Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Naruto : The Prince of Uzu

Chapter 9 : Of Snakes and Seals

by JohnnyDraven

Category: Naruto - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-10-09 - 2065 words

?Blocked

Konohamaru stood up and rubbed his head. He looked up at the confused Naruto. "HEY! YOU TRIPPED ME!" He yelled while pointing an accusing finger. A tic mark appeared on Narutos head as he looked back at the boy. "You tripped on your on scarf brat." Naruto deadpanned. "You call me a brat now, but you wouldn't if you knew the Hokage was my grandfather." Said Konohamaru with his arms crossed and his head turned away. He believed Naruto was just like everyone else. No one besides his grandfather and uncle Asuma called him Konohamru. No, everyone called him 'Honorable Grandson'. He believed that Naruto would be just like everyone else, but that theory went out the window when Naruto replied. "I dont care if hes your grandmother you little brat." Hiruzen sighed. "Im sorry about Konohamaru Naruto. He got it in his head that if he defeats me he will become the Hokage." Naruto smiled. "Dont worry about it Jiji. Anyway thanks for the pass." Naruto left the Hokages office just as Ebisu was entering to stop Konohamru from trying to assassinate the Hokage. "Jiji? Who was that guy anyway?" Konohamaru asked his grandfather. Hiruzen chuckled. "That Konohamaru, is the leaf villages hero. That was Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze." Konohamarus eyes grew wide. Hiruzen had spoken many times about Naruto. It was no secret to anyone in the village that Naruto was their Jinjuriki, and just what he had been through and why. It was as commonly known now as his parentage. 'That was Naruto?'


Naruto was walking down the street. He was thinking about his life to this point. What he had accomplished and all of the thing he had yet to accomplish. He had so much on his plate it seemed. He had to meet up with Tenten later to discuss her training. He had his own team and training to consider. He had to start using his Great Grandfather Rins sword Kurikara, as he had yet to really cut loose with it. He had to build his own forge, and eventually he wanted to forge his own blade as well. He already had some awesome and legendary swords, but he wanted to create his own. A sword that 'He' could make legendary. He had to meet ero-sennin later tonight, the old perv wanted to discuss something important with him. He just had so much going on. He had to go to the forest of death at some point now that he had permission so he could work on his secret jutsu training. Not to mention trying to rebuild his clan, defeating hatred in the world, and in the Kyuubi. And lets not forget finding that bastard in the orange mask. "Sooooo much to do, so little time."

So lost in his thoughts was he, that at first he did't notice the tail that had been following him since he left the Hokage's office. Eventually when he snapped out of his nagging thoughts long enough, he took notice. "You know your holding that cloth the wrong way?" Naruto said without looking at Konohamaru who was pretending to be a fence.
This went on for awhile before finally Konohamaru gave up and demanded that Naruto trained him. "Look kid, I already have way to much on my plate right now. Im sorry but now is not a good time to take on anymore students." Konohamaru looked depressed. Naruto was about to move on, but Ebisu the special jonin showed up. "Honorable Grandson! Please come with me right this instant. Only with my special training will you be able to shortcut your way to become Hokage." Naruto stopped in his tracks. "Ebisu-san, don't lie to the kid. There are no shortcuts to becoming Hokage Konohamaru. You can only achieve your dream, as noble as it is through hard work and unwavering dedication." Naruto then turned to leave once again. "I think I know what my student needs and doesn't need Naruto-san." Naruto didn't break stride. "Im sure you do." He said sarcastically. "That explains why instead of training or studying he's trying to assassinate his grandfather." Ebisu grew a tic mark. "ITS NOT MY FAULT HE WON'T LISTEN TO ME." Naruto stopped cold at that. He turned back around and walked right up to the two. "How can a student listen to his sensei... If a sensei wont listen to his student. Konohamaru wants to become Hokage. The only problem is he wants it for the wrong reasons. Konohamaru is living in his grandfathers shadow, because people like you look at him and don't see Konohamaru. No all you see is the grandson of a Hokage. I know what this is like, because even some people look at me, and they see my father. Konohamaru, I can't become your sensei right now. That however, does not mean that I can't at some point in the future. But if you would like a little guidance right now, follow me.

Konohamaru and Ebisu followed Naruto to an empty training ground. Naruto stopped and looked at the two of them. "Konohamaru, being Hokage is not the solution to your problem." Konohamaru looked down at his feet. "To be Hokage is my dream. I want to be Hokage because I love and cherish this village. I want to do my best to protect every single person, civilian and ninja that lives in it. To be Hokage means a great deal more then petty recognition. It means that you must make the hardest decisions. Decisions that will directly affect every sould within Konoha. You will be forced to decide punishments, promotions, and most importantly mission assignments. If even one of your ninja, is not ready for the task you assign, it can mean death for an entire squad. You must be able to decide when a ninja is ready for a dangerous mission, and you alone must carry the burden of any and all consequences of their potential failure. Every action you make will have affect someones live, either positively, or negatively. You will have to send men and women out to kill. And many times the ninja you send out into the dangerous world we live in, will not come home alive. Now, I ask you Konohamaru. Can you honestly tell me, that today you are ready to become Hokage?" Ebisu looked hard at Naruto. He was not angry, in truth he was quite impressed with the young man. He looked hard at him, because it was so difficult to comprehend what could make a young man, only a few years older then Konohamaru so mature. It was like being in the presence of a Kage.

Konohamaru looked shocked at Naruto. He had never been told the truth of what it meant to be Hokage. He now had a newfound respect for his grandfather. What a burden the man must carry. "Naruto-niisan. I am not ready yet to be Hokage. But I will train hard! I will grow strong! And one day, I will become Hokage to protect my village, and carry this great burden. So my friends won't have to." Naruto came forward and put his hand on the boys head. "I know you will Konohamaru. I have no doubt that you will accomplish your dream. But, your gonna have to beat me to become Hokage." He said with a smile. In reply Konohamaru smiled as well before pointing at his new big brother. "Okay Naruto-niisan! From now on we're rivals!" Naruto laughed heartily. "You got a deal...Ototou."


After leaving the newly enthusiastic Konohamaru, who left with Ebisu for some real training, Naruto sought out Tenten at her teams training grounds. "Naruto-Sama!" Naruto smiled at the enthusiastic girl. "I told you Tenten, you don't need to call me that. Its just Naruto, or if you must, Naruto-sensei." Tenten blushed and giggled. "Sorry, Naruto-Sensei." Naruto waved it off and looked at her two teammates who upon seeing him came over. "Yosh! You must be Naruto-kun! Tenten has been talking about you all day!" Tenten looked completely embarrassed. "Lee! I have not shut up!" "Ah so you must be Namikaze-Sama." Said a Hyuuga with long brown hair. "Tenten has informed us that you are to be her new Kenjutsu instructor, correct?" Naruto nodded. "That is correct Hyuuga-san. Im Naruto." The boy whose name turned out to be Neji nodded his head. "Come Lee, lets leave these two to their training." "Yosh! It was nice meeting you Naruto-Kun! Maybe next time we may spar? Guy-Sensei has told us of your rather impressive Taijutsu skills. I would like to try my hand at your formidable style." Naruto smiled and nodded. "That sounds like a lot of fun Lee-san. Maybe next time." Lee smiled and nodded before striking the nice guy pose and following after Neji.

"Sorry about those two." Tenten said in embarrassment. Naruto dismissed it. "Don't worry about it, they seem interesting. Maybe I can get to know them at some point. Anyway I got some free time now if you would like to begin your training?" Tenten nodded enthusiastically. "That sounds great Naruto-sensei!" Naruto nodded and the two walked into the center of the training field. "Okay Tenten. To begin I've brought a few scrolls." Naruto unsealed six Kenjutsu scrolls. "In these kenjutsu scrolls, are the basic forms of styles for a variety of different swords. What I want us to do is pick a basic, yet balanced style for you to learn and build on. Its my hope that after you get comfortable with one of these styles, you will be able to easily alter to fit the different sword types you use. From there I will help you adapt and crossover with other styles. But in the future, I want you to take all of the knowledge I give you, and create your own unique style. Does this sound good." Tenten couldn't be any happier. "That sounds great Naruto-sensei! I can't wait to begin!" Naruto smiled at the girl. "Okay, lets get started.


Naruto spent a good few hours with Tenten picking a kenjutsu style that fit her current level of fitness. She was lithe and acrobatic, so they decided on a style called "Dance of the water dragon." It was a style that focused on fluid movements, and a mix of aerial flips and spins. It was great for wearing down, and intimidating enemies. Tenten again chose a Jian for her weapon, and this style would fit great with the durable sword. In the future with enough training, should could use this style with dual swords if she wanted to.


(Later)

Naruto had just returned home. He walked into his house and was about to go to bed when he noticed Jiraiya sitting on his couch, looking at pictures of his parents. "Hey Ero-Sennin. I forgot all about meeting you today. Whats up?" Jiraiya seemed to snap out of his recollections and focused on the boy. "Don't worry about it Naruto. Look I was wondering if you could do me a favor?" Jiraiya spent the next hour telling Naruto about his former teammate Orochimaru. He then told him about the Snakes student Anko Mitarashi. He delved into the curse seal of heaven and thats what he had wanted to ask Naruto about. "So you see Naruto, Im a Master of Fuujinjutsu, but you are the student of the three who practically invented the art. Not to mention the fact that you have Kushinas memories, and she was no slouch herself. I was wondering if you could investigate into the cursed seal for me?" Naruto then took a package of notes and pictures of the seal. "That explains a lot. I know Anko, she was at my spar with Kakashi-nii. I sensed an evil chakra on her that was not her own. Don't worry about it Jiraiya, I'll look into it. That bastard Orochimaru may me good, but he isn't an Uzumaki." Jiraiya smiled at his godson, and after some much more pleasant conversation, bid him goodnight.

After Jiraiya was gone Naruto looked at the pictures of the cursed seal of heaven. Then he looked at the picture of Anko from her genin days. "Don't worry Anko, I'll help you get rid of that seal. That bastard won't have anymore hold over you if I can help it."


SOOOOOOOOO WHAT DID YOU THINK? READ AND REVIEW!
Sign up to rate and review this story