Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Naruto : The Prince of Uzu

Chapter 8 : Team 7

by JohnnyDraven

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-08 - 2735 words

?Blocked
Chapter 8: Team 7




Naruto was heading toward training ground 7 (It was technically training ground 3). He had woken up early, showered, changed, and ate a healthy breakfast. He had three bento boxes sealed in his body and was whistling a happy tune. It was almost 5 in the morning and when he arrived at the field he found he was the first one there. Field 7 was a lovely place. It was spacious, with plenty of surrounding forest and a wide open field behind it. In the center were three training posts and directly in front of those was the memorial stone dedicated to all of the fallen Konoha shinobi. His parents names were among the countless thousands carved into the polished slab of granite.
Naruto sat behind one of the posts and entered into a state of meditation.

(Narutos Mindscape)
'drip, drip, drip' Dank water fell from the pipes that ran along the walls of the sewer that was his mindscape. When he thought about it, it seemed less a sewer and more an old boiler room. He waded through the shin high waters toward what would inevitably led to the central chamber. All paths led this chamber no matter what turns and hallways you took. Finally after a few moments he came to the large gates of the Shikki Fuujin seal. He could hear deep guttural growls coming from behind the gate, and could feel the KI (Killing Intent) full a great malevolence focused right on him. He showed no hesitation and no fear as got closer and closer to the massive gate. In truth Naruto had come here often since his time in Uzu. Everyday he came in at least once to chat with his tenant. It always ended the same though, the great fox would curse and berate the boy until he gave up.

"Hey Kurama." Naruto said as he stared into the black void. He received his reply in the form of the Kyuubi bashing into the cage and trying to reach Naruto with his massive claws. GRRR! BRAT I told you not to call me that! You have not earned the right to use my name! What the hell do you even want you sniveling little ingrate? Naruto didn't flinch, or show any sign of weakness or offense. "Im sorry "Almighty Lord of The Bijuu..." He said with sarcasm dripping off his tongue. "Your name is Kurama, and Im not going to stroke your already massive ego by addressing you with such titles. If you want I can go back to calling you Fluffy-Chan. Huh? Would my wittle Fwuff-chans like that?" He said in a baby talk voice with a massive smirk plastered on his face. WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE KIT, I WILL FLOSS WITH YOUR ENTRAILS! Why do you insist on bothering me? Your parents already doomed me to this hell, why do you insist on making it worse with your annoying presence.

Naruto pondered this question for awhile. Then with full seriousness he stared into the massive red eyes of nine tailed fox. "Cause I know what its like to be alone." Naruto said with no humor or sarcasm in his voice. The fox looked a little surprised but quickly shook it off with a snort. "Look Kurama, I know what its like to hate. To be angry and want to watch the world burn. But I found family. I found friends and people I care about deeply enough to forget my hatred. The only person you got for the foreseeable future is me. Like it or not we're stuck together. I want us to get along. I want us to help eachother, and one day I would like us to be friends, comrades even. I am going to find the bastard that is responsible for the night of my birth turning into such a clusterfuck. When I find him I am going to make him pay for all of the suffering he caused, not just to me and my village, but to you when he put you under that genjutsu. My father couldn't defeat him, so chances are I will need your help. I want us to be able to talk and work together. I know that if the two of us teamed up instead of pretending the other doesn't exist, we could accomplish amazing things. Maybe then, if you proved to me that your not the evil son of a bitch you pretend to be, I will find a way to give you your freedom." The kyuubi had the decency to look shocked after that little speech. He kept replaying it over and over in his head, while trying to find any ounce of deceit. The problem was he found none. This kid was completely heartfelt and serious. 'Is he the one Father spoke of?' "Well Kurama, just think on what I said for awhile. I will see you tomorrow goodbye."
Kit...The Kyuubi started, but it was to late. Naruto left his mindscape and returned to the physical world. The Kyuubi had some thinking to do.


(Training Ground)

Naruto opened his eyes and smiled. Maybe it wouldn't take as long as he once thought to finally reach the prideful Bijuu. He sensed right away that Sakura and Sasuke had just entered the training field. He stood up and stretched before waiting for them to approach. They each sat down and Naruto addressed them. "Hey guys, so did you eat breakfast?" He asked the two. Sasuke didn't even look up, he just pretended not to hear him and Sakura just looked at him like he was an idiot. "NARUTO-BAKA! Kakashi-sensei told us not to eat breakfast!" Naruto rolled his eyes at the loudmouth fangirl. "Yessss and I told you that that was not a good idea. Look, food equals energy, energy equals better performance. You can't train on an empty stomach. Kakashi knows this. Thats why he doesn't want you to eat. Hes setting you up for failure. Do you even know what we're doing here? I do. I also know that my Nii-san hasn't ever passed a Genin team before." Sakura and Sasuke both looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" Was Sakuras intelligent response. Naruto just shook his head. "Nevermind, Nii-san will explain when he gets here. Look, listen to me or don't its you two who are going to feel like shit when this goes down. Here." Naruto unsealed two of the bentos filled with breakfast. He handed one to Sakura and one to Sasuke, before sitting walking toward the memorial stone to find his parents names.

Sasuke examined the food before his stomach growled, as did Sakuras. Sakura blushed and Sasuke just shrugged before digging in, followed by Sakura who loved to copy him.

About twenty minutes later Naruto walked back into the center of the field. He unsealed Zangetsu and Masamune and summoned 50 clones all armed to the teeth with various weapons.
He held Masamune in his standard reverse grip and hefted Zangetsu onto his shoulder. He smiled before in a burst of blue flames his yellow fox mask appeared on his face. "Lets rock."

His stunned teammates watched with rapt attention for the next 4 hours as Naruto systematically and without prejudice butchered his clones. He spun about unleashing hell with Zangetsu, before attacking any clones trying to come into his blindspot with Masamune. He performed weaves, rolls, and acrobatics as he dodged and parried all of their feeble attacks. After he cleared through all 50, he summoned 100, then 150, then 250. Right now he had close to 1000 shadowclones surrounding him on all sides. He stabbed Masamune into the ground and unrolled some of the cloth on Zangetsus hilt. He wrapped his hand in the excess cloth before spinning the massive crescent blade like a windmill. His teammates watched in awe as he threw the large blade and cut through his clones. He spun and twirled changing the direction and position of the large cutting windmill. After awhile Naruto grew bored, so he threw large blade into the air. All the attacking clones stopped and watched as Zangetsu soared straight up, only to be dispelled as Naruto flash stepped between them all slicing them down with his reclaimed Masamune. After all the clones were gone, he caught the falling Zangetsu and sealed both swords away in a flash of blue flames. He turned towards the forest and pulled his fox mask to the side of his head. "How was that Nii-san?" He asked with a smile.

Sasuke and Sakura still flabbergasted by the incredible show of skill, turned their attention to where Naruto was talking and watched as Kakashi stepped out of the forest clapping. "Very good Ototou, I think you set a new record for yourself." He said with an eyesmile.

Kakashi stood in front of the three seated genin. "Now for this test you must get these each get one of these bells from me." "But Kakashi-sensei there are three of us and only two bells." Said Sakura with confusion. Kakashi eyesmiled. "Im glad you noticed Sakura. Whoever doesn't get a bell will be sent back to the academy." Sasuke and Sakura grew wide eyed and started to complain. "But Kakashi-Sensei that isn't fair!" Kakashi nodded. "No it isn't but the fact is this is your final test. You are not yet Genin. (He was lying a little bit, because regardless of the outcome, Naruto would still be a Genin. He just wouldn't be on a genin cell with Kakashi as his sensei.) Your graduation from the academy was only to show us who has the potential to be a ninja. Out of all who graduated from the adademy, only 9 shinobi will be selected." That means this you have a 33% chance of passing and becoming a full fledged shinobi. Now you have two hours on the clock over there to get these bells from me. Whoever doesn't get a bell will be tied to a post, while the others eat lunch in front of them." He pointed to the three lunch boxes next to the clock near the memorial stone. He didn't hear their stomachs growl so he raised his eyebrow. "Did you three eat breakfast?" Naruto smiled and his two teammates looked at Naruto. "Yeah Naruto brought breakfast for us. He said that you were setting us up for failure by making us hungry and tired." Kakashi stared hard at Naruto who just scratched the back of his head and giggled. Kakashi just sighed. "Well he was right. Thanks a lot Naruto. Okay on the count of three you will begin. One, two, three."

And they were gone. Sasuke was in a tree watching as the Jonin read his smut. Sakura was hiding in a shrub. Naruto was just gone. Suddenly Sakura felt warm metal wrap around her mouth and body and pull her backwards into the forest. She tried to scream and squirm free but it was of no use. The same thing happened to Sasuke and they soon found themselves in front of Naruto who had chains coming out of his back, the same chains that were currently binding the pissed of genin. "I know what your thinking. What the hell is this idiot doing? Well, Im saving your asses from being sent back to the academy." The two tied up ninja raised their eyebrows. "Yes, you see as ninja we have to learn to look underneath the underneath. We have to learn how to spot deception, and learn how to accurately deceive others. This whole test is a deception. The true goal is to teach us teamwork. Kakashi-Nii is trying to pit us against eachother by saying that whoever doesn't get a bell will be sent to the academy. In truth even if we get a bell it doesn't matter if we stab eachother in the back in the process. Think about it, have you ever heard of three cell genin team? Not its three genin, and a Jonin sensei." Again the two bound ninja widened their eyes. "See, you know that Im right. So here is whats going to happen. Im going to remove my chains, and you are going to be calm. Then the three of us as a team, are going to come up with a plan to get the bells."

Having said that, Naruto lowered the two no longer struggling ninja to the ground and withdrew his chakra chains. After some cursing, and complaining, Team 7 came up with a plan to get the bells from their porn reading sensei.

Kakashi was walking around the center of the training ground reading his book. In reality though he was confused. 'Their chakra signatures disappeared a moment ago. I wonder what those three are planning? Naruto must be behind this.' No sooner had he finished his thought when his danger senses went haywire. He rolled to the side and stashed his book. Three kunai embedded into the ground where he had just been standing. "Kunai, really?" He looked at Sakura, who had thrown the knives. He regretted turning away from the kunai however when his danger senses told him turn back around. Once he did he was forced to block an axe kick delivered by Sasuke, and duck a roundhouse kick thrown by Naruto. "You henged yourselves into kunai which Sakura threw. Very creative." He said with an eye smile, but then looked shocked as the "Naruto" In front of him dispelled to reveal Sakura using a henge. He turned back around to block Naruto engaging him with The Cornered Fox Style.

Not to be out done Sasuke soon joined Naruto in fighting back Kakashi who started having a difficult time. He leapt out of the way when Sakura threw some shuriken his way. He rolled to the side and instantly regretted it when he soon felt that there were ten thousand pounds on his back, forcing him to collapse face first into the ground. With great difficulty he picked his head up and saw that he was lying in the center of a complex sealing array. "What the hell?" The Naruto that he had been fighting dispelled to reveal it had been a shadow clone, and Naruto walked out of the forest. "Its my strongest gravity seal Nii-san. I drew it while you were distracted by my Teammates and my clone." Naruto sent a chain out that collected the two bells. He threw one to Sakura, and the other to Sasuke. The smiling Naruto and Sakura, and the smirking Sasuke then told Kakashi of Naruto explaining the true purpose of the test, then coming up with their plan. Kakashi smiled with obvious pride in his new students. Naruto deactivated the seal and Kakashi dusted himself off.

After passing the three genin, Kakashi gave them each a list of dates and times to meet for team building exercises and meetings, and told them he would meet them at the shinobi mission offices to receive their first D-rank mission. Before leaving them he left them with some final words. "while those who break the rules of the ninja world are trash, those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash."

(Hokage Office)

After leaving the training ground Naruto went to see his Jiji to ask a favor. He was standing in front of the smiling Hokage, who after using shadow clones to complete his paperwork felt like he was 20 years younger. "So what can I do for you Naruto?" Hiruzen asked with obvious gratitude to his surrogate grandson. "Well Jiji, I was wondering if you could give me a permission card to train in the forest of death? You see its the only training ground I can think of that will give me privacy to work on some of my larger scale destructive jutsus. Right now Im working on something big."

Hiruzen thought it over and when he couldn't think of any reason to say no, smiled and stamped a permission card that would allow Naruto unlimited access to the dangerous training zone. He had just handed it to Naruto when suddenly the doors were kicked open and a little boy wearing a skull cap, and a really long blue scarf appeared in the office. "OLD MAN! I have come to finally take that hat!" The kid stepped forward with a kunai in hand and fell on his face. Naruto just sweat dropped. "What the hell?"
Sign up to rate and review this story