Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies

Follies on the Express

by pakarin 1 review

Harry has all but given up hope of the adults helping and protecting him and others looks into the laws that are supposed to help. The chance to run his own life occurs in his fourth year.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Published: 2013-12-16 - 1889 words

0Illiterate
Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Follies
Ch. 4 Follies on the Express
At the end of the portkey trip Harry staggers a bit then falls flat on his face breathing heavily. Arthur and the kids look at him concerned before the twins lift him between them an arm over each shoulder. "What did.." said Gred. "He do?" said Forge. "To be nearly.." said the other. "Dead on his feet?" returned the other twin. Arthur Weasley looks at his boys and Harry "to get like that he'd have to expend a lot of magic in a short time." Hermione looks at Ron then to Mr. Weasley and say "Well, he did cast a lot of healing spells before helping Winky and the portkey. Would that do it?" Arthur shakes his head "he shouldn't even know any healing spells. No wonder he's exhausted." Then everyone troop back to the burrow.
They met Mrs. Weasley half way up the drive. She looked frazzeled as she cried fussing over them whispering worriedly "ohh thank god you're all ok. When the news said there was an attack at the match I only thought of how I yelled when you left." She then saw Harry nearly unconcious between then twins and went to tears checking him over. "What happened to him?" she whispered worriedly. Hermione looks at Harry then at Mrs. Weasley "he's just exhausted Mrs. Weasley. He was helping the mediwitches." She didn't say that Harry pretty much healed most of the group before they arrived. Mrs. Weasley bustled everyone to the burrow and had Harry laid on the couch when with a soft pop a house-elf appeared. "You leave master be Winky will take care." she said looking at the others as if daring them to oppose her. Mrs. Weasley looked in shock at the elf and said "and who are you? " Winky nods at Mrs. Weasley then back to her master making sure he's comfortable "I be Winky Master Harry's Wheezy mum. He'll be ok soon, but will need rest." Mrs. Weasley looked a little kinder to the elf and nods "He's exhausted himself at the match I can't believe they needed a child to do their jobs for them." She frowned looking at everyone then bustled everyone to bed saying "come on to bed He'll be ok where he is."
The next morning in the pre-dawn Harry groggily wakes. Abruptly his eyes widen remembering the events of the previous day and night especially bonding Winky; then remembering the end of his second year he gasps "Dobby!" With a soft pop Dobby appears "The great Harry Potter sir calls Dobby." Harry looks at Dobby noticing the magic slowly leaving and shakes his head "Dobby I didn't know you'd start to lose your magic when you're freed. Winky!" Winky pops in "you called Master Harry?" Harry nods at her then at Dobby "Winky I want you to meet Dobby. He tried to save my life a couple years ago. Dobby meet Winky she's working for me now and I hope that you'd like to work for me as well." Dobby looks at Winky listening closely then nods at Harry bouncing excitedly "Dobby like that a lot great Harry Potter sir." Harry smiles at the house-elves. Harry place his hand on Dobby's head and say "Dobby, I Harry James Potter of house Potter accept you into my house family to family, brother to brother to aid me in my duties and to advise me when needed." A glow swirl around Harry and Dobby and die down leaving Dobby standing a few inches taller, more filled out, and dressed in a suit practically out of Butler's Monthly. Dobby looks down at what he's wearing saddened "Master Harry Potter sir give Dobby clothes?" Harry shakes his head smiling at his elves replying "No my friend that is a uniform. It shows all who see that are a valued member of my staff doing a valuable service." Harry stands and stretches "besides, you two are sentient beings and deserve respect and to look your best." Heading out to the yard going through his kata meditating making sure to control his magic to hide his aura. He feels a feel others coming out and say "Morning. How's everything?" Hermione, Ron and Ginny come out to find where Harry was since he wasn't in bed upon seeing him Hermione say "Are you ok? You were so exhausted when we got back." Nearing the end of his exercises Harry replies "I was exhausted but I felt the need to get my exercises in. How is the meditating going for you guys?" The others nods Ron saying "it's ok but taking longer than I thought it would." Harry nods "I know but it's worth it when you follow your magic and touch your core the first time." Remembering the feeling.
The time before the express Harry spent teaching what he knew of meditating and tai chi telling them to feel their magic and follow it to the core. By the 31st of August Hermione and Ginny mamage to touch their core and were on their way to learning occlumency. Ron was a bit slower in touching his magic and only beginning occlumency with Harry telling him "stick to your strengths. What are you most known for." Harry tells Ginny "when you sort and make protections use your imagination. You can even use anything you can think up." On the night before going to King's Cross station Harry had the elves make sure the trunks were all packed and ready not wanting to be nearly late as in times past.
The next day there was still the mad dash trying to remember things to add to the trunks for school. Still they managed to get to King's Cross and Platform 9 3/4 with about 15 minutes to spare. While searching for a compartment they found one with a blonde who looks to be a ravenclaw. Harry pokes his head in saying "Hey there, do you mind if we share this compartment with you?" The girl nods and smiles with her wide blue eyes dancing "Sure sit where you will." After everyone sits comfortably Harry starts "Hello, I'm.." The girl interupts saying "Harry Potter. I know who you are." She looks to the red heads saying "I know you're Ron and Ginny Weasley." Then looks at Hermione frowning a bit saying "I don't know who you are. Please tell me your name? I'm Luna Lovegood." Hermione nods and smiles "I'm Hermione Granger." She looks at the newspaper Luna is reading upside down "What kind of newspaper is that? I've never seen one like it." Luna nods "this is the Quibbler. My daddy runs it and someday I will write articles for it." Harry nods and smiles "Should always have an idea of what you want to do for a career someday." Ginny looks at the newspaper a bit closer "I've heard many rumors about the Quibbler, about how some of the stories can't possibly be true and mentions animals no one's ever heard of let alone seen." Harry smiles a very mischieous smile and looks at the newspaper and asks "may I read this a bit?" Luna thinks then nods "sure but I want to do the rune puzzle before we get to Hogwarts." Harry starts to read the paper finding some of the stories to be rather funny and some most insightful. Handing the paper back Harry say "that's a very good paper your dad runs Luna. It has some factual things and just funny enough to be relaxing." Ginny and Hermione look at each other then at Harry and Luna Hermione asking "How's that? most things mentioned haven't been proven to exist in the magical world." Harry smiles becomes quite Cheshire when he replies "you and the Weasley's should know better then to judge at first glance especially you Hermione." Hermione looks shocked "why do you say that?" Harry replied with a few questions "how many countries are there in the world? How many languages or even dialects of languages." Upon hearing that Hermione looks in shock "never thought about that. They could be foreign names."
Half way through the journey after the lunch trolly passed the door was yanked open to reveal a smirking Draco Malfoy with Crabbe and Goyle behind him. "What do we have here? I see a bunch of losers with a mudblood and a loon." Draco say with his bodyguards chuckling in the background. Harry and Ron are upset at what Draco called their friend but when Harry see the look on Luna's face at being called a loon his eyes start blazing an emerald light. "Malfoy, why do you insist on insulting everyone you see? By your own words you show no respect for Hecate or her gift to humans." Harry growls out staring into the blonde boy's eyes. Draco gulps looking at Harry's eyes but then regains his arrogance "respect is what the losers show their betters. By betters I mean purebloods like me." Harry stands in anger at Draco's words and only now do Draco and his companions notice Harry isn't wearing any glasses and are seeing the burning emeralds clearly. "Malfoy you had better leave now before you get seriously hurt, and for your information respect is earned not given. Then again I doubt many purebloods who are friends with your family would understand that. Think of this til we get to Hogwarts, why are there first born mages in the first place. Also what respect and honor have you earned since being sorted. I mean earn not bought." Harry growls even more menacingly shocking the boys to leave quick as they can. Harry closes the door then looks at the girls "sorry about that he had no right to demean any of you." Ron looks in awe and a little fear "damn mate you can be downright scary." Hermione cuff Ron in back of the head "language Ron." She looks at Harry "I don't like Malfoy any more than you do Harry but I think threatening him might not have been a good idea." Harry shrugs lean back closing his eyes "maybe not but it needs to be said besides whoever said it was just a threat?' Ron trying to lessen the tense atmosphere say "what do you think the event at Hogwarts going to be?" After Hermione and Luna mention having no idea of the event Harry mutters though all can hear "I don't really care what the event is but knowing my luck I'll be in it to my neck before all said and done."
When the express reaches Hogsmead Station it's raining outside such that everyone's soaked as they near the carriages. Upon seeing a horse like creature in front of the carriage Harry's eyes glow a bit as he steps to the flank of it and run his hand along it. "Do any of you see this creature pulling the carriage?" Harry asks. Ron, Ginny and Hermione shake their head in the negative "no Harry we don't." Luna steps closer to Harry and rub the creature with him "I see them as well so don't worry you're still sane as the rest of us." Shaking his head Harry and his friends climb into the carriage to ride up to Hogwarts.
Sign up to rate and review this story