Categories > Original > Romance

Broken

by stashleyrocks 0 reviews

THIS IS MY ENGLISH HOMEWORK SO IT'S NOT ACTUALLY STASHLEY OKAY

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-09-17 - 466 words

0Unrated
Two years ago, everything was perfect. The house was full of life, filling every possible space with joy and energy. Ivory grew up the sides, making the house appear even more beautiful. Nothing could ever possibly go wrong with it, nothing else was as perfect as this. But two years later, everything was falling to pieces.

Stefan stood outside the burning house, watching the flames engulf it. The charred wood slowly burnt down to ash. The once loved house was falling apart...right before Stefan’s eyes.

“You can’t fix it” said Emma, moving to stand beside Stefan as she spoke.

“No, I don’t suppose I can” Stefan replied, tears starting to fall slowly down his face.

The flames climbed higher, tearing completely through the house. Both Emma and Stefan knew they had no hope in hell of saving it, or restoring it back to how it used to be. Things had gotten too bad.

“I’m sorry Stefan” Emma said, her voice almost a whisper, close to tears.

“Don’t blame yourself, this was my fault” Stefan immediately replied, feeling just as broken as the house before him.

Emma stared at the house, the home she had once loved.

She didn’t love it anymore.

The house used to be her safe place, full of joy, now she was itching to get away from it, dying to escape her own memories. She ached to be comforted by Stefan, but knew that he would never touch her again. All she wanted was to be pulled close to him, to be able to breathe in his warm comforting scent.

Stefan crossed his arms, mirroring Emma’s own action, stopping himself from reaching out to soothe the weeping girl.

He had finally stopped crying, and gave Emma a quick, emotionless glance.

“I guess I will go now” Emma said, her stare just as cold.

“Yes, that would be best” Stefan replied, forcing himself to keep from touching her in an attempt to soothe the girl he once loved.

He did not dare watch Emma walk away, instead choosing to watch the house finally become completely destroyed right before his eyes.

Ashley stood next to Stefan, silent.

“I did it” Stefan said, his voice slightly shaky.

“It was for the best Stefan, you can’t fix something that damaged” Ashley said, trying to soothe the broken man beside him.

“Oh go away Ashley, leave me alone for a while” Stefan said coldly, not wanting to hear another word spoken by his friend.

Ashley walked away, leaving Stefan to crumble by himself.

Stefan fell to his knees, tears falling as he watched a picture of him and Emma burn. He turned away at the last minute, not wanting to see the final pieces burn.

It was gone.

Forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story