Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Second First Impressions

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke decides to try and talk to April again and give her a better impression of him.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Watari - Published: 2013-12-14 - 461 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-One: Second First Impression:

-Kyosuke-

Last time didn't go well with April-san. She probably thinks I'm an idiot. Really, I'm not! I lowered my head.

I need a better way to turn this around. The only problem is I don't know how. Still, I have to try.

I found her going into the lab the next morning. She looked so pretty from the side. Today, her brown hair was up in a ponytail. I drew in a breath. Here I go. I walked up to my new co-worker. I can do this! Don't back down. Just go over and talk to her. It shouldn't too hard. I can do this. I paused when I saw her looking at me. My heart pounded in my chest. Don't back down!

"Hi!" I squeaked with a little wave. I could tell by the odd expression on her face that this could go downhill pretty quickly.

"Hello?" she asked. Quick, say something.

"Uh… I like your ponytail!" I exclaimed. Okay, that was stupid.

"Thanks, I guess," she said.

"I'm Kyosuke!" I forced out, "Nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too," she said back. I laughed out loud nervously. This was going nowhere. I don't know how to fix this! Yet, I couldn't back down. April tilted her head at me.

"I'm sorry," she spoke up. "Is there something you wanted?" I snapped up straight. I have to go for this! Don't back down!

"I just wanted to get to know you!" I blurted out. It just donned on me what came out of my mouth. Did I just… Oh damn it. I have to fix this somehow.

"I mean, since we're working together on this case," I corrected, "So, we should get to know each other a bit and maybe be friends." I waited for an answer. That should be just about it, nice and simple. Please don't turn me down. Please don't turn me down! Please say yes. You're really pretty.

I noticed April giving me a smile. She looked at me rather intrigued.

"You want to get to know me, huh?" she asked.

"Yeah," I answered in a small voice. My heart jumped as she made her way over to me. She rested her hand on my shoulder.

"Come out with me tonight," April told me.

"Come out with you where?" I asked. I stared deep into those green eyes of hers.

"Meet me at Blue Diamond Heart at eight," she said. My cheeks colored bright red as I nodded.

"Alright," I replied.

"Don't let me down, okay?" April said. I gulped as she turned and walked into the lab. I think that went well, I hope.

-Outside-

Watari stood around the corner eavesdropping. He already began to plot.
Sign up to rate and review this story