Categories > Books > Even if it Kills Me > The Deed of the Two Assassins PART 3:

The Deed of the Two Assassins PART 3:

by KatSurrenders 2 reviews

Last time, Justin & Raven woke up to a box that had a blade and a letter in it. Seems like they have a battle. What happens now?

Category: Even if it Kills Me - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-05-19 - 783 words - Complete

0Unrated
We've been walking for hours, scouring these woods with a blade in my hand and his note in Justin's. I nudge Justin on the shoulder, "You gonna be prepared to fight?"
"No, I like my suprises just as well as I suprise them." Justin says with a determined look on his face.
"I don't think you'll suprise him, because you don't look all tough since I have the blade. All you have is a crossbow on your back that you always carry around with arrows." I said.
"Oh, no I will. I have my extreme hiding skills and this bow is more accurate and tough than you think Raven...don't underestimate me."
"Should I be scared?" I sarcastically said, laughing a little.
Justin whips out the bow and arrow, aimed at me. "No...because you should know how to dodge an arrow, and how to steal a few to use against me. I suppose you don't you filthy troll."
I then looked at him shocked and quickly took an arrow from his back. "Ok, battle on."
We tip-toe around in circles, waiting for one to make a move. I take my arrow, go behind him grabbing his hands tight behind his back with my arrow placed intensely on his neck, causing him to drop his bow.
"What weapon have you now?" I said, gripping his hands tighter and pressing the arrow on his neck harder.
Justin gulped a few times, holding his breath, and tapped his thigh twice to tap out.
"Fair win, seems like you have more skill than me, because you didn't give me a chance to use my bow y'little faggot." He replies gasping for breath.
I stood there in silence staring at him with victory in my eyes.
"Yea, I didn't underestimate you." I said as I scoffed.
"Oh I can do better than that you just caught me off guard."
I didn't respond and slapped him on the back to let him know that we should keep walking.
I glanced up at the sky. We've been walking for 2 days now...I don't even know how far in the woods we've gotten. I'm starting to think that we should just go back, nothing's out here.
"Hey Justin. You think we should go back?"
"What in bloody hell has gotten you to think that? We got the box, the box from Blade. That's a sign that he's around here, so we can't give up now. He's probably just prancing around in these trees or somewhere watching our every move. No, we're not gonna go back. Keep walking." Justin said.
I didn't respond. He's got a point though.
I glanced up at the moon, once more.Oh my god, it's half blood moon finally!
"JUSTIN! Look! It's half blood moon! Does that mean it's time?" I said so eager.
Justin looked up in amazement. "It looks so beautiful. Yea it's time, keep your guard out. He could be ANYWHERE."
We continued to walk, but slowly.. in circles.. with my blade raised high in front of me, and Justin's bow & arrow raised high in front of him, aiming at anything that moves.
It began to get darker and darker by the minute.

evil giggle
Complete darkness surrounds us.
I whisper, "Justin, he's near watch out. All above, around, and below."
Justin nods his head and moves out. I follow.
I moved my feat as quietly as I possibly could, being careful not to make any loud sounds, not a crack of a fallen branch, not a crack or shuffle of a leaf. Pouncing down from the trees comes a dark shadow which caught both me & Justin off guard. We stammer back to a tree, looking all around.
"Not..a..word." I whisper out of the side of my mouth speaking to Justin.
He gives me a thumbs up.
I continued to walk slowly around with Justin following. The shadow was only a glance at the corner of my eye. It's dark after all, but it made sounds, so I know it's real. We come around a corner of a tree, to see a group of candles all lit, scattered out of place.
"What the hell?" I whisper keeping my ground.
Justin was looking off into the woods, but looked over to my view as soon as I said that.
"What's up.."
"You see those candles...they're lit too, what are they doing here?"
"You think I know? You wanna find out.."
"Yea, s-sure..." I whispered gulping as I breathed lightly.
Before I made a move, I looked around me once more, then took my first step towards the candles with my blade in front of me, ready to kill.


~TO BE CONTINUED~
Sign up to rate and review this story