Categories > TV > WWE

Lesson Learned

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Mistakes were made, lessons were learned, but CM Punk would never be able to get over the fact that he wronged the only woman he ever loved. CM Punk/OC.

Category: WWE - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-09-28 - 1010 words - Complete

0Unrated
He had really made a mess of things this time. He’d blown it and, in the process, effectively killed his relationship, and he had no one to blame for it but himself. CM Punk wasn’t a man with many regrets, and he’d always lived his life the way he wanted to, regardless of what other people thought or how it made them feel, but now he was beginning to wonder if maybe he hadn’t been wrong to ignore the advice people had given him over the years.

It was a well-known fact that CM Punk was to relationships like water was to oil. In the past decade, he’d had almost as many romances—some of them long-term, but most of them just passing flings. Commitment wasn’t in Punk’s nature, and he expected each girl that he became involved with to understand and respect that. And, for a while, it had worked. Punk had gained a reputation in the process, but for the most part, his relationships had always ended amicably.

Until he met her. Sweet-tempered and patient, she was the girl that had charmed him and stolen his heart. It wasn’t until Punk began dating her that he realized he’d never really loved another girl before. Punk wasn’t one to be mushy or romantic, but somehow, whenever he heard his girl’s voice or saw her face, he instantly felt better. He wanted to be the boyfriend he had never been for his ex-girlfriends, and especially for her. She was always so sweet and kind to him, more understanding of his nature than anyone else had ever been, and although she was just as stubborn and headstrong as Punk was sometimes, she really was special to him.

So then why did he have to go and muck it all up by going to not one, but two baseball games with a coworker of his? The first time had been bad enough, but the second, that one was unforgivable. Punk couldn’t recall his girl ever being so angry, or so hurt, than she had in those moments. The first time, he’d blatantly kept the game a secret from her, and the second time, he’d told her, but lied about who he was with. He didn’t even know why he’d done it. Maybe a part of him subconsciously wanted to mess up this relationship, because it was his first serious one. Maybe he really was just a dick and didn’t give a shit about how his actions affected her. Either way, it didn’t matter now. She was done, and she never wanted to hear from him again.

Punk knew that he had no other choice but to respect her wishes, but that was the last thing he wanted to do at the moment. He wanted to go to her, hold her, and tell her that he loved her and that he was everything she’d said he was—an asshole, an overbearing jerk, insensitive, and many other obscenities that he didn’t care to remember at the moment—because despite what he had done, and despite the fact that it probably seemed like he was just trying to worm his way back in, Punk loved her. He really did. He knew that he should have been honest from the get-go, and he knew that the excuses he’d made for his behavior were just lies to absolve himself of guilt. But he also knew that if she didn’t want to talk to him, there would be no chance of ever getting her to change her mind.

His phone was right there on the table; he could call or text her. He could throw himself at her mercy and beg forgiveness. He could promise, even swear to her, that he would never break her heart again, but even he didn’t know if it was a promise that he could keep. Punk had come to terms with the kind of person he was a long time ago, and he’d tried desperately to change for his girlfriend, but maybe the old saying was true. Maybe you really couldn’t teach an old dog new tricks.

And several states away, the former object of his affection was currently taking all of her anger and frustrations out on a punching bag. She knew that she had to keep her mind distracted, or else she would break down completely, and she was not going to let CM Punk know just how much he had hurt her. She was going to put on a façade of being a cold, uncaring bitch, and she was going to do it with a smile. Was forgiving him an option? Maybe so, but she had no intentions of doing so.

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I am not going to let you fool me again,” she muttered as she kicked the red punching bag, as hard as she could. Being strong wasn’t going to be easy, but fortunately, she had friends and family around her. Their strength, support, and love would see her through this difficult and trying time. No point in letting Punk see that he had shattered her heart completely and made her feel like a complete fool. If she showed even one ounce of weakness, Punk would pounce on it and use it to his advantage. He could be very manipulative that way. What had she been thinking? She should’ve known that a tiger can’t change its stripes. She had been extremely foolish in thinking that she could ever change him, but for some reason, she had believed that he would be different this time, with her.

Suffice to say, she had learned her lesson, and wouldn’t be making that mistake again. Never again would she let charm and bad boy looks influence her emotions. Never again would she be anyone’s victim.

Things were going to change.
Sign up to rate and review this story