Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 3

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-12-02 - 494 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3, Locked

The next day I didn’t have school, but Dad had work. So I decided not to hang out with my friends, which was what I normally did, but I decided that it was time to find out what was under that tarp.

When I was in the garage, it felt weird to have it empty without the car in it. But I couldn’t focus on things like that, I was here for one reason. The strange box in the corner was exactly where it was yesterday, and I somehow felt like it would disappear in the middle of the night but there it was.

It almost felt like it was calling to me, like I needed to open it, discover what was on the inside. I grabbed the dusty tarp and pulled it away from the box.

“What are you?” I asked myself quietly. It was a blue police box. Why would Dad have a police box in the garage? It made no sense.

I reached for the handle, slowly as I did the other day, and touched it like I was touching a scared animal. Nothing happened physically, but it felt like I just needed to open it. And so I yanked on the handle.

Locked. It was locked and it wouldn’t budge. After all this waiting and it wouldn’t open. I stepped back away from the strange police box and let a small huh escape my lips. This was a mystery that needed solved, and I had the feeling that this would just eat away at me and it could not be put down.

Dad would need to explain this. Tonight.



“Amelia! I’m home!” Dad said as he walked in the door. He was holding a fast food sack aloft in one hand. “I brought supper!”

“What did you get?”

“A cheeseburger for you and chicken nuggets for me.” Dad said and he put the food on the table and we started to eat. “So, what did you do today?” He asked, mouth half full of food.

“Oh, well you know, same old same old. How was work?”

“Same old same old.” He said with a goofy grin.

“So what is in that police box in the garage? Why is it locked?” I asked, cutting straight to the chase.

“Look at this nugget! It looks like a dinosaur! Roar!” Dad said, dodging the question and playing with the nugget.

“What’s in the box Dad? And that doesn’t even remotely look like a dinosaur.”

“How would you know? Have you ever seen one?”

“Have you?” I asked as Dad shoved the nugget into his mouth.

“Course I have!”

“Dad. What is in that box? Where did you even get a police box?”

“Can’t just let that go, can you?” Dad asked. “It’s where I hide all the christmas presents.”

“Dad. Are you serious?”

“Course I am. Where else would I hide them?”
Sign up to rate and review this story