Categories > Original > Drama > To The End

Chapter Thirteen

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-07 - 1214 words

0Unrated
"You can't go in there!" I heard Matt his outside my door. But I was too warm and comfy in Andy's arms to care. And I was still half asleep.

The door flew open and hit the wall hard. I opened my eyes and saw Jack standing there, a scared Matt behind him. At first, I thought I was dreaming.

I smiled, happy to see him. "Hi." I sat up, pushing a still sleeping Andy's arms off of me.

"Hi?" He laughed. "I come in here to this!" He waved his hand at me. "And all you say is hi?" He asked, running his hand through his hair.

"What am I supposed to say?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. "We're both clearly dressed." I flipped the blanket off of Andy, exposing his fully clothed body and making him grumble. "Relax. We fell asleep talking."

"Talking about what?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"What to do with the house. How to make it look like someone actually lives here." I said softly. I stood up. "Let's up stairs and let him sleep." I shoved Jack and Matt back up the stairs.

"Izzy, please tell me the truth. Did anything happen last night with him?" Jack asked when we reached the top of the stairs.

"Aside from deciding the theme of hte bathroom, no. Nothing happened, Jack. I promised, remember?" I waved my pinkie around.

"Oh? What are we going to do with the bathroom?" John asked, always the neutral relief.

"We're either doing an orchard or a beach theme." I said, smiling at him.

"Well that'll be fun." He grinned back. I laughed.

"That's what I said!" Jack grabbed my shoulders and made me face him. "What?" I asked, smiling up at him.

"This is serious, Izzy. And you're acting like it's nothing." I sighed.

"Jack, it is nothing. You're making it into something." I hugged him. "Good morning and happy Saturday. Have you had breakfast yet? I should probably feed the masses." I headed to the kitchen. "Nobody here knows how to cook aside from me and Andy."

"Okay. I'll stay for breakfast." Jack followed me. "I'll help cook." He said. "Just tell me what to do." He stood in the middle of the kitchen.

"Go sit down." I pushed him out of the kitchen. "It's just breakfast. I got it." I smiled at him. John raised his eyebrows at me and followed Jack before I pushed him.

I sighed and got to work making breakfast. About half way through, my necklace started to throb. John, Alex, Matt and Thompson looked at me, their eyes knowing.

Something was coming. Andy appeared at the top of the basement stairs and looked at me. I nodded. "What's going on?" Jack asked, looking at all of us.

"Nothing. Just remembered we have a huge meeting with our manager in like ten minutes." I lied quickly. "She's gonna kill us!" I ran to the basement and threw on a pair of jeans and a shirt. "You can stay here, Jack. It won't take long, I promise! Please finish cooking?" I asked, shoving the guys out the front door and to the garage.

"Okay!" He called, shutting the front door.

"How long are you going to lie to the human, Isabel?" Thompson asked, looking at me. I opened the garage and we rushed into the van.

"Until I decide not to. It's not that I want to, I just don't know how to bring it up." I said, pulling out of the driveway and over the curb.

I sped down the street and around a corner into a wooded path. We got out and I locked up the van.

Once I had, I took off my ring and my necklace. We headed the direction I felt the breech and stopped at an empty beach.

A girl was looking out at the water, her eyes a white blue like ours. She sat on the sand, her legs pulled up to her chest.

After a moment, she looked at us. "It took you all long enough." She smiled at us. "Come join me."

"Mary?!" Thompson gasped. Her smile brightened at his outburst.

"Hi Thompson. I missed you." She patted the sand next to her. "Come here. It's nice."

I grabbed Thompson's arm. "Is she a threat?" I hissed into his ear. He stared at Mary for a long moment.

"I'll find out. I will protect you." He said softly. I nodded and let him go.

He sat next to her and the two had a hushed conversation. We waited tensely, clustered tightly together. Thompson finally stood up and came over to us, his face and eyes blank. "Well?" I asked.

His legs gave out and he fell to the sand. "She wants you to kill her, Isabel." He said,, his voice monotonous. I recoiled like his words were poison.

I looked at the girl, smiling peacefully out at the breaking water. Andy placed an anxious hand on my shoulder. "It's okay." I touched his fingers and went over to the girl. She smiled up at me as I sat down. "Why do you want to die?" I asked instantly.

"My mate was killed by Arthur. I don't want to be here without him." She smiled at me, her eyes dark with sadness.

"Are you sure?" I asked, rolling up the sleeve of my shirt. She nodded. I gave her my arm.

She took it lightly in her small hands and lifted it to her mouth. "Wait!" Thompson shouted, suddenly beside us. "Mary, there's other ways. You don't have to die!" He begged.

"Thompson, I was always fond of you." She touched his cheek lightly with her fingertips. "But I want to do this. I need to do this." She said, pushing him away.

Her teeth sank into my wrist, making me flinch at how sharp they were. She didn't take much of my blood before she coughed and lurched away.

I pulled her into my lap as she thrashed and screamed, punching me in the face and kicking up sand. After a moment, she fell silent, only able to thrash around.

I held her tightly, letting her hit me. My lip was split and I tasted my blood on my tongue. Under my arms, her body stiffened, her skin going grey and flaking away.

A long tear rolled down her cheek. Thompson was staring at her us, his face a mask of horror. I looked at him. "DId you not know what my blood does to someone else's second generation?" I asked bluntly, lowering Mary onto the sand.

He fell to his knees next to her, touching her face. It crumbled under the light pressure, leaving a flaky ash in its place. "Make a grave for her." I said, handing the guys flat sticks.

In less than a minute, they had a four foot deep hole dug. Carefully, I lifted what was left of Mary in my arms and lowered her into the hole. We covered her and jumped on the sand, packing it down.

Thompson was still looking at his fingers. I touched his shoulder, making him jump. "Come on. It's time to go home." He nodded and followed us.

I wonder if he understands the situation he's in now.
Sign up to rate and review this story