Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Buffy of the Rebelion

Faith

by Myrddin-Ignis-Magus 1 review

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Angel,Faith,Kendra,Kennedy,Willow - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-12-14 - 5413 words

0TrainWreck
Buffy of the Rebellion

Chapter V

Faith

Faith Lehane, 'the' Slayer has only ever had faith in one thing - people are dicks. Sure, she guesses they don't mean to be, but honestly, they are. They can be so self-absorbed in their own petty wants or needs that they don't care to look around themselves and see that they aren't alone, and that other people have bigger problems.

She has so many more problems than most, like the Watchers Council. They'll come tracking her down now she's brushed her hands at Sunnydale and decided that she'll be better off elsewhere. She'll just kick their smarmy little asses if she has too.

If they have any sense, they'll just stay away from her. She's not stupid, and after drugging her for that 'test' and then locking her in a room with a vicious girl-eating monster while near powerless opened her eyes. It was like she could see every Slayer before her, betrayed by their Watchers, some had even died.

That was the moment that she knew she wasn't going to stick around if crap like that kept happening. If her 'allies' forsake her then she sees no reason to pretend and go through the motions until her short and untimely demise. She can't live like that, and nobody should have too. She'll be much better off alone, let Kendra deal with that loser Spike and his nutcase girlfriend.

Angel had the right idea, scampering off to LA after the Council came around and that bitch tried to stake him. She doesn't seem to have a mind of her own, just that handbook and her annoying Watcher.

Gods is he annoying, and prissy, and reminds her of Giles' only times ten, and without a self-thought process, and she's not sure he doesn't put on that English accent.

She sighed as the train announcer person called out the end of the line – well to get another train if she wants, which she doesn't. She's going to Chicago, and Chicago she'll be in a few minutes.

Faith didn't know why here really. It was just affordable, and far away, wasting most of her savings but she'll survive, she always does. She's wearing her black leather jacket, some blue jeans, white top, trainers, and has a small backpack next to her with a few supplies, and a couple changes of clothes.

She really didn't feel like taking much. It seemed like a waste of bother, really. She didn't have much in the way of – well much, so she's pretty much just got a few spare stakes, a military grade knife and a small crossbow with assortment of arrows, and her watch that Red bought her for her birthday.

Running her fingers through her shoulder length crinkled black hair her eyes glared out at the city as the train was slowing down to the train station, a smirk coming to her lips.

"Watch out vamps, Faith: the Vampire Slayers out to rob you, then stake you," she muttered to herself trying to hold back from giggling as she wondered what her former-friends/allies would say if they knew she was going to sink so low that she'll rob the vampires and demons before staking them.

"Faith: the Vampire Mugger," she whispered, and this time did laugh, which got her some strange looks from other passengers, but she has her headphones in and heavy metal exploding out so they just looked away, though curious.

She shook her head and grabbed her backpack, standing up she walked over to the train doors as the train finally stopped moving and hit the door open button when it lit up.

Stepping out into the fresh air was nice and refreshing. There are plenty of passengers on the platform waiting to get on the train. She figured its going to head back the way it came soon, and then probably hope onto another track or whatever.

Honesty, she wasn't sure why she cared where the train might go. She wondered whether her life could be so messed up that she'll start putting on an anorak and writing down train numbers. She almost laughed aloud at the absurdity of the mere notion of enjoying that. If you love something like trains, became a train driver or engineer, not nerd.

She just moved through the crowd bobbing her head to the music, minding her own business when some boy bumped into her, and she saw his mouth working as he mouthed sorry. However, she paused, and frowned as something seemed off when she searched her pocket for her purse.

Faith groaned as it was gone, and the boy had disappeared too. She grit her teeth in anger as she slid through the crowd. She doesn't have much and her first day in her new city she gets mugged by some punk, kid, ignoring her sense of: 'that shit fucked with you', that she normally would have obeyed.

She pulled out her earphones, wrapped them up with her music player, and zipped the pocket. Though, if he tried for that, she could have beaten him there and then.

The Slayer groaned as she looked to the sky. It's getting dark. She had hoped to be near the nearest motel by now looking forward to a nice long shower and then an evening of checking out the local graveyards.

However, she got lucky as she saw him scampering through a lose board in a fence. It took her a minute or two to get there, and she flung herself up using a hand as leverage when someone called 'excuse me' loudly. She turned from where she crouched on the fence overlooking a large drop to the car park and looked back.

The man was a security officer, so she pulled out her ticket and threw it at him. "Sorry, in a hurry, after bastard pickpocket!" she said and just as he looked at the one-way ticket from LA she jumped and he looked over to see she had landed fine and was seemingly chasing some dirty looking boy of maybe thirteen or fourteen.

Faith was running much faster than him, and she noticed up ahead a few more boys, one pointing at her with wide eyes and her pickpocket looked back, shocked, obviously that she's caught up, but more that she was gaining and gaining fast.

The boy just seemed to run faster as he joined his friends and they all joined him in running from the mad and very pissed looking young woman who must be, to them, on steroids or something.

The Slayer wasn't even out of breath as her adrenalin pumped through her system and fast, just making her stronger. She followed them out of the lot and around some corners, sometimes losing sight of them, but following her instincts always gained her back her quarry. They had even stopped twice thinking they lost her, and they were probably messing themselves now.

It was quite dark, early to mid-evening by the time they seemed to have given up, and even Faith was breathing heavily. Though, they only kept getting away because they know the city and she doesn't. If she had lived here awhile, they would be hers already.

They were quivering when she finally caught up, and on further inspection, they had nowhere else to run. They had ended at a dead end by one of the city cemeteries and they looked spooked, but not by her. She inspected the four boys, her blue eyes roaming over the tatters they're wearing.

"P-please," her snatcher mutter, frightened. "Y-you can have it back, but you s-shouldn't be here," he said throwing her back her purse.

She looked it over before placing it in her pocket and dodging a stun gun from behind and grabbing the boy, more her age, and he cried as she pried the stun gun from his fingers before tossing him to the floor. She looked behind her to see two more boys, more in her age range, and three girls, all looking dirty, and the girls were looking around, nervous, shifty, terrified.

"J-just give us your money and we won't hurt you," the guy on the floor demanded but paled as she crushed his taser and let the pieces drop onto him.

Faith couldn't help but smirk. "I don't give a crap what you want. If you want to fight, then I'm always up for a warm up. Then I'll stake the bumpy faced faggots behind me," she said turning to see three large male vampires, all vamped and ready to die, or kill, she forgets.

They pushed through the others behind her and they looked freaked, near wetting themselves. "Who the hell are you supposed to be, ruining our operations?" one of them said as he got up close.

Her smirk only widened as she grabbed his hair, pulled him down and broke his nose with her knee. His allies just stared, dumbfounded as she emptied his pockets of some cash rolls before a wooden stake slid out of her sleeve and was in his heart within just a minute, he was a cloud of dust.

"I'm the Slayer!" she said which caused them to step back as she placed her newfound money in her jacket. "But I might let you live if you hand over your money, but if you don't," she waved her stake. "I'm going to take it and then stake you."

One of them went to give her his roll of bills, but the other stopped him, but he glared. "You saw what she did, she's the Slayer. If she's gone bad, then just pay her and she'll go away."

The other nodded reluctantly as they tossed over their cash and went to leave sneering as a stake appeared in each of their backs and they too poofed into dust while Faith seemed to be carelessly counting her money.

"Come on, idiots, lets go, you're my minions now," she said as she put the money away and zipped up her pocket. They all reluctantly followed, as they're scared of her now. "Where can we find a cheap place to work from?" she asked herself as she got an idea, do as the 'Angels' do. However, one of the younger boys blurted out.

"There's this place up at the docks, it's old and rusty, but the rent looks cheap," he said helpfully. "There's this huge sign."

She frowned in thought before nodding. "Well, if its large enough and warm enough it will do as a base of operations. What's the vampire count in town?" she demanded looking to the eldest.

"Umm… there's quite a lot," he said, nervous. "I mean, we're not the only kids that work for them during the day, and I hear that lots of vampires around here… get donated blood and don't eat people much but… I heard that vampires run the blood bank. It's to make money I think. These vampires are like the vampire mafia, and they make sure that the vampires drink their blood and charge them, which is why they have us to get them money."

"Wow, that's new," Faith said as she paused and they paused too. "I have a great idea… we'll open a… vermin extermination business and charge people to get rid of all of their supernatural woes."

"B-but they'll come after us," one of the girls said shivering.

Faith just rolled her eyes. "I'm the Slayer… I have superhuman strength. I'm sure I can handle a few big shot losers who can't even take a stroll at lunch time without bursting into flames. But, I suppose I'll just leave you here if you don't want to come, for some over human blood junkie to work you."

She then walked off towards the smell of salt air (or where it's strongest), and wasn't surprised, though hesitant they all followed her. It took them a little time to get to the harbour and find the place. It wasn't bad Faith noted, and not caring about the time she pulled out her phone to call the number on the sign.

Then she started as she had put her phone on complete silent, she had three calls from her Watcher, Giles, a couple from Harris, and two hundred and ninety one from Red, so figured at least Red missed her. She was curious how long it would take for them to stop trying.

She contemplated listening to the twenty-three voice messages she got, but she's busy now. She also took note that her text box was now full, and a quick peak revealed all from Red, well that was kind of nice, and she guessed the other two just didn't get texting.

However, she has immediate problems, like some gangster vampires in her new town. So she phoned the number and spoke with some old guy, and twenty minutes later he was surprisingly there. He didn't seem to care what they wanted it for, who they are, and that she disturbed his evening. He was happy to rent the place out as its been sitting, costing him money for so long.

Therefore, after signing a few things and paying the deposit in cash to his liking Faith watched him drive off after taking claim of the keys and checking out their new home.

Turning on the lights, Faith was surprised. It was a huge warehouse with a water dock with garage leading out into the ocean, and the lights showed that that includes a grate gate in the water to keep out underwater intruders, and a normal gate above the water, and they don't have a boat so no reason to open the gates.

It has a ramp near the small indoor dock, and a large open space that would be nice to put up some exercise equipment and training gear. The main door they're at is on a walkway with tinted windows along the walks. Then on the other side, they can see large office space, enough to make a few rooms to sleep in.

Then downstairs on the main floor are more rooms, for, whatever, and apparently, according to that guy a couple communal shower rooms, as well as a couple toilet rooms, toilets upstairs, but only one large shower wet room, but it all needs a lot of work, but for how cheap it is, and that includes the large garage outside.

"Well, welcome home boys and girls, welcome to operation 'get the bastards and stake 'em'! Name pending," Faith said and added amusedly. "Oh, and I'm Faith: Chicago Cities new guardian Vampire Slayer," she finished as she led them around the large walkway to the offices.

It was lucky when exploring, the girls no longer afraid but beaming that the offices aren't all windowed, (inside). Faith wants some privacy from the boys too. There were only three really useable rooms as the other four rooms have junk in them.

So Faith took the largest room with the girls, the one with the bathroom (until they clear out the junk, one being a fully fitted, yet old kitchen), and the boys were split into the last two. It was quite the thing that one of the rooms was stuffed with brand new blankets, sheets, curtains, all sorts of things like that, but then she did hear that the previous tenant used it as cheap storage before going bust.

They couldn't really go around the city and spend what Faith took from the vampires in the middle of the night so Faith told the others to take some blankets and make some makeshift beds and get to sleep.

She made her own space but watched the other girls drift off, possibly having the most comfortable sleep in a long time. She looked out of the large window at the ocean and smirked. She already has her little followers. They have no one to look after them, like her, but she's strong and can do that and teach them to take care of themselves.

Faith listened in to some of her voice massages as she finally lay on her 'bed'. However, all Giles said was how disappointed he is and that he expects her to return soon or the Council will look for her and bring her back by force.

She snorted at that, but Reds messages were kind of annoying, annoying in that please, begging, and apologising for being totally pro-Kendra when they're supposed to be friends, and that she's finally figured Kendra isn't all that cool.

The Slayer couldn't listen to anymore and just kicked off her shoes and went to sleep. She had then still managed to get up earlier than anyone, calling the telephone company and getting the phone line turned on so she can at least get internet access, when she gets a computer or two.

She then left her new crew for a short while, and when she arrived from the local shop, the younger girls were in a panic, awake with the others, and quick to hug her, which made her uncomfortable. She really doesn't think she's good role model material, but then she's also their protection.

But she handed out some quick-pick-hope-they-fit off the rack clothes and sent them into the shower rooms downstairs with some soap and shampoo to clean up and get dressed. Then she went upstairs to the shower in her room and quickly washed up. The water wasn't very warm but it was good enough for now.

She had surprisingly finished before anybody, (but she wasn't all that in need of a wash), so while they were finishing up she looked around, and found the downstairs stores to find a treasure trove of goodies, such as sofas, beds, matrices, chairs, and even a few large TV's, and movie players, and other wonders beside.

So while they hadn't come out yet she lifted a large three-seater in red leather over to the other side of where the gym will be and placed it down near where the rest room doors are and taking off the protective covering sank into its comfort.

The boys arrived out first, looking surprised, when she told them where to find seats, and minutes later they had another three-person in crimson, setting it with hers. She told them to bring out the last in crimson, and the three chairs and set them up with the red rugs she saw and a few coffee tables and she'll help take the black set upstairs later after they cleared out a room for the lounge.

While they did that Faith followed and grabbed a stand, set it up, perfect, then the large TV and opened the thingy on the floor to reveal a couple of plug sockets and set up the indoor TV areal. She'll have to get something better, like cable.

Then by the time the girls had finished, it was all set with some cartoons, though a little fuzzy, it was OK. So she unloaded the sandwiches she bought, took one and said 'dig in'. They didn't need telling twice as they tore into the food hungrily.

She smiled sadly. She remembers plenty of times when she was younger and hungry, but nobody gave her the time of day. So maybe she can do something worthwhile for once and make sure these guys aren't tools just to be used like she was.

Faith frowned as she noticed her phone going off as she pulled it from her pocket as it was digging into her. It was Red again, but this time, this time she turned her phone off, already planning to get a new one with a new number.

Willow Willow Willow

She was feeling miserable for the way she has been acting, just because the new Slayer isn't vindictive or hot-headed. Faith was always nice to her; she didn't call her names, or nerd or anything like that. She had been fun, and always managed to break her free from her shell and even encouraged her to study magic.

It had been kind of nice to be Faith's adorable red haired witch, (in private, so no one else found out she was studying magic just yet). Faith treated her like she was special, yet Kendra doesn't treat her as an equal. If anything, now the thrill of a new friend and Slayer to help out the, dark skinned Slayer is both arrogant and ignorant to the real world.

She obeys to the letter, and even she knows that could get someone killed. Kendra had ran Angel off first, and though they didn't really speak much as friends should, he came to her over Giles if he ever needed some research done, and even forced her to take payment for her time, even though she enjoyed doing research she would have done it for free.

He was a pretty great guy as vampires go. He had even saved her life once, so she's thankful. She had thought that Kendra just made a mistake, but apparently not. She didn't care that he has a soul, and if not for Faith might have actually slayed him.

However, nobody realised, or thought about this at the time, but Angel apparently, so then he just left, only leaving her and Faith a note each. It had been sweet that he thought about her, and now he's setting up the rescue from evil business in LA, and if she were older or had no family to chase her, right now she would join him while looking for Faith.

She completely screwed up like an idiot, and now she's lost such a great friend, and not only that but her boyfriend Oz has gone missing and she's worried that Kendra either got him or he just grabbed his stuff and ran for it while he can. She can only feel relieved that his vans gone, so he's probably gone, but.

He would have called first, wrote a letter, anything, even Faith left her a note, even though it only said 'bye, -Faith'. Now she feels all alone, and she's hiding her magic-studies, which is only possible because she had been so embarrassed about the whole thing, what if she can't do it, but Faith had faith in her.

Only Angel and Faith had known about it, and she could do some magic, the more she learned, the more she could do. She had wanted to show Giles, Xander, and Kendra, but even Giles has looked concerned about Kendra's by-the-book-don't-wing-it, or don't think for yourself attitude.

It seems that only Xander doesn't have a clue, but then he has a wicked crush on her, which she ignores only to stamp on his heart, stupid sap.

So she won't let her witchcraft out of the bag, (unless she laughably gets ubber powerful enough to defend herself). She doesn't know whether Kendra's handbook says that witches or wiccas are fair game or not. Not to mention the girls Watcher praising her for messed up stupidity.

It's like he's… wait, he is freaking incompetent. Even she could beat him up. He gets in the way, and his stupid Slayer thinks that it's her duty to rescue him. He shouldn't be so stupid as to need rescuing. Faith had taught her how to not end up being her damsel, and stop putting woman's rights back.

If only she paid attention sooner she would still have her best friend to look out for her, to talk to about boys, or girls if Faith's in one of her I'll chase anything cute moods.

She sighed sadly, as she sat at a table in library at school, a place that Kendra doesn't go to much, and Giles stays at because he's hoping that Faith will have enough and return. She doesn't think that's going to happen, and she's sure Giles knows he's kidding himself with the stuff he lets the Council do.

Though, thinking about it, she's certain given a second chance he might quit the Council and actually do what is right by his Slayer. She can hope so. Its only been a few days but she misses her friend, and she doesn't know what to do about Oz going missing, and now Faith's turned her phone off.

She just tapped her phone on the table, tempted to try again anyway, even though she knows it will be useless. If only she knew some tracking magic, but she doesn't.

It was then that she almost jumped out of her chair and knocked the book off the table to the floor. It was a girl, no older than her with these dark piercing near black eyes and crinkled brown hair to her shoulders, and a cute smirk, wearing jeans, trainers and a sweater with a large bag she dropped heavily to the floor as she picked up the book and placed it back before the red haired girl.

"Sorry," she said in a playful manner, her accent certainly from England. "I don't suppose you know where I can find a Rupert Giles do you. I was told to come here and find him. It's been quite the trip."

"Umm… yeah, sure," she said turning to the office behind where the stuffy librarian/Watcher was sitting, reading or something. "Giles!" she yelled, blushing as she has grown accustom to Faith yelling to pick up the bad habit too.

He came out of his office, cleaning his glasses, looking confused as he placed them back over his eyes. "Can I help you Willow?" he asked looking from her and her 'friend' and back again.

"Umm, yeah, this girl, well, said she's here to see you," she replied nodding her head.

The girl just shrugged as she grinned. "I'm Kennedy, your new Slayer!"

Giles went down and passed out while Willow smiled nervously. "You mean you're going to replace Kendra?" she asked, sounding too hopeful.

Kennedy frowned. "Who's Kendra…?"

"Me," interrupted a strong Jamaican accent from the door where a young black woman stood with a small smarmy librarian type, the type that told you you're writing notes too loud.

Kennedy just looked at her with a cold glare. She hated them both on sight, so authoritarian; she hates that.

Angel Angel Angel

Angel groaned to himself as he stood in the large foyer of his newly acquired 'hotel' base of operations in Los Angeles. He was looking at the young black man with a completely shaved head while a bunch of rowdy and highly annoying street punks stood around him.

He half regrets saving them the other day when, in their foolish little game of hunt the vampire, they ran into something bigger, badder, and smarter. It was only luck that he had stumbled across them while heading out to look over some of the local demon haunts.

The souled-vampire doesn't know how this Gunn character and his silly human gang of 'monster hunters' found him, but he was annoyed with the way the 'boy' was demanding that they team up, and for Angel to train them, despite the whole being a vampire thing.

Angel was going to just dismiss Gunn and his gang when he paused and really looked them over. They all look ragged in what they're wearing and like the world has destroyed any hope they might have had. They had boys and girls in their group, and he could near see weapons from guns to blades 'hidden' on them, very badly hidden.

If he just sends them away, eventually they'll get themselves killed by not being smart when they should have been, and jumping the wrong sort when they shouldn't have.

He frowned as he thought about what they could possibly do, but looking, he could get some of them to research the 'Big Bad' of the 'hour'. Though, they won't be anywhere near as efficient as Willow, it will keep the weaker and more fragile out of doing something stupid.

Then he could teach the others how to fight, and investigate places he can't actually go during the day, even using the sewers to get around. That would also keep them off the streets as he has plenty of unused rooms, and maybe it will keep them alive.

Sighing, he gave a stiff nod that got a few happy cheers, and he wondered what in hells name he had gotten himself into. Shaking his head he just told them to pick a room and stay out of his before leaving them to do whatever it is they'll do of the evening while he headed out to his car.

However, Gunn followed and jumped into the passenger seat. Angel thought about complaining and telling him to see that his gang behaves but just started his tinted car up and drove off.

"So, where are we going?" Gunn asked after a few moments of annoying silence.

Angel just shook his head. "I'm trying to find the location of a runaway Slayer. She's an ally, and I have resources… money that I can use to help her stay out of the Watchers Councils sight."

"OK, I don't know what a Slayer or the Watchers Council is," he replied looking baffled.

Angel sighed. "The Slayer is a mystically empowered girl that slays demons. The Watchers Council normally watches them and 'trains' them, but I'm not sure they've been-."

"You think they've been fucking with these Slayers?"

"Yeah, and there is normally only one," he said, only showing some slight amusement. "However, it seems that if a Slayer dies and is resuscitated that another is called anyway. My source on the Hellmouth has just told me that she's with two and one has ran. Its lucky, she sounds thankful that this third Slayer has turned up."

"Sounds like the second one is in the Watchers pocket," Gunn said smirking. "So let me guess, this Hellmouth isn't a very nice place. So anyway, where will you get the info on where to find this Slayer?"

"Not sure yet," he said shrugging. "I'm just going to walk into a few demon bars and ask."

"Demons have bars?" he asked in shock.

Angel shrugged. "Not all demons are evil, like not all humans are good. Some demons may even do what they do just because it's their nature, but that doesn't mean we won't kill them, just that we shouldn't stain our hands with the death of innocent beings. If it helps, just think of the harmless ones as aliens."

Gunn just shook his head, trying to clear it of thought. "I guess I have a lot to learn, huh?"

"That's why you came to me isn't it?"

"I guess it is."

To Be Continued…

Kennedy snickered as she watched how red in the checks Willow was getting as she was on the phone to her 'boyfriend' as she could just make out the boys voice, and him telling her that they have to break up, that he's a dangerous werewolf, and that he doesn't want that nutcase Slayer 'Kendra' murdering him.

Though, Kennedy couldn't blame the poor guy, that Kendra girl is a menace to her sense of fun. Giles hadn't actually woken up yet and the puppet and her puppet master have left them after stealing what Kennedy realised are her weapons since they were with Giles. Though, she said nothing to get rid of them faster.

Willow was trying her hardest to tell Oz it was OK, and she really meant it, but with Kennedy teasing her, poking her nose, and giggling, and slowly 'reaching' for her chest it was hard to be too sad. She at least has someone who isn't going to leave too soon, she hopes.

She hung up her phone and wondered whether it was OK not to feel too sad. She felt almost relieved, though that's mainly because Kendra hadn't killed him. If Slayer number 2 had, she might have retaliated in kind. It can't be too hard to just spike her drink with a potion or something, can it?

"Why the evil look, beautiful?" Kennedy snapped her out of her daze. "Looked like you were plotting murder," she said while giggling as Willow went brighter in the cheeks. "Wow, since you were, if it's that Kendra girl, I'm so helping you," she said poking Willow in the ribs gently.

Willow giggled, and just prays that everything works out in the end, and that Faith is safe.
Sign up to rate and review this story