Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Frost Bitten

To Celebrate

by lalatherapist16 1 review

The dance was in full swing...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-20 - 727 words

0Unrated
I sat beside the Hudson river, my chill licking over it and sending the merpeople scattering away. Behind me, a gathering of other fae were celebrating who knows what, their natural music jingling out of their bodies as they danced.

One of the hideous merpeople braved the ice, swimming up to the bank next to me. "Hideous creature." She snarled at me.

With a sigh, I pointed at her. She froze solid, sliding back into the water with a small cracking noise. The other merpeople laughed at her death and kept their distance. "Thalia." I felt his presence before I heard his voice.

Frank was walking up the river bank, his glamour shedding away as he got closer to us. I smiled at him and patted the ground next to me, freezing it with my touch.

"Hello." I kissed his cheek as he sat next to me. His bright eyes met mine. He sighed, a swirl of snow slipping between his black-blue lips. "Did it go well?"

"You could say that, yeah." He looked at the merpeople in the water, splashing each other. "I think it'll be easiest if I just disappear instead of say goodbye directly to everyone."

I took his hand in mine tightly. He smiled at me. "I'm sorry." I whispered. The merpeople laughed, splashing water at us. It froze in the air, clanking into the patch of ice in front of us. "That's it." I lifted my hand.

Without a second thought, I froze the whole river over a mile or so down each direction, the merpeople trapped under it. "I was getting ready to do that." Frank smiled at me, kissing my hand. "What are we gathered here for anyway?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at the celebration.

"Who knows?" I grinned, pulling him to his feet. "But let's join." I said softly. The dance was in full swing, fae dancing with each other or alone.

"I can't dance." He whispered in my ear.

"You can now. Just let yourself feel." I pulled him to a rather empty spot close to the throng, taking his hands in mine.

He started to move at the same second I did, our movements seeming to match each other's and at the same time not. The whole time we laughed and smiled.

When the sun peeked over the towering buildings, everyone scattered. The sun hit me and Frank, sending rainbows out across the ground. "We should go." I took his hand and led him away, back into the city. We didn't bother throwing on a glamour.

The fae would be resting somewhere dark aside from the light pixies who fluttered around in the early morning sun. The city was calm.

It would remind me of home if it wasn't so hot. Not risking the door to Frank's home, we blew in through the window.

His human was still asleep on the couch, totally naked. I didn't look too long. Frank threw a blanket over the man's bare body. "It went very well." I laughed softly. He rolled his eyes and looked around his living room.

"Do I need to take anything?" He asked, his voice weak. I shook my head. "Let's go home then." He sighed, looking at the man on the couch

"You love him." I stated. He nodded.

"I love you, too." He looked at me. I held my hand out to him.

He came to me and took it. "Humanity fades quickly. You'll forget everyone here." His eyes glistened. "It's for the best, Frank. We live much longer than they do." I squeezed his hand. "Your human life will feel like a dream. But if you want to remember what you were, I can remind you."

He shook his head and closed his eyes. "Let's just go." We climbed back out the window and shut it softly.

"I'll lead." I let my body turn into a cold wind. Next to me, his body changed too. We blew our way up North, headed back to our court.





Hey you guys! So it's really late and I was thinking 'Wow, I should really update this'. Instead of sleeping. When I have to work tomorrow. So I either love you guys too much or I'm a fucking . Or both.

Anyway, R+R and all that. I'm gonna go to sleep now.

Hugs and Break-ins,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story