Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Graduation Day

Graduation Day

by HP_Fairy 0 reviews

It was the day that Hermione Granger had been waiting her entire life for. The day that Ron Weasley had been praying for, the past six years. The day that Harry Potter had been dreading since he wa...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Parody, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Published: 2006-08-07 - Updated: 2006-08-08 - 890 words

-1Boring

It was the day that Hermione Granger had been waiting her entire life for. The day that Ron Weasley had been praying for, the past six years. The day that Harry Potter had been dreading since he was eleven.

Today was Graduation Day. Hermione Granger sat cross-legged in the tall grass, beside the cold waters of the black lake. She sat in silence until Ron Weasley came up from behind her, slipping one arm around her waist.

"Oh, Ronald. You scared me. What are you doing down here? You're supposed to be helping Harry with his speech!"

Ron dropped his head onto Hermione's shoulder. "Ah, well, the famous Harry Potter does not need any help writing his speech, and thinks it wise of Ron Weasley to spend time with his lovely girlfriend, instead!"

Hermione laughed. "Alright, then. If Harry Potter insists." She smiled at the thought of spending the next few, quiet minutes along with Ron, next to the lake. She'd rather stay here all day, than pack up all of her belongings and leave Hogwart's for good.

Over the past seven years, it had become home to Hermione. "What are you thinking about, Mione?" Ron asked her gently, brushing back the hair that had fallen into her face.

Hermione sighed. "Oh, everything. You, me, Harry. This place. I don't want to leave, Ron. Hogwart's is my home. Ron nodded. "I understand, Herms, but you can't stay at Hogwart's forever!"

Hermione smiled up at Ron. "Maybe I'll be a Professor! Ron, can't you see me teaching first years how to wave a wand?" They shared a laugh. "Yeah, I can see it now, Mione. No, Johnny, Swish and Flick! And it's Leviosa, not Levi-osah!"

Hermione pretended to be hurt. "I wouldn't do that to Johnny! I'd handle it in a mature way! Besides, I only pick on the ones that I love!" Ron grinned appreciatively. "Oh, so now you love me?"

Hermione laughed. "Yes, is that okay?" Ron nodded, dipping his hand into the cold water. "Well, yeah, but will you still love me once I do this? He turned and splashed Hermione in the face with the lake water.

"Ewwww, Oooooh, Ronald, you are in so much trouble! Cold, cold, cold water! Hey, get...back...here!" Laughing, Ron leapt from the ground and took off across the lawn, followed by a soaking wet and shivering Hermione.

Harry Potter threw down his quill in frustration. "I am not meant to write this speech." Harry thought to himself. "Harry, how far have you gotten? With the speech, I mean?" The sweet voice of Ginny Weasley called from across the common room.

Harry sighed. "Not so well, Gin. Perhaps you should write it for me?" He asked hopefully. Ginny laughed. "Sorry, Potter, you're out of luck. Write it yourself. Just tell everyone what Hogwarts means to you. Honestly, it can't be that hard!"

Harry shook his head. "No, Gin, believe me, it can be very hard. I'm going to laugh when you have to do this next year. Then, you'll see where I'm coming from! I don't even know where to start!"

Ginny sighed, and slouched across the common room to where Harry sat on the sofa. She sat down next to him, taking his hand in hers. "Start with your first year, and tell about the Sorcerer's Stone." She suggested, "And then move onto second year, and then third...you know."

Harry shrugged. "Worth a shot. Let's see...how I met Ron Weasley! Now that ought to be a good story!" Ginny laughed. "If meeting my brother is your first memory of Hogwarts, I feel badly for you."

Harry sighed. "Don't. That day was one of the greatest days of my life. If I hadn't met Ron, I wouldn't know you. And if I didn't know you, I'd be all alone!"

Ginny smiled serenely. "I love you, Harry." Harry kissed her on the cheek. "I love you too, Gin, but right now, I have to write this speech! I don't want Mcgonagall on my arse all morning! No good comes from that!"

Harry leapt from the sofa and strolled across the common room, followed by Ginny. "The day I met Ron Weasley." Harry said aloud, and laughed. "What a day, what a day..."




Hermione took in a deep breath, as she studied herself in the mirror. She was wearing the traditional, crimson, Hogwarts Graduation robes. She wore her hair in a bun, tucked neatly away behind her head. Two, elegant curls hung down in the front, beside Hermione's ears. It was the first and last time she'd ever look like this!

"Wow, Mione. You look...beautiful!" Hermione spun around to see Ron gaping at her from the doorway of the dressing rooms. "You'd better be glad I'm changed." She said, laughing, as Ron pulled her into a kiss.

"You look fantastic, Hermione." Ron said, blushing the color of a ripe tomato. Hermione grinned. "Why, thank you, Ronald. You don't look half-bad, yourself!" Ron was wearing a plain, black, tux, completely free of frills and laces.

He laughed. "Yeah, you should see Neville. He's got his hair all jelled back and everything! He looks mighty handsome! Is there any chance I should be worried about you falling for him, over me?"

Hermione laughed. "Oh, no, Ron. Not a chance, not a chance!"
Sign up to rate and review this story