Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Star Class

Through the Past

by Myrddin-Ignis-Magus 1 review

Harry jumped back in time a few hours and prepares to fight Dumbledore again.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-12-18 - 3469 words

0TrainWreck
Star Class

Chapter II

Through the Past

Harry was laughing as he watched as Dumbledore fired the spell, and Remus disarmed him and Neville as he pulled out his timeturner and waved bye to the shocked morons, unsure whether Neville will get hit or not, but he cannot afford to care right now.

It made him quite queasy, just spinning back two hours, but he went back more than he needed because he wanted to have a quick look around and maybe get a new wand from somewhere.

He shook his head clear – well shook it as clear as it could get when you've just jumped back in time two hours, but looking around he sighed and tried to calm down. He's all alone in the… should he call it theatre? It looked like it could be one, but then in this freaky place it could be the Theatre of Doom.

It was cold and dank, now that he's alone, and hundreds of times creepier. It made him shiver just looking at the dais and freaky veil that led, where? Probably to his doom if that cold dread was anything to go by. He moved closer, curious as he heard some soft whispers and getting a close up look made him pause and back up.

He could see in the arch, just in the pieces of tattered veil, images of faces, white and ghostly, like spectres on a waterfall that defied all sense of belief, and he didn't know how he knew, he just did that if he stepped into that arch he would only pass over like a dead man after a sending ceremony.

Harry could only shiver, and feel a dread run down his spine, but he had to ask himself whether he should be that afraid of death? Death has to be better than having no decision in your own fate and future. Would death be so bad if it keeps him from Dumbledore's control?

Somehow, he doubts that Dumbledore will ever give up trying to enslave him, and he's been doing a fairly OK job up until now. But with the world – well, magical world the way it is, nobody can or will try to help him, which leaves his own freedom up to him to save and he will do almost anything and everything to save himself.

Why should he care about the mindless masses when they don't care about him. One minute these so-called fans love him and won't leave him alone, and the next they hate him and won't leave him alone! The fundamental fact is, he has always wanted to be left alone, and treated like a normal kid.

Sure, even normal kids can rise to be acknowledged, but never like this. He just wishes they would treat him like an above average student, and not expect anything great from him, but that seems unlikely, even if Dumbledore were to publicly announce Harry is evil and dark, and Harry runs away and is never seen again they'll be expecting something.

The odd thing is, he doesn't doubt that if Dumbledore says that Harry's evil, that even if Harry renounces magic, joins the muggle world and becomes a humanitarian that they'll hunt him, and never give him a moments peace. So in the long run Harry has little choice but to fight.

In the long run, Harry wants to fight. He doesn't want to watch innocent people die, and even if it means fighting against the light and dark, then he shall. He will not simply let either side control the world because that isn't how life is. It isn't so black and white. Wars have never been about the good or the bad, the light or dark, they've been about people believing different things, or having different moral belief's whether they're religious or not.

War is a horrible thing, but war is not always started by the 'bad guys', and in many cases wars can be started by terrorists, like the Death Eaters. It's just a matter of choosing sides, but what if neither side or sides are doing what is right by its people? Then maybe there will come a new side of freedom fighters, called terrorists by others, but sometimes, life just sucks.

Harry isn't sure where he fits in, but he knows that many people will die by the dark, and in the lights incompetence, they'll willingly let it happen. They follow Dumbledore's rule of many infinite chances for the enemy while innocent people die, or in Dumbledore's case are pawns to be wasted for some messed up Greater Good, too blind in their groomed states that they will willingly lay out their lives without a second thought, and without reason.

He had been mistreated all his life (though he can't really remember it, he knows it in his soul), so he has grown to not trust adults, which is why he couldn't be groomed by Dumbledore, even after forgetting his instincts kept him true.

Just thinking about all of these things hurt his head, but he knows he has thought them many times before. He pulled out his locket and looked at how happy he and Ginny were. He wonders whether they knew what would happen eventually, and this might possibly be the last heirloom of his and Ginny's relationship, passed down to point them in the correct direction, towards hope.

He knows, he just has to have faith, and maybe the two of them can find that fairy tale ending books are always giving the heroes. But first he'll have to find Ginny – well, a wand, and then a little look around, and by then Ginny will be here. He just wonders whether she will believe the proof or that he's crazy – maybe this time Dumbledore's control is too deep even for any kind of love to break.

Breathing seemed hard, like a vice, gripping his chest as he looked at the picture before placing it back into his pocket, trying not to think about her too much, not yet. He tore his eyes away from the dais and up to the nearest stairs to a door. He doesn't have much time so he ran, sprinting up the stairs and through the door into a weird room with planets and stars floating around with a seriously low gravity level.

He smiled for a moment as he jumped from Pluto straight over Neptune and Uranus onto Saturn's ring. Under normal circumstances, he might have enjoyed jumping around as if he was on the moon, but maybe if he somehow wins, or survives he can sneak back in. After all, these morons don't seem to understand the simple concept of security.

Though, he took a look around and noticed something odd. The planets were moving slowly (which wasn't odd), it was that they were moving around the Earth. Now he thinks about it, the same happens in the astronomy charts for astronomy class. He hadn't realised these people were that slow, what next…? If he weren't in this room he would think they still thought the Earth is flat.

It took him a few deep breaths before he made another few leaps across to the far exit, and it felt strange coming out into another room, the gravity returning to normal. It made him feel abnormally heavy, but yet he liked the feeling. It was a similar uncomfortable as when he got lightheaded entering the lower gravity.

However, he closed the door to the weird room behind him and spent the next twenty minutes looking for a room full of wands. He was starting to worry he might have to ambush a Death Eater to find a new wand, and that they weren't mysterious enough for this department. Then he came across a large chamber stacked with thousands of wands of different materials from woods to metals, but also other foci suck as staffs, rods, and even gems in bracelets or jewellery.

He let out a breath he hadn't realised he held until then and started looking around and touching wands, hoping one reacts with him. However, each time, nothing, nothing, nothing. It was frustrating the hell out of him. He could feel some of the wands react to him, but the reaction wasn't right, they felt like they were fighting him.

In fact, most of the wands he touched reacted, and the rest he could at least feel, but that was odd. Thinking about it, his wand, left in the future felt similar to the wands reacting but not choosing, but on a whole new level, which could mean. He sighed. He wouldn't put it past Dumbledore to force a wand with a connection to Voldemort on him.

Harry wondered through the racks of foci shrugging as he started touching staffs, rods, gems, and jewellery. He knows in theory he should be able to use magic without one, but without having practice, (that he knows) he'll have to settle for something, which is when he startled and nearly groaned as his hand landed on three identical little gems, one blue, one red, and one green, all housed in little platinum claws on platinum hoops.

He didn't like the thought of piercing his ears, but. He looked them over and took out a card and read aloud. "Origin unknown, presumed somewhere in the Middle East to Western Asia," he said thoughtfully. "The green and the blue work as catalysts together, and focus while the red is a translator," he said thoughtfully.

"OK," he muttered as he picked them up. "The card says you're very weak, and that the only useful thing is the translator, but you can at least preform some magic, right," he said looking at the back of the card to see its empty. "These earrings look ancient and that's all it says… the guys that work here sure are working hard to earn their wage," he said sarcastically as he looked in the reflection of a magic focusing shield that barely reacted as he picked up the earrings with a sigh.

He took a few deep breaths as he saw a little splint of wood and held his free hand over it muttering a spell. He was shocked and surprised to see it turn into a thin needle. He had honestly thought that first exercise with McGonagall in transfiguration would never be used again, but he's not going to try piercing his ears with the blunt earrings. Though, the card was right, they aren't very strong, but they'll do for now.

Placing them down he picked up the needles and took some shallow and deep breaths. He has been hurt a lot worse that a prick from a needle. However, he still gasped in with each lobe he pierced, but grimacing as he put the green and blue hoop in he found that he felt a little more power now they're in, maybe because they were meant for ears, even though they're still vastly underpowered compared to modern day wands.

He had just shoved the other one in his pocket as he might put it in some other time and went to leave when he froze as he noticed a dirty black lead box behind him. He placed down the bloodied needle and went to investigate. Looking around it seemed to be the only thing contained.

It had a dusty note that red: Caution, level one warning: unknown origin, unknown materials, unknown magical properties, possibly extremely dangerous! Now, in the past if Harry had read a warning like that he would have left it alone, but now, he was curious and undone the latch nearly before he finished reading and opened it.

He frowned as he looked inside to see a small matte white tile inside with a hole in one corner with some kind of rounded black string cord attacked. Looking more, through the centre it has twin matte black engraved lines that peak up into a point like from a chart before going down and levelling off again. The tip of the point has a small black circular gem, dead centre.

Then under the gap in the line, he saw some weird markings engraved into the tile like writing, words maybe, but he couldn't understand what they said. However, without touching the tile, he pulled out the red-gemmed earring, and tried concentrating, but it was no good.

But then he looked back to the needle and picked it up. "If the foci one's work better while wearing them, then maybe you do too," he said readying himself. He wanted to put it in his left ear next to the green one, but his lobes aren't that big and he didn't trust himself not to screw it up.

Therefore, he did it without thought, on pure impulse, through the top of his left ear. He gasped out as it stung more than he thought it would, and it took him a few moments to get the nerve to pull it out. It took him another minute to get the new earring in and latch it.

He never thought he would ever wear earrings in his life, but looking to the shield he noticed something odd. His vision was bad, and for a moment he thought fate was against him when he took his glasses off. His vision was clear, and he grinned, as finally something was working for him. The red earring must have some other abilities, or maybe it's a side effect. He can't remember ever seeing this clear before, the glasses were nothing compared to this.

So, he looked down at the tile, able to admire it so much more now, but the marking was still in a different language, yet. "Raging… Freedom… so that's what you're called, the Raging Freedom?" he asked and didn't expect an answer, and didn't get one as he reached in and pulled it out, holding it in his hand.

He could feel a magic, but it was nothing like the wands and other foci. It didn't choose him as its master like they might have, and yet, it didn't tell him to go and stuff it like most of the others did.

The Raging Freedom was light, yet held some weight, and the 'string' felt like nothing he had ever felt before, so he knew even that wasn't normal. The tile itself was flawlessly smooth, and flipping it over he saw, that it was exactly the same on the back.

Harry smiled as he placed it around his neck with his timeturner. He might as well take it, or it will just go to waste, and maybe he can figure out how to use it, and what it does. They say curiosity killed the cat, but maybe the cat wanted to die, or die trying, trying to be more, and to understand the world and the things in it.

He quickly hid his glasses and needle in the lead box before looking into the shield again, other than the small trickles of blood and stinging, he did a good job. Then looking to a clock on the wall realised he and his friends and 'friends' should be here already and doesn't want to get caught with his pants around his ankles and grabbed a random wand that looked like 'his' one and ran.

Leaving the room was easy, and it was good that the wand he picked up, though didn't choose him, seemed somewhat nonchalant about being stolen by him. That means he won't potentially screw something up that he's been doing with a wand, while trying to use the earring foci.

He started to hear fighting after a few moments of running when he saw his first Death Eater, but it was Crabbe/Goyel, so he hid, knowing that slightly younger him will get rid of him pretty soon.

Harry waited for a short while before slipping out of his hiding spot before he dived out of the way of a spell, and struck the slimy Death Eater in the face with a crushing jinx, so hard, the man's head completely caved in, but that's what he gets for picking a fight with a guy using a temperamental wand.

There was another man, and he span on Harry flinging spells before three spinning lights of white tore into the room from the open door, connected as one spell and ripped straight through robes, flesh, muscle, and bone, out the other side. Blood splattered as the Death Eater crumpled into the wall.

Seconds later Ginny came around a corner helping Luna Lovegood. She didn't even pay Harry much attention as she helped her friend sit on the floor, besides where Harry stood up.

"You, OK, Luna?" he asked her, worried.

She looked up at him with a smile, nodding her head. "I am fine, thank you Harry, just a twisted ankle."

"Don't you worry Luna, Dumbledore will pay for this!" Ginny surprised him as she hissed this out in anger before looking to Harry and to the two dead Death Eaters, only one of which she killed.

She then reached up to him, not taking the black cord, but the gold chain, lifting it to see the timeturner before letting go. "You're from the future?" she asked, but she made it sound like she knows. However, he nodded anyway, confused. She smirked. "I just saw you running in the other direction so took a guess," she said shrugging.

"Dumbledore," he answered with a growl. "That bastard attacked, and Remus disarmed me while I was distracted. It was the only way to escape. I can't remember who I am, but I can sense… feel, this isn't real, and the old bastard even flaunted it. And I was so close to killing Ron and Hermione, I could almost taste my vengeance, but Remus interrupted and an Order sheep took my hit instead!

"Though, I'll give Hermione credit, she didn't give up Dumbledore's secrets," he said with an amused look, apart from his eyes, they were furious. "Ron told me enough to realise that Voldemort may be my enemy, but my truest fight is with Dumbledore, and the Order of the Phoenix!"

"Oh fuck, Harry!" Ginny whimpered, throwing herself into his arms. He automatically held her tightly. "I can't remember, I just can't, but I know, I just know things aren't right. Sometimes I preform spells I've never even heard of before, and then Luna gave me this locket of us, and it's like, everything in the world is wrong. I tried my hardest to show you my locket, but Ron and Hermione wouldn't leave you for a second. I even tried dating that Michael loser, but all I got was some flickers of hate aimed at him from you, and then Hermione and Ron distracted you.

"I had to dump him, because he wanted to kiss, but yuck, I'm yours and. I hate my brother so much. It was like, as soon as I saw the locket my feelings were unlocked… but Luna says this isn't the first. I want to rip Hermione's smug bookworm face off and shove it up her hairy ass."

Harry could only laugh as he cuddled his girl, his Ginny and took in her sweet scent like he had done hundreds of times before. "Then let's kill whoever gets in our fucking way, Death Eater, Order of the Phoenix. If they are Voldemort's or Dumbledore's, then they forfeit their lives!"

She pulled back with a soft smile and leaned up kissing his lips. The act was familiar to both of them as they held each other, lips moving, eyes drifting closed when their eyes snapped open, they pulled apart and an unlucky Death Eater met a bloodied fate.

"He should have learnt to knock," Ginny said smirking.

Harry shrugged, amused. "They should all learn that if they want a war, then its death on the battlefield."

"Such true words," she replied. "So where do we go to destroy Dumbledore, once and for all."

"There's an arch of death sitting on a dais," he replied. "In a huge chamber surrounded by seats where sick bastards watched executions… well, if when you enter the arch you die."

"I see, and then it will be the perfect place for the old bastards' death," she said laughing. "A place where countless people have lost their lives to filth like him before," she said pulling out of his embrace.

"It shall be perfect," he replied looking down at Luna. "We'll hide you somewhere safe, but you're in no condition to fight the likes of the Order," he said while she nodded, sad that she doesn't get to be a part of it, but she understands.

to be continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story