Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Sing This for Me

by ToxicDamage 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-11-06 - 991 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Stump!" The Marching band leader yelled at the short, slightly pudgy blonde boy that was sadly tapping his drum.
Patrick looked up. "Yes?" he asked. The band leader walked over to him and lowered his voice as he spoke.
"Would you like to sit on the bleachers for a while, watch the soccer players practice for a bit? You seem kinda down." Patrick nods and set his drum on a bench, walking over to the bleachers in front of the soccer field. This sucks, he thinks, kicking some dirt off his sneakers. Why am I even here? I miss my bed... He sighs and takes out his iPod, scrolling through his list of songs until he finds the perfect one. He digs out his ear buds, plugs them into the iPod and sticks them into his ears, pressing play.

~

He didn't notice that he had started singing until he saw one of the soccer players staring him in-- awe? Patrick recognized him, it was Pete Wentz, the star player. They had exactly one class together, and had more together in the past. Pete had never noticed him, and Patrick was fine with that. But now, Pete was staring at him like he wanted to take Patrick home with him. Patrick quickly looked down, tugging his hat farther down onto his head.When he glanced back up, it was because the soccer coach was yelling at Pete, telling him to get back to playing and 'stop lollygagging' along with a mumbled 'stupid twat', which was totally uncalled for. Especially for an adult, Patrick thought. But he wasn't going to say anything, he could easily end up with his head stuck in a toilet again. So he just turned up his music and zoned out again.

~

The second time that Pete caught him singing was almost a month after the first. Pete had made no move to talk to him, so Patrick didn't either. He was perfectly fine with his two friends, he didn't need more.This time Patrick was walking home when he saw someone across the street, walking towards him. Patrick had common sense, and it was telling him to run. But Patrick was feeling a little too down to run, or escape, today, so he would just let the stranger kidnap him or whatever. He was singing quietly, trying to imagine this as a dream. Maybe Patrick wasn't in the greatest state of mind, but he still wanted to live. He was suddenly on the ground, and he almost screamed. But when he saw the short, black haired soccer player that had a hand over Patrick's mouth, he relaxed. Slightly. Pete was smiling though, he didn't seem to notice the terrified look on Patrick's face. "Dude," Pete breathed. "You need to do that again."
Patrick shook his head and Pete moved his hand. "What, get tackled by a soccer player for no reason? Thanks, but I'd rather not."
"Oh," Pete said, a small smirk on his face. "Little band boy has a mouth on him." His smirk had turned into a teasing smile, so Patrick didn't think he was insulting him or anything. But you never know, he thought to himself. "What's your name?"
"Patrick."
"Patrick, 'Trick, Pattycakes, you gotta sing again."

"Don't call me Pattycakes again."
"Only if you sing for me."
"Why do you want me to sing for you anyways? And get off me, please?"
"Whatever you want, Pattycakes."
"Don't call me that." Patrick says through clenched teeth. Pete just smiles.
"When you sing for me, I will."
"Fine. But get off me first." He says, trying to shove him off. For a little guy, Pete sure is strong and one heavy deadweight. He finally gets up and helps Patrick up, smiling.
"Okay Patty cakes, let's go." He says, pulling Patrick's wrist again. Patrick holds his feet to the ground as much as he can, trying to keep Pete from pulling him to where he's trying to drag him.
"Wait, no. Where are we going, exactly?"
"To your house, of course. Lead the way, Pattycakes." Patrick grunts and walks quickly to his house, stomping the whole way there.

~

After Patrick had sang the entire song, Pete was in a state of serenity, Patrick could tell from his facial expression. "Can," He seemed at a loss of words. "Can I give you some lyrics? Will you make them into a song? And sing them, Maybe? Please?"
"U- um," Patrick stutters. "I- I guess?"

~

When Patrick finally got the song done and got to give it to Pete, it was two days after that. Patrick was planning to just hand the disc to Pete and walk away before he got embarrassed, but clearly Pete wanted to ruin his life. "Hey, 'Trick! I missed you, where have you been?"
"Working on your song." He mumbles, handing it to the darker haired man. Pete smiles and pulls Patrick close. "Oof' Patrick grunts. "Yup, okay. You're a hugger. Please let me go."

~

The next week, Pete doesn't leave Patrick's side. Patrick is pretty sure he skipped some of his classes to stare at Patrick through the windows. But he can't really complain, having Pete there all the time means he has someone to rant to. The price? Sing him to sleep every night.
"Hey, hey Patrick!" Pete says, running up and engulfing Patrick into a tight hug. "Do you have another song yet?"
Patrick smiles. "Yeah, let me get it."

~

When Pete finally asks Patrick out, it's ten years into their relationship, and their a famous band-Fall Out Boy- touring the world. They were somewhere near Boston, and Patrick was singing softly while Pete watched Nightmare Before Christmas, his head on Patrick's lap.
"Patrick?" He asks, looking up towards his best friend.
Patrick looks down at his friend. "Yes, Pete?"
"I think we should go on a date."
Patrick smiles and moves his hand to Pete's hair, stroking it softly. "Yeah, okay."
Sign up to rate and review this story