Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Five

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 1073 words

0Unrated
"What?" I asked, truly shocked. Someone is killing people and following us. "It's not like it's a coincidence, either right? We went through little towns mostly." I bit my lip.


"We don't think it is, Izzy. There's been talk about relocating you all and private schooling." He said, making me flinch.

"No. I won't let whatever is going on mess up our lives." I sighed. "I'll talk to the guys. We'll figure something out. But dad, until then, I think I should stay here."

"I don't know about that." He crossed his arms. I sighed.

"Dad, if anything were to happen with any of the guys, it would have already. And it would have been on the bus." His face went pale. "Nothing is going to happen." I swore to him. "We'll be careful. And I'll call you every day."

"I guess." He sighed heavily. "Just please be careful." He looked around. "I guess we should probably start moving you in." He bit his lip.

"What's going on?" Alex asked, a clean and dressed Thompson next to him. Thompson stared at my dad.

I saw his adams apple bob as he swallowed hard. Narrowing my eyes at him, I shook my head slightly. He blinked rapidly and turned away, walking down the stairs to the basement.

"Who is that?" Dad asked, his voice sharp.

"Alex's cousin. He's gonna be a roadie." I lied quickly. "Only Alex's aunt made him promise to let us live here."

"Oh." Dad huffed.

"Dad, may you should come in and explain." I backed up. He nodded.

Once I had everyone gathered, including a forewarned Thompson, we sat in the livingroom as dad explained the situation to everyone else.

Of course, we all had the same exact thought. I knew it instantly by the look on their faces. Except for Thompson, who wasn't humanized yet, they all had a blank face with fiery eyes.

Something was following us. Something inhuman. "Dad, I think you should go. If you're with us too much, whoever it is might come after you." I bit my lip. "I'll get my major things. School stuff, clothes, bathroom stuff..." I waved my hand.

"What are you going to tell Jack?" My jaw dropped.

"Nothing. Dad, don't say anything to Jack about this. He'll have a panic attack and kidnap me until he thinks I'm safe." Dad laughed. "I'm serious. Just let me handle Jack, okay?" He nodded.

"When are you coming here?" He stood up. I bit my lip hard.

"Now." I sighed. "The guys can help me move my stuff. I just have to pack." I followed dad to the door. "I'll call when it's time guys." I waved and walked with dad down the block. He was silent.

"Dad?" I asked, looking at his face. "It's going to be okay." I touched his shoulder. He sighed.

"I know. I know. I'm just worried about you." He opened the door. Once it was shut, he looked me dead in the eye. "Izzy, I want you to take this." He opened the drawer in the table we dropped our keys and pulled out a small hand gun.

"Dad..." I said, but he shoved it in my hand. "Dad, I don't need this."

"Take it. It'll give me some peace." I sighed and nodded. "Thanks. Now go pack." He said wearily.

I ran up the stairs and, once in my room, took off my ring. Packing was always easier with inhuman speed. I was done in minutes compared to an hour.


Once I put my ring back on, I grabbed my things from the bathroom and set it on my bag. I grabbed my cell out of my pocket and texted Andy.

The second I'd gotten my boxes at the bottom of the stairs, there was a knock on the door. Dad opened it and let the guys in.

Without instruction, they grabbed a box each, leaving me carrying my pillows. Dad was watching with sad eyes. "I'm just down the street dad." I hugged him. "If you need anything, call." I smiled at him.

"Be careful. You have it, right?" I nodded, knowing he meant the gun. "Good. Don't go anywhere without it."

"I won't." I lied. I don't need this. But I couldn't tell him why I didn't. So I would lie and make him feel better. "Love you dad. Be careful, okay?"

"I will." He nodded, understanding the situation. If he didn't, there was no way in hell he'd let this happen. I waved and shut the door behind me.

"Freedom." Andy whispered in my ear.

"War." I breathed. The guys ahead of us nodded, totally silent. "Who do you think it is?" I asked, looking at Andy.

"Not Arthur. He wasn't planning any kind of attack. As far as I was aware." Thompson said as we walked.

They'd left the door open, making it easy for us to carry everything in. "I'll take the spare room in the basement." I said, kicking the door shut behind me.

"There's no bed." Andy said, looking over his shoulder at me. I shrugged. "No. Take my room. I'll take the spare room."

"Andy, no. It's fine. I'll get all my things here eventually. Bed included. But if it knots your panties, I'll sleep on the couch." He opened his mouth, but I covered it with my hand. "Relax. I know what I'm doing."

He sighed and kissed my palm. "Okay." He nodded. "It's just..." He shook his head.

"I know." I kissed his cheek.

"So what are you going to tell your little boyfriend?" Matt joked, making Thompson almost drop the box he had.

"Jack?" I asked, knowing instantly who he meant. "I'll think of something. It'll probably be along the lines of our manager making us live together." I dropped my pillows on the couch. "And Thompson, I know what you were thinking. No."

He set the box on the floor by the wall and sat next to me. "No what?" He asked.

"No humans. The only thing you're allowed to feed from is other second generation or wild animals." His face went pale. "If you even go after a human, I won't hesitate to slice you down."

He nodded, his face blank. I put my hand on his knee. "If you need to go feed, take one of the others with you." I stood up. "And you have to remember to be human."
Sign up to rate and review this story