Categories > Original > Humor > Inside the World of Cosplay

Inside the World of Cosplay

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-09-25 - 386 words

0Unrated
Okay guys! This is basically the introduction to a giant video series I'm going to be starting this Friday. It's basically an inside view on cosplay.

The whole reason I'm even doing this is that with all these shows coming out about cosplay and the geek realm in general, a lot of the truth gets lost. And some of the shows are about as real as WWE.

So, as a cosplayer with a majority of friends who cosplay, I feel the need to set a few things straight.

The usual questions :

Q : What is cosplay?
A : Cosplay is short for costume play, and it's the act of a fan choosing a character, replicating the character's outfit, hair, etc., and becoming the character for a short period of time.

Q : Is there a difference between anime and cartoons?
A : I don't know. Is there a difference between my foot up your ass and my foot not up your ass?

Q : How did you find out about all this anime stuff?
A : I've known since I was a toddler, but I've been cosplaying for four years.

Q : Do you have any friends?
A : Yes. They cosplay too.

Q : How hard can it be to make a cosplay?
A : It's only as hard as the cosplay itself.

Q : When do you sleep?
A : What is this 'sleep' you speak of?

Those are questions that almost all of my cosplaying friends and I get asked the most. It gets annoying answering them all the time, so there are the answers. PLEASE DON'T ASK THESE QUESTIONS AGAIN!

As far as the videos go, it will usually be me alone, but I will try to pull some friends along into it to answer your questions as well. There will be a set theme for each week, but I/we will be answering whatever questions you guys leave.

SO PLEASE LEAVE SOME! I will have a link to the first video up here Friday afternoon and please watch it and ask questions and spread it around.

If I can clear away some of the bad stereotypes of cosplay, it will make life so much easier for everyone involved.

I'll try to keep it light, but some subjects in the cosplay world are a little heavy. It shouldn't be like that, but it is.
Sign up to rate and review this story