Categories > Books > Harry Potter

The Sound of Madness

by DefineCrazy 1 review

Falinn Academy of the Magical Arts produces the best of the best. It's hard to get in. It's even harder getting out.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-12-07 - 900 words

-1OOC
A teenage not quite a man yet sighed, as he watched a group of teenagers about the same age as him messing around from behind a murky window. He doubted the glass has been cleaned for the last 14 years. The teenager brushed a stray lock of hair out of his face and stood up with a sigh. He would have to cut it again soon, it was past his shoulders now.

Bottomless green eyes snapped towards an old wooden door as footsteps eoched in the hallway hidden by the door. "Harry, can you disarm your booby traps please? I don't feel like being hung up by my ankles." The teenager, now named Harry muttered something under his breath that sounded like Latin before yanking open the door to show his beloved Godfather.

"Sirius, that spell wasn't meant for you. It was meant for Zachariah, Lily or James." Sirius sighed and rubbed his face with a hand. "Harry, please at least call James, Father or Lily, Mother."Harry glared at the shaggy haired man. "James and Lily stopped being my Mother and Father when I was 5."

Sirius's face darken at the comment. "Your right. You know, you're the only reason I still even come to this place, pup." Harry smiled slighty at the nickname. "So what are you even doing here?" Sirius pouted. "A man can't visit his favourite Godson?" Sirius winced at the raised eyebrow he got in response.

"I want to see what Academy accepted you." Harry nodded slowly. "Explain again what is with this Academy thing." Sirius pulled out a dark wooden chair and sat down.

"Okay, this is how your grandparents explained it to me. Once you leave your first school, whether it be Hogwarts or some other school, you get a letter from an academy asking you to attend. How you are selected changes from academy to academy.

Some choose based on power levels, other on how well-known you or your family is. Others have their own ways of choosing. You learn the more important skills you need for a job or hobby at an academy. For example if you want to do ward crafting, you need to attend an academy that offers runes, stone or feather magic and warding.

I attended Shang Ling Academy of Battle Magic in China. employers look at what academy you studied at and go from there. Normally when you graduate an academy writes a report on how good your skills are." Harry nodded once Sirius finished his little speech. "So it's important to get into a good academy."

Sirius nodded and opened his mouth to speak when yelling interrupted. "The Academy invites have arrived. The Academy invites have arrived. " Harry stood and Sirius followed suit. "Let's go see where I'm going to spend the next few years of my life."

Harry led from his bedroom on the second floor down to the family dining hall where the yelling came from. Sirius trailed behind his godson wondering when his pup turned from a beautiful child with heart-tugging green eyes to a stunning teenage with heartbreaking green eyes and lips a girl would kill for.

Sirius smiled slightly. No matter where Harry when, he was sure to break hearts, male or stepped into the room and stumbled back a few steps as 75 kg of werewolf smashed into him. "Sirius, your back. When?" Sirius didn't get a chance to answer before warm, chapped lips claimed his own.

Harry stepped around his kissing Godfathers and slipped into an open chair away from his frowning Father. James wasn't happy when his werewolf best friend mated with his other best friend. James was soon distracted when he noticed his dark-haired son was sitting near him.

"Took you long enough to get here brat." Harry ignored James and gazed at the letters on the table. One was in a pale brown envelope with a blue wax circle with a crest of a sword and wand. The other was a white scroll with a golden wax circle with a crest of a rose in a circle of fire.

Harry looked up at a rough laugh. He watched as his younger twin strutted into the room with his lapdogs Granger and the two youngest Weasleys following him. Granger pulled a face when she saw him sitting at the table. "Oh look Zack, your brother is here."

Zachariah frowned when he saw his twin brother sitting at the table. "What are you doing down here?" Harry rolled his eyes and smirked. "I'm here to get my Academy letter, little brother." Zachariah hated being reminded that Harry was the older brother and the hair to the house of Potter.

"Ignore him Zacky. Lets see what Academy has the honour of having you attend." Harry snorted slightly at the youngest Weasleys words but didn't comment. Zachariah picked up the white scroll first before scrowling and tossing it at Harry. "That one is yours." Zachariah picked up the brown envelope and ripped it open. "Dad, Dad, I'm going to Merlin Academy of Magic."

As James and Zachariah's friends moved to congratulate him, Remus who had stopped trying to suck Sirius's lips off, moved over to Harry. "Open it cub. See what it saids." Harry gently broke open the wax seal. Unrolling it, Harry cleared his throat and read the top line.

"Congratulations, you have been invited to Falinn Academy of the Magical Arts."
Sign up to rate and review this story