Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Venus Butterfly

Approaching Normal

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tana has another therapy session with Hisoka as she tries to help him get over Tsuzuki.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka - Published: 2013-12-24 - 481 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Five: Approaching Normal:

Tana began the session for the day. "Talk to me, Kurosaki-kun," she said. "What do you want from this session?" Hisoka took in a breath.

"I want to let this pain go," he said. Tana took down notes.

"Tell me your story," she said.

"I have loved Tsuzuki for a long time," he confessed. "We've worked together for fifteen years."

"Go on," Tana urged him. Hisoka pressed his lips together.

"He met Kimoto-san back in 1999," he said. "Tsuzuki stayed with her to calm her down. They didn't see each other for ten years." He shook his head. The therapist glanced up at him.

"How did they reunite?" she asked. Hisoka stared at his feet.

"Last year," he answered. "She had been murdered. Somehow, he was persuaded into resurrecting her with a hell stone and then…"

"They've been together ever since?" Tana asked.

"Yes," the shinigami answered. She took down more notes.

"Tell me," she said. "What do you want most?" Hisoka bit his lower lip.

"I want Tsuzuki to be truly happy," he admitted.

"Even with Kimoto-Tsuzuki-san?" Tana asked. Hearing that question made him want to gag.

"I suppose," he mumbled. Tana shook her head at him.

"No," she said. "Don't suppose, only yes or no." Hisoka tried to swallow his pride.

"Yes," he said with a bitter taste in his mouth.

"And you don't like that?" she asked. Hisoka shook his head. Tana finished her notes.

"And you want to get over this hang-up?" she asked.

"Yes," the boy answered.

"Have you tried to communicate your feelings to Tsuzuki?"

"Yes!"

"But words are failing you?"

Tana removed her glasses. "Have you tried writing a letter?" Hisoka glanced up at her.

"Huh?" he asked.

"You said words failed you, right?" the therapist asked. "Why not write a letter about how you feel?" Hisoka still looked rather puzzled.

"You can send it to him when you're ready," she insisted. "I want this to be your assignment tonight." Hisoka blinked at her.

"How is this supposed to help get over Tsuzuki?" he asked.

"It's a start, isn't it?" she asked. Hisoka pondered this suggestion.

"I have one more question to ask you," Tana interpreted his thoughts with. The shinigami turned his attention to her.

"Huh?" he asked.

"What do you plan to do after you leave this institution?" she asked. Hisoka shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know," he said. "Go back to work once they clear me, I guess."

"And back to work with Tsuzuki?" she asked.

"Yes," Hisoka said in a small voice.

"And then what?" Tana asked. The shinigami lifted his head and looked the therapist in the eye.

"I'll have to make up with my partner and apologize to him," he finished up.

"Don't give up," Tana told him. Hisoka sat back on the couch.

"A letter, huh?" he asked.

"It's a start," the therapist answered.
Sign up to rate and review this story