Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Change

Change

by kaybet 0 reviews

Could be called AU, set after the Pond’s marriage and after they find out River is their daughter. Plot doesn’t follow the plot of the show. The Doctor has been taken and River comes to the Pon...

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-12-26 - 1864 words

0Unrated

This is the first, but also the second and last (wibbly-wobbly timey-whimey) of a bit I’m doing. They are, as well this one, His Nightmare and The Truth. You may read them in whatever order you wish (as soon as they are all up) but I can promise you one thing. I will take you on a mind boggling, oh my god, I got it!, and a holy plot twist, Batman! wild ride. Enjoy. (By the way, thought I should tell you, but this first part is a little gruesome.)
*]
[*Disclaimer: I don’t own either Doctor Who nor BBC, otherwise David Tennant would be having a cuppa tea with me right now. Or Matt Smith. Hell, why not them both? If I own them in this imaginary situation imainege what I could do! Mahahahahahaha! I should stop rambling and just give you the story. Oh, and by the way, I don’t own the phrase “Holy Plot Twist, Batman!” (Who owns that phrase?)



He’s been in here for quite a while.
/]
[/Days, weeks, maybe even a few months, he couldn’t tell. Somewhere during the experiments his internal clock just sorta stopped working. For all he knew, he could have only been here for a few minutes.

/]
[/But he knew better than that. The amount of damage that his body has endured already is way too much for just a mere few days. So, he reasoned with himself, it’s been longer than that.

/]
[/The problem was that he was only awake for maybe, at most, a few hours a day. Whatever they had him on, it was effective. Not many things would work this well against a Time Lord. He would have to congratulate them on how well they had planned this all out when he escape.

/]
[/If he escaped, a small part of his mind would whisper back to him. Mentally shaking his head, he couldn’t actually move, he reminded himself of the Ponds. They would be here soon.

/]
______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

“Why hello!” Rory said as he opened the opened the door and let River into their home.

“Is that River?” Amy called from the kitchen.

“Hello, mum and dad.” River said she hugged Rory and Amy, who was covered in flour, and they sat in the living room.

“How are you, River?” Amy asked.

“I need your help.” River said, cutting to the chase.

“What happened?” Rory asked.

“Did something happen to the Doctor?” Amy asked, her face sketched with worried lines.

“Yes, and we need to go and save him.”

“Wait, how did you even get here?” Rory asked as they got up.

River said nothing as she opened the door to Amy and Rory’s home all the way. At the other end of the street, the TARDIS stood, waiting for her thief.

______________________________________________________________________________

[/It felt like he had been there forever. He actual forgot where “there” was. He was starting to forget a lot of things lately, like who he was, the roman’s name and he was even starting to forget Amy...

/]
[/Not that he was likely to forget her, not completely, who could forget her? The girl who waited... That single thought was the only thing in his head that was likely keeping him sane. Amy Pond...

/]
______________________________________________________________________________

[/It wouldn’t be long... He reasoned with himself, the Ponds would be here soon.


______________________________________________________________________________

Everytime they woke him up, it was just for a few minutes at a time. And each time he forgot more and more.

______________________________________________________________________________

When would someone becoming for him? It seemed like he has been her forever. Everything was blending together.

______________________________________________________________________________

River landed the TARDIS with slightly moist eyes, like she was trying her best not to cry. Amy poked her head out the TARDIS and looked around without stepping out. They landed in front of an unassuming large white building that was only a few stories high. It looked like some type of hospital.

“Is this where he is?” Rory asked River. He noticed that she was on the verge of tears and put a comforting arm around here.

“Yes. Here, take the psychic paper and the sonic,” River said as she gave Amy and Rory the items. “You two go through the front and pretend you work here, I’ll go through the back and meet you here, in the servanlace office.” River explained as she showed them the schematics of the building, showing them where to go. “Then, we’ll find him.”


Amy and Rory, following River’s plans, walked together down the stark white halls, labs coats on. Getting in had been relatively easy, all they had to do was to show the psychic paper to
the oaf security guard and they were allowed in. Even getting the lab coats and ID cards were easy, they were in a spare closet, along with two people who were fast asleep and, well, mostly naked.

Finding the security office had been just as easy, and this surprised Amy a bit and made her uneasy. Nothing was ever this easy, and something as big as this should have been a lot harder, not as simple as it was going so far.

As Rory used the sonic screwdriver to open the door Amy stood guard, making sure nobody would stop them. And nobody did. This flared her paranoia even more as several people walked by and didn’t do anything while it took Rory several minutes to figure out how to unlock the door.

______________________________________________________________________________

They, whoever they were, by then he had forgotten about it, started to take him off whatever they had pumped through his veins.
/]
[/It hurt. Whatever they were doing, it hurt. Flesh that was deadened by the drugs slowly thawed back to life painfully. But he quessed that coming back from the dead was bound to hurt, and there was really nothing to do about it, besides putting him back under.

/]
[/Not that they would show an act of kindness, whatever they are.

/]
[/The drugs must have worn off faster then they have thought, because when he was finally able to open his eyes, a blurred creature, that was previously staring intently at him, pulled back from sudden surpize and let out an inadoiuble ohh.

/]
[/This was the perfect time for an escape. He used to be so good at escapes, he thought as he tested out his muscles, some of them, exspecial in his limbs, were a bit unresponsive, but they would have to do. Somewhere in his mind, small voice whispered.

/]
[/The Ponds weren’t coming for him.

/]
[/This idea, fresh in his mind, brought tears to his eyes, blurring everything even more. Whispers, from the outside, not in his head, filled his ear canals. He couldn’t understand any of them, but could defently tell what laungage it was.

/]
[/English. He was surrounded by humans.

/]
______________________________________________________________________________

When Rory finally managed to get the door to the security office open, River had already gotten there and was sitting at the desk, waiting for the Ponds. Amy was the first to get in and Rory closed the door gently behind him and locked it.

“So, where’s he at?” Amy asked impatiently as she peered at the monitor screen over River’s shoulders. The screen switched cameras and showed various hallways and rooms, but no Doctor.

“Give me a second.” River said as she typed, her fingers moving gracefully over the keyboard, but to no avail. A pop-up appeared onscreen and informed the trio that their access was denied.

“Access denied?” Rory asked. “Why?”

“Well, it certainly means we looking in the right place.” River responded and she continued typing.

______________________________________________________________________________

[/“I think he’s waking up...” A voice said cautiously. Female, maybe around her early thirties. The first clear voice he’s heard in a long time.

/]
[/He snapped his eyes opened and pulled away from from the people that were surronding him. The humans. They were weak and he pulled away from them easily, although his newfound strength was quickly starting to diminish, and he pushed out the first door he found, not bothering even to take in his surroundings, and he ran.


______________________________________________________________________________

“Ha!” River exclaimed as she bypassed the security of the building’s mainframe and the annoying access denied disappeared and information filled its place on the screen. Information about Time Lord biology.

“Wait, what does it mean? River?” Amy asked as the information continued to pour on screen and River’s small smile of triumph disappeared. She click on something and pictures began to fill the screen.

“Oh my god.” Amy whispered under her breath, the words losing strength on her tongue. The pictures were all of the Doctor, being experimented on. Terrible gruesome pictures, of bruises, small cuts, the Doctor’s insides...

“What have they been doing to him?” Rory asked to no one in particular as pictures continued to fill the screen. All of them were as equally horrible and made him sick to his stomach, and he had seen some pretty gruesome things, being a nurse and traveling with the Doctor. But nothing like this.

Suddenly an alarm rang through the building and a man was shouting on the PA system. The Doctor has escaped. I repeated: The Doctor has escaped. The building is now in lockdown mode.

______________________________________________________________________________

It felt he had run forever down those never ending, stark white blank hallways. As he rounded another corner, his leg muscles threatening to give out from under him, he ran straight into a group of men in body armor and each carrying firearms, pointing at him.
/]
______________________________________________________________________________

As Rory and Amy rushed to the door, River kept at the computer and switched over to the security cameras.

“The door! It’s locked!” Rory yelled as he frantically tried to pull it open.

“Use the screwdriver, stupid!” Amy yelled back. Rory pulled the device quickly from his pocket and in his panic, he dropped it and it rolled under the narrow slit under the door.

“No, no, no, NO!” Amy yelled as she scrambled for the sonic screwdriver, but it was too late, it was out of her reach.

“Mum, Dad, I think you need to you need to see this.” River said as Amy got to her feet and faced Rory, her face expressing defeat.

“What, River? What is it?” Rory asked as he turned away from his wife and looked at River. She was pointing at the screen, where the Doctor was front and center, sprinting down the hallway for his life.

______________________________________________________________________________

[/He raised his arms in defense, and something was about to slip out from his mouth, probably a lie to somehow get him out of this, but before the words even slipped out of his lips, they fired and he sank to his knees, dying.

/]
[/A familar vibrating, almost a buzzing feeling, coursed through his bones and his skin began glow, a golden light floated from his skin and covered everywhere.

/]
[/All he could see was light, a golden light.

/]
[/Then there was nothing.


*]
[*See that little bow below this? It’s a handy-dandy place where you type in your review and I get to see it! Amazing technology, anitt?

[**]
Sign up to rate and review this story