Categories > Original > Fantasy

Operation Assassination (Part 1)

by alykatt1308 0 reviews

Aliaga Silverkin is a young assassin trained in the school of Wintercliff. Her first year exam is soon to be taken. The exam decides if she will continue in Wintercliff. Will she succeed?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-12-01 - 628 words

0Unrated
"Come on! Let me try again!" I snap.
"Maybe tomorrow." Ty answers calmly, obviously not phased by my serious and angry expression.
"Ty, please." I beg, jokingly pouting. He laughs slightly and sighs.
"Alright, fine, but just this once will I do this for you. Never again." I smile and start walking towards training room, Ty following close behind me.
Tomorrow marks my first year at Wintercliff and I have my final exam. This exam is basically deciding whether or not I'm worthy to continue at Wintercliff. There's a total of 270+ young assassins here. Every year, only 50 of them end up continuing on to next year. I can't let that happen.
Ty is my trainer, my mentor. His real name is Tyzryn, but I'm the only one that's allowed to call him Ty. He has been here for 12 years, 13 tomorrow. On his fifth year, he became a trainer, that's what usually happens to everyone, but not me. I don't wish to be a trainer. I want to be out in the field for at least 10 years. It's what I've wanted to do ever since my parents told me about their profession, which is this.
Assassination.
I've been training hard all week, all month, all year, and now, I think I'm ready for the final. I just want to train one last time.
Ty and I walk into our private training area. The familiar feeling hits me the second I walk into the room. The nets, the dummies, the weapons, it's all sums up my favorite place to be.
Right here.
"What do you want to start with?" He asks even though he knows the answer. I love climbing and running on the nets and such. It's basically a free-running course. I'm very interested in it for some odd reason.
"What do you think?" I respond jokingly. He stifles a laugh and walks towards the course.
"Which difficulty?" He asks, standing in front of the touch interface system. I always do the hardest difficulty. I mastered them all very quickly, much faster than the others did.
"Expert." I say simply, a smirk plastered across my face as I walk to the beginning of the course.
He touches the screen in four different places before the countdown starts. The automated voice booms throughout the room, bouncing off the concrete walls. I remember when this voice made me flinch. I get into a ready position as the voice starts counting down from five.
A gong sound goes off and I immediately spring into action. The first obstacles are over fast, considering I've completed this difficulty at least 100 times. They quickly get more difficult as I go along, increasing my fatigue and commanding my body to move faster before I collapse.
Eventually, I reach the end and press the large red button, stopping my time.
"That one...was sloppy." I admit between breaths.
"I'll say." Ty jokes, helping me down from the platform I'm standing on. I playfully hit his shoulder once my feet hit the floor. He steps away from me with a fake shocked look plastered across his face. I giggle as we walk towards the weapon racks.
"What weapon would you like to use first?" He questions and I smile at his act of pretending he doesn't know me at all. I immediately pick up the sais and practice with them until I can barely stand. I'm exhausted.
I tell Ty that I think I'm ready, so he agrees and lets me go back to my small dorm room to sleep. My head starts pounding the second it hits the pillow, making it much easier to fall asleep.
I can feel the thoughts of everything I've learned here lingering in my head before drifting off into a peaceful sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story