin really didn’t mind. She had been the one that said he could show up anytime he wanted, without any notice whatsoever.

“Hey, sweetheart,” Josh greeted. He pulled Robin into his arms and gave her a deep, fond kiss, relishing the sweet taste of her mouth for a couple of seconds before he pulled away. “I know you probably think I’m crazy, but I had to see you.”

“Did you fly, or…?”

“I drove all night,” Josh responded.

“How were you able to find me?”

“Google Maps,” the blue eyed male confessed, with a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, but I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“It was!” Robin answered, her face fixed in a beaming smile that Josh wished he could make permanent. “Come on in. I’ll make you some breakfast. Have you eaten?”

“Didn’t get the chance to. Didn’t wanna stop.”

“Yeah, no, you’re eating.” Before Josh could protest, Robin held up a hand. “And I won’t take no for an answer.” She slapped Josh’s thigh playfully. “Come on, Tiger.”

At the use of Robin’s pet name for him, Josh blushed.

“Okay. I won’t argue. And then I was hoping that you could show me around later? After you’ve
rested, of course.”

“Sure, I’d love to.” As they crossed into the kitchen, Robin shot a smile back at her fiancé.
“I’m so happy to see you, Tiger. I missed you.”

Josh chuckled and pulled Robin close again. He ruffled her hair gently and then placed a kiss to the top of Robin’s head.

“I missed you too.”

Yeah, I don't want easy, I want crazy
Are you with me baby? Let's be crazy
[//]
Sign up to rate and review this story